Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:15:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning to US Investors!  (Read 354 times)
denis-z12 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:24:54 PM

I read about this the other day and decided to post the warning here. It is a warning to US investors!

"If you are a US Citizen do not invest in Venezuelan crypto! Dont have it in your trading history not even with VPNs.
Apparently the US government has set up warnings that there will be severe consequences and they will prosecute any American investing in anything crypto from Venezuela.
This is because it goes against sanctions against Venezuela"!

No need to look for trouble I guess.
Dont go against your government it cant end well. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LeoSys

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 08:30:54 PM

Why should a government decide for your investments? Maybe because they know something which the rest of the people donesn't know? Could Venezuelan project be a scam?
denis-z12 (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:40:32 PM

Why should a government decide for your investments? Maybe because they know something which the rest of the people donesn't know? Could Venezuelan project be a scam?
Its Politics. The US has no trading agreements with Venezuela, you can say that they consider them as an enemy. Now if you go and finance the enemy and their projects you will also become an enemy.
Just to be clear this is not my personal opinion about USA or Venezuela its just how it is.
rohanshinde

Activity: 44
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:46:22 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

Is it true, do you have a credible source or some news for this information or just fud?

⚡ DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡[/url (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1553108)
denis-z12 (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:01:11 PM

Is it true, do you have a credible source or some news for this information or just fud?
I read it in a crypto related group. I dont really know if its true or not. But it could be considering the bad relationship between the two countries.
Its probably in relation to the Petrol crypto that Venezuela has released or planning to soon.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:15:47 AM

Because of the current US sanctions against Venezuela. As I understand it, no US institution can lend any money to Venezuela, and buying their crypto could be construed as such. It's up to the courts to decide, of course, but they're warning people anyway to avoid potential legal consequences. US citizens could still do as they please and "invest", but at their own risk.

denis-z12 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:15:23 AM

Because of the current US sanctions against Venezuela. As I understand it, no US institution can lend any money to Venezuela, and buying their crypto could be construed as such. It's up to the courts to decide, of course, but they're warning people anyway to avoid potential legal consequences. US citizens could still do as they please and "invest", but at their own risk.
Nicely said. Thats a good explanation.
denis-z12 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:47:30 AM

Mнoгиe и paды бы зaпycтить coбcтвeнный бизнec, дa тoлькo нa этo нeт cpeдcтв, a влeзaть в нoвыe дoлги, бepя ccyдy в бaнкe, кaк-тo нe xoчeтcя. Boт пoчeмy пoиcкoвый зaпpoc зapaбoтaть бeз влoжeний пoльзyeтcя в ceти нeизмeннoй пoпyляpнocтью.
Heбoльшoe yтoчнeниe – имeютcя в видy финaнcoвыe влoжeния. Пepвoнaчaльнoгo кaпитaлa нe нyжнo, этo тaк. Ho пoнaдoбятcя дpyгиe aктивы: вaшe вpeмя, yмeния, нaвыки, жeлaния и aмбиции. Глядя в пoтoлoк, вы нe пpocвepлитe в нём дыpy, из кoтopoй пocыплютcя зoлoтыe мoнeты.
Write in English please
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 06:20:17 PM

I read about this the other day and decided to post the warning here. It is a warning to US investors!

Unless you're the United States PresidenTrump or the United States Secretary of State you'll need to provide an article or source for such information, for us to believe you, that is.

Pics...err facts or it didn't happen!

Seriously, where did you obtain this information?

If it's not yet decided in the courts than US citizens can continue to conduct business with Venezuelan exchanges until the point at which the US Courts declare such activity illegal.

A better question - what major crypto currency exchange operates out of Venezuela? Name one!
thepr0digy21

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 02:07:51 AM

I will side with OP here. It would be against the best interests of US investors to invest their funds in the Venezuelan-backed Petro. While the government hasn't released any official statement regarding the Petro at this time, you can imagine they would be against a state-backed cryptocurrency of a country that has economic sanctions against it. Not to get too political here, but the Venezuelan common man is struggling mightily while those in power continue to live a life of luxury.

The Petro just isn't worth your money or time...for all we know, it's a scam by the Venezuelan government to prop up their declining economy. I doubt there has been any auditing done by a third party group.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:52:19 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 03:29:15 AM by jseverson

Unless you're the United States PresidenTrump or the United States Secretary of State you'll need to provide an article or source for such information, for us to believe you, that is.

Here is an article by Reuters. It's about a month old, but it's a statement from a spokesperson from the US Treasury. You can find similar results from reputable sources by Googling.

If it's not yet decided in the courts than US citizens can continue to conduct business with Venezuelan exchanges until the point at which the US Courts declare such activity illegal.

What is illegal, thanks to the sanctions, is lending money to Venezuela, and the US courts could rule that buying Venezuela's state-backed crypto is akin to lending, making it illegal. It has nothing to do with dealing with Venezuelan exchanges as far as I know.

A better question - what major crypto currency exchange operates out of Venezuela? Name one!

It's not on sale on any major exchange as far as I know, but they can be purchased through their official site.

LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:42:50 AM

Well they have sanctions against them. So regardless of what legit sources say, it is a really bad idea to touch their cryptocurrency regardless of what country you are from. National sanctions isn't something you can just ignore and shrug off, its a serious thing.

It seems like a scamcoin to me anyway, because it is tethered to their oil supply but it is POW? How will they ensure they always accumulate the same amount of oil as they have coins in existence ? It really does not add up

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
denis-z12 (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:26:41 AM

Guys this has nothing to do with exchanges based in Venezuela. Its about the state owned Venezuelan crypto.
Think about it, if the government has no trade agreements and has sanctions in place for Venezuela how would they feel about you if you finance that same government and its Petro crypto with your money?!
Kaniel-ouots

Activity: 125
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:28:55 AM

Government don't care about you they only cares about there profit and wars of petrole
cryptograveyard

Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:14:14 AM

This article says it's not allowed: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/02/26/bitcoin-move-over-theres-a-new-cryptocurrency-in-town-the-petro/
uyenthuy2212

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:32:44 AM

Thank you for your wanrning. I have read Venezuala publish the potro coin and I intend to join it....

denis-z12 (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:04:30 PM

The United States prohibits Americans from buying and selling petros, arguing that Venezuela is using them to skirt tough sanctions.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/02/26/bitcoin-move-over-theres-a-new-cryptocurrency-in-town-the-petro/?utm_term=.36dfa5f238c6
Kaniel-ouots

Activity: 125
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:22:31 PM

American gov i hâte it
denis-z12 (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:20:39 PM

Инвecтиpoвaть или нeт, этo cyгyбo дeлo кaждoгo Undecided
English please
Justm00nit

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:11:06 PM

"If you are a US Citizen do not invest in Venezuelan crypto! Dont have it in your trading history not even with VPNs.
Apparently the US government has set up warnings that there will be severe consequences and they will prosecute any American investing in anything crypto from Venezuela.
This is because it goes against sanctions against Venezuela"!

No need to look for trouble I guess.
Dont go against your government it cant end well. 

Can you post the link please?
I'm not even sure of any Venezuelan cryptos but there might be a few.
Nanoverso

Activity: 101
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 11:22:32 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2019, 05:07:46 AM by Nanoverso

Also don't support Venezuelan government, they are ruining their country. I'm from Brazil, Venezuelan people are leaving the country in mass to here and Colombia, because theres no work neither food for them there.

-------------------------------------------
Checkout my blog: VST Plugins Download Synth.
denis-z12 (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:53:11 PM

The link has already been posted + the quote from the link!
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:09:18 AM

Why would someone invest in a centralized virtual currency ran by people who constantly proved how they don't know how to make a currency prosperous and how they steal as much as they can.

I will leave a bigger warning. If someone invest in that circus they will remember about me, they will regret it.

They are not only destroying a country with a lot of oil(something really hard to do) but they are also killing a lot of people with their bad desitions. I am seeing it with my own eyes everyday.
Q.E.D.

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:27:16 AM

Unless somebody already posted the same, I'm guessing it came from here https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7zfp9p/this_needs_to_be_said_if_you_are_a_us_resident_or/.

Summer Wylie
denis-z12 (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:22:21 PM

Unless somebody already posted the same, I'm guessing it came from here https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7zfp9p/this_needs_to_be_said_if_you_are_a_us_resident_or/.

Summer Wylie

Washington Post also issued a warning about Petros
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/02/26/bitcoin-move-over-theres-a-new-cryptocurrency-in-town-the-petro/?utm_term=.36dfa5f238c6
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: