Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:04:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool Choice for Legal Botnet  (Read 2314 times)
dddbtc (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 06:48:02 PM

Would you let a legal botnet connect to your pool?

Read more here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301468.new#new

All miners would be connecting from a single block/range of IP addresses.

If you'd like a boatload of intel i5/i7 computers running minerd.exe to connect to our pool please post below.  I'd prefer altcoins or a profit-switching pool, but essentially I'm looking for a pool where I can connect multiple computers using a wallet address as the username or a pool with a worker configuration system simple enough to easily connect this many computers.

EDIT: You'll make mad fee income from this project and it has the possibility for (legal) expansion in the future.  What can your pool do for my project  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 07:10:44 PM

Read more here:

If you'd like a boatload of intel i5/i7 computers running minerd.exe to connect to our pool please post below.  I'd prefer altcoins or a profit-switching pool, but essentially I'm looking for a pool where I can connect multiple computers using a wallet address as the username or a pool with a worker configuration system simple enough to easily connect this many computers.

EDIT: You'll make mad fee income from this project and it has the possibility for (legal) expansion in the future.  What can your pool do for my project  Wink

You should, IMHO, run slush's stratum proxy inside your lan and point it to a pool, so that the pool just sees a new client and your stratum proxy handles your boatload of CPUs.

edit: you will end up spending in electricity a lot more than the value of the BTCs you'll be able to mine.

spiccioli

dddbtc (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 07:35:14 PM

Read more here:

EDIT: You'll make mad fee income from this project and it has the possibility for (legal) expansion in the future.  What can your pool do for my project  Wink

You should, IMHO, run slush's stratum proxy inside your lan and point it to a pool, so that the pool just sees a new client and your stratum proxy handles your boatload of CPUs.

edit: you will end up spending in electricity a lot more than the value of the BTCs you'll be able to mine.

spiccioli

Point noted on the stratum-proxy.  And as far as electricity goes, the university gets "free" government electricity and leaves all the lights on in many buildings on all night long, it wasn't approached as a concern when this project was approved.  So I'm not going to factor that in until I am approached about it.  In all honesty, I don't think they'll notice, its likely going to be a drop in the bucket.

They're more excited about the compsci students managing it and the finance kids doing the taxes on what little income it produces.

The only concerns I got were from faculty/administrators were:

Don't DDOS the network
Don't create any kind of mass network security vulnerability

I've already provided the sources of cpuminer, minerd, and minerd-scrypt-jane to a professor for him to pick through the source code.  He understands (for the most part) how cryptocurrencies function.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:03:52 PM

stratum_proxy without a doubt.  I ran it for a while with 40 CPU miners doing LTC mining.  Worked perfectly.  It needs very little to run - I ran it on a Pentium D machine with 1GB RAM and Windows XP (old Dell GX620).
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 01:09:01 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2013, 01:24:52 PM by zvs

Read more here:

Well, it's just a p2pool, but if you wanted to give it a run I've got a quarkcoin pool set up at nogleg.com:8372.  Shouldn't be a problem unless it's over 300 or 400 connections (I've already had 400 on there at once).. the fee is 0%, though the last time I had the hundreds of connections, I raised it to 1%.   it uses a modified minerd with the algo=quark option (this - github.com/uncle-bob/quarkcoin-cpuminer)

i've also got a xeon 1240v3 in dallas and an e5-1650 in phoenix that could be set up for something possibly

(ed: oh, the log is also symlinked & viewable at nogleg.com/quark.log, cleaned fairly regularly... ed2: and i have quarkcoind configured to require a 0.0001 transaction fee, so it misses most of em, which are 0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: