Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:01:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternatives to death penalty?  (Read 2427 times)
uzumymw123

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:28:47 PM

actually death penalty really helps to reduce crime. but it bypass the right of the person to live.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
UnknownTraders

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:16:32 PM

That's the thing.. you remove the possibility of further crime by this individual but you also remove the possibility of redemption.
jaydenbox

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:20:24 PM

The death penalty is the easy way out for a hardcore criminal. Why make it easy for them? People commit suicide to escape life's pain, you want to help relieve the pain of hardcore criminals?

Solitary confinement is perfect. Solitary confinement for as little as a month will drive someone insane. I say we give these people LIFE in solitary confinement. If they survive 20 years in solitary confinement, it'll feel like they've been in there for 100 years.

Problem solved.

I agree so much with you, I feel like for someone who did something really bad and they get the death penalty, it is a easy way out, they have to have to think and suffer their consequences.
BARNEX

Activity: 103

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:16:35 PM

I think life prison is much better that death penalty, but in some situation , death penalty is a good way to punish.
UnknownTraders

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:23:55 PM

I think life prison is much better that death penalty, but in some situation , death penalty is a good way to punish.

Death is not a punishment. Scaring with death is. While the person is waiting for the axe to drop he is punished with constant fear and not knowing when the time will be up. The death part of that sentence is rather a relief from the punishment.
opinion3

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:29:10 PM

The Preventive and Restorative Alternatives

OADP supports the redirection of the millions of dollars wasted each year pursuing the death penalty to victims’ support and proven violence prevention programs such as the following:
• Counseling and compensation for the surviving family members of homicide victims.
• Cold case units to investigate and bring to justice the perpetrators of unsolved murder cases.
• Counseling and support groups to reduce child abuse and enhance parenting skills.
• Domestic violence prevention and protection programs.
• Drug courts and substance abuse treatment programs.
• Mental health courts and community-based mental health treatment programs.
• Restorative justice programs such as victim-offender mediation and facilitated dialogue.
• Early childhood education programs.
• Offender re-entry support programs.
_jshsnts

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:19:08 AM

Death penalty is one of the fastest way to reduce crimes in a country, where nowadays we're living in a society where crime surrounds us. For me the criminals have the chance to change themselves for better. We can help them by producing centers that do counselling, rehabilitation centers that can belp them to be mentally stable and also with the help of the Government and the family of the criminal.
demibear

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:51:31 AM

Death penalty is one of the fastest way to reduce crimes in a country, where nowadays we're living in a society where crime surrounds us. For me the criminals have the chance to change themselves for better. We can help them by producing centers that do counselling, rehabilitation centers that can belp them to be mentally stable and also with the help of the Government and the family of the criminal.

Someone in prison for a lower tier crime should really not be in the same system with those who are career criminals and higher tier crimes. So laws also need to be reformed and the most extreme should be removed to stop being a waste of resources. After ensuring the guilty is truly the guilty.
Majorsam22

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:34:45 AM

if its a death penalty i dont see any alternative because i even see it as one of the most easiest way out, fast and painless. giving them long term in prison will only increase state cost so its not an alternative.
hilawnasaging

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:26:48 AM

Death penalty should not be abolish because some crimes and violation needed death for an exchange. Death penalty will change the minds of the criminals who are violating the law, this will make them change their lives forever. This will can also lessen the crimes committed yearly or eventually change the whole country, but if people are against it, you cannot imply this kind of law in your country, it can either make you good or bad, its the people's choice.
Divine.bc

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:58:02 AM

I don't know if the death penalty curbs criminals from committing crimes or not, but I do believe that some crimes are just to outrageous and the only justice that can be had is from the death penalty. Also, some people just prove themselves to be too dangerous to be allowed to live. 
Starfranko

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:32:58 AM

Fact is that death penalty has not helped to reduce or discourage criminality in the society and I believe that people should be given as many chances to amend their ways as people. Life imprisonment should be the alternative
Burnit

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:55:00 PM

Suspended animation inside a Cube for 50+ years no matter what the crime. You may not age a day but your most treasured loved ones are subject too the cruel sands of time, some really scary stuff. Imagine the torment of being out of there lives for 50+ years? Much more horrifying than how prison is done now.
Willie_Linder

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:00:11 PM

In front of certain crimes, it is impossible to remain impassible. The atrocities of certain acts push us to want to vilify or to blow for blow to the culprits. The death penalty has existed since the dawn of time. In all religions, we find its trace. Especially in the Bible, we see how Moses tried to discipline his people. In this sense, we can say that this punishment is to educate and discipline. I do not believe in his advantages but his only goal is discipline. Sometimes she does not scare off criminals. You just have to know the real cause of the crimes. Maybe there, we'll know what to do.
Carter_Terrible

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:00:22 PM

My biggest concern with the death penalty is that mistakes are made. So many cases have occurred in the United States when somebody was sentenced to death and then it was discovered that the person wasn't guilty. Sometimes the person had already been killed and sometimes, luckily, they hadn't. I suppose the death penalty could be a reasonable punishment for certain crimes, if the system was always perfect. The thing is that the system can never be perfect, therefore I don't think it's wise to use the death penalty. I think it's best to lean towards a system like in Norway. There the inmates are treated kindly and they are given many opportunities to learn and become better, to prepare for their return to society. The maximum sentence there is 20 years.
rain road

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:30:31 AM

Death penalty has its pro and con but I think it has little effect on reducing crimes. Though it does help reducing cost spent on prison. What do you guys think? Is there alternatives to punishing crimes?
I think the best alternative to punishment is education and work. Proper socialization of criminals positively affects a persons. I think that if psychologists and teachers work with the prisoners, they can reconsider their views on life and repent. As for the economic aspects, I think that prisoners should make the most money that  spent on their maintenance..
I think that would be the best way for the guilty people. It will be a way of liberation to dispel all suffering for those who are still alive
FroggysDoggy

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:42:52 PM

I think instead of death penalty they should work for factories without pay and that's their penalty.

instead of dying without doing anything why don't they just work for something that could help others lives

I agree. Totally. The best way to punish them is to make them work for the benefit of the society.

For example, they could have been involved in the recovery and clean-up of the Fukushima or Chernobyl Accidents instead of innocent people who lost their lives to save the mankind.

"The next task was cleaning up the radioactivity at the site so that the remaining three reactors could be restarted, and the damaged reactor shielded more permanently. About 200,000 people ('liquidators') from all over the Soviet Union were involved in the recovery and clean-up during 1986 and 1987. They received high doses of radiation, averaging around 100 millisieverts. Some 20,000 of them received about 250 mSv and a few received 500 mSv. Later, the number of liquidators swelled to over 600,000 but most of these received only low radiation doses. The highest doses were received by about 1000 emergency workers and on-site personnel during the first day of the accident."

As regards death penalty, I believe it's a waste of money. There are better ways to use those guys...
Carter_Terrible

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:21:12 PM

I think instead of death penalty they should work for factories without pay and that's their penalty.

instead of dying without doing anything why don't they just work for something that could help others lives

I agree. Totally. The best way to punish them is to make them work for the benefit of the society.

For example, they could have been involved in the recovery and clean-up of the Fukushima or Chernobyl Accidents instead of innocent people who lost their lives to save the mankind.

"The next task was cleaning up the radioactivity at the site so that the remaining three reactors could be restarted, and the damaged reactor shielded more permanently. About 200,000 people ('liquidators') from all over the Soviet Union were involved in the recovery and clean-up during 1986 and 1987. They received high doses of radiation, averaging around 100 millisieverts. Some 20,000 of them received about 250 mSv and a few received 500 mSv. Later, the number of liquidators swelled to over 600,000 but most of these received only low radiation doses. The highest doses were received by about 1000 emergency workers and on-site personnel during the first day of the accident."

As regards death penalty, I believe it's a waste of money. There are better ways to use those guys...
That is quite a novel idea. Well, I guess that is something that already happens to some extent isn't it? The constitution of the US states, “Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.” I guess this means that slavery can be okay if one is convicted of a crime. I'm pretty sure this happens. Unfortunately, it seems to be quite a corrupt arrangement usually. Prisons and big companies benefit from it. It would be nice is regular people could benefit from their labor.
MrPresidentIM

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:47:43 PM

Sometimes I have doubts as to whether death penalty really promotes good behavior and prevents crime.

For example,
"Capital punishment remained a legal military option until 1983 when it was explicitly forbidden in the Constitution of the Netherlands. In 1991, all references to the death penalty were removed from Dutch law."

OR:

"Dates for abolition of the death penalty. Capital punishment was abolished for all crimes committed in peacetime on 30 June 1921. Capital punishment was abolished for all crimes, including those committed in time of war, on 1 January 1973."

At the same time Sweden and Holland have crime rates that are lower than those of the countries where capital punishment remains....

Just some food for thought before bedtime Wink
Jemroe01

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:44:51 AM

A case of murder cannot be justified by another killing, it only worsen the situation of living with the good. An alternative to death penalty for me is a sentence of forever in jail. This might be more effective than killing because we all know at the first place, we have no rights to kill a life. Every life is a gift of God. Even though others might actually kill, we ourselves know better what to do.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: