Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:31:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternatives to death penalty?  (Read 2427 times)
Jared_Burns

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:05:37 PM

There are quiet a number of alternatives to death penalty through  Preventive and Restorative Alternatives:
- Counseling and compensation for the surviving family members of homicide victims.
- Cold case units to investigate and bring to justice the perpetrators of unsolved murder cases.
- Counseling and support groups to reduce child abuse and enhance parenting skills.
- Domestic violence prevention and protection programs.
- Drug courts and substance abuse treatment programs.
- Mental health courts and community-based mental health treatment programs.
- Restorative justice programs such as victim-offender mediation and facilitated dialogue.
- Early childhood education programs.
- Offender re-entry support programs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:02:16 AM

Death penalty has its pro and con but I think it has little effect on reducing crimes. Though it does help reducing cost spent on prison. What do you guys think? Is there alternatives to punishing crimes?

Death penalty decrease the number of criminals in the world so it's still helpful. I would suggest that people who will commit heinous crimes and  drugs should have an isolated prisoned where they can't talk to anyone and just alone. It would traumatized that they won't want to do any crime ever again.
Bugsy22

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:16:51 AM

Death penalty has its pro and con but I think it has little effect on reducing crimes. Though it does help reducing cost spent on prison. What do you guys think? Is there alternatives to punishing crimes?

Death penalty decrease the number of criminals in the world so it's still helpful. I would suggest that people who will commit heinous crimes and  drugs should have an isolated prisoned where they can't talk to anyone and just alone. It would traumatized that they won't want to do any crime ever again.

All issues related to death penalty have a certain gray area, i.e. what if a person was set up? What if he or she didn't commit whatever they are charged with? Won't death penalty be a crime against an innocent person?
chrisnewsome

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:42:01 AM

I think that the alternative way to death penalty is through long term inprisonment. Why I say this? It is because it is the hardest, longest, and torturing sentence. You will be locked up in a room for how many years a court sentenced you, spending your whole world on the four sides of the room. You think that it is easy but on the long run, it can torture not only your physical body, but also your mental capacity. It can lead to insanity. The court does not stepped any legal matters regarding human rights since the criminal is found guilty of a crime. So for me, it is the way.
kingsmith002

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:50:04 AM

I agree to that , Death penalty is such a reducing criminals in the prison.I think the alternative punishment to those who commit crimen is reducing their parts of their body like in saudi arabia.I heard in that country if you steal they cut your hands and what you are using on doing bad things they cut it. I guess all of then people might be scared for that punishment.
nngella

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:14:04 AM

I think the best alternative to punishment is education and work. Proper socialization of criminals positively affects a persons. I think that if psychologists and teachers work with the prisoners, they can reconsider their views on life and repent. As for the economic aspects, I think that prisoners should make the most money that  spent on their maintenance..
That's what I think too. A big problem with many prison systems is that they make people worse. You gather the worse people in the country and put them all in the one place and treat the horribly. The culture is so toxic. Sometimes people end up in prison for some cyber crime and they are put together with rapists and murderers. They can come out as hardened gang members, when they went in for a crime the commit on their computer. Rehabilitation has to be priority. Prisoners should be treated with respect. The main punishment should just be that they are cut off from the rest of society. Their lives are put on hold for the whole time they are in jail.

This is a sad reality.  Instead of helping these people to change for the better, educate them to learn and renew their lives, the community (and even our government) will condemn them and not giving them a second change to grow and mature.

I do agree also that they should be treated with respect (yes even though they do not give respect at the first place and they committed horrible crimes).  We should start doing things as early as childhood development to prevent them from committing crimes the moment they grow up.

Raymund02

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:04:52 PM

As I am thinking of an alternative to death penalty, I also think of what are the reasons why people commit crimes. I think the thing is that we luck so much in having a good mentality. As we all know, people who commit crimes are the ones with psychological problems. By having a good mentality even if there are a lot of things that's going on in your life, you can thing straight and right. So for me, why would we think of an alternative if we can prevent ourselves from committing crimes. As the saying goes, "Prevention is better that cure."
mcqueen95

Activity: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:02:57 PM

Basically - life without parole. A lot of death penalty proponents stipulate that convicted criminals will be out on the streets in seven to twenty years, potentially unleashing them back on society. nobody wants a vengeful serial killer or rapist back on the streets and free to track down the people who testified against him - that's a scenario straight out of a nightmare! but in reality,  most people sentenced to life without parole for violent crimes are not released at all, and the ones who are usually released aftet at least 25-30 years in prison, by which point most of them are old men and women anyway. As mentioned above, life without parole also costs a lot less and allows for mistakes to be corrected. Overall, ee feel like the death penalty has a lot of negative sides and no positive ones, and while life without parole is not a perfect solution, it certainly beats the Alternative.
HI KITTY

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:49:54 AM

The death penalty is a very controversial and multifaceted subject. There are some who believe that it is justified, and that anyone who dares to take a life deserves to have theirs taken as well. A lot of religious people believe in the Biblical “an eye for an eye”, which is a pretty catchy motto, even if it’s usually taken out of context (it’s supposed to be taken metaphorically, as there are a lot of examples in the Old Testament of criminals who literally pay for their crimes with goods or money). We, on the other hand, like to think of it as a relic of the past which can, and should, be replaced with better alternatives. There is simply no use for it in the 21st century, from both a monetary and humane point of view.
Carter_Terrible

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:43:28 PM

This is a sad reality.  Instead of helping these people to change for the better, educate them to learn and renew their lives, the community (and even our government) will condemn them and not giving them a second change to grow and mature.

I do agree also that they should be treated with respect (yes even though they do not give respect at the first place and they committed horrible crimes).  We should start doing things as early as childhood development to prevent them from committing crimes the moment they grow up.
What do you think could be done in childhood to stop people from becoming rapists? I think that this is something that has to be done in the home. As much as many governments seem to try, we can't really control what happens in the home. We shouldn't really. This mean that we can't make people create loving home environments and teach their children to respect others. I think that a lot of people who commit rape have something missing in their lives. Maybe they weren't loved as a child. That's not always true, for sure, but I think it is sometimes.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 12:53:22 AM

How about instead of death penalty, we make use of these people? Make them do civil works? Like community service or give them jobs that could serve the public. But they must be closely monitored at all times!!! It’s like using our resources and not having to spend much on allowance. Like they do the work but they don’t get anything in return. Just like Sithara said.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BestSSS

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 09:21:29 AM

In General, many believe that life imprisonment at the expense of taxpayers is not the best option, but it is one of the few humane decisions on the part of the authorities. Every year dissatisfied people are becoming more and may have thought to come up with some other solutions to decrease costs the state to crazy criminals!

As one option is to link to the North or to the tundra, there are hundreds of kilometers of empty space. To survive there is very difficult, no one argues, but it seems to me a much more humane idea than the death penalty. If you arrange the territory, enclose them with the border and arrange something like a desert island, where they can be banished, so you can send criminals there and forget about them without spending huge sums of money on them. To give the opportunity to those who are unhappy with their government, to create their own – albeit small, harsh, but fair, and with such laws as they like. Yes, there will be live Jack the Ripper, the serial killer, but nobody will go and let them decide how to live.
Where and how prisoners will extract resources, food, clothing, with whom – to trade, and generally build their lives to decide only to them. Do you think this punishment is too cruel and inhumane? I don't think so because there are many examples of survival in such conditions.  As a variant example of the first settlers of America, among them were also a few worthy people – mostly criminals, but they wittily in such conditions, organized their society and now as you see rule the world!

♛New CA$H Exchange (https://newc.com.br)♛
✪An Innovative Cryptocurrency Platform✪
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:53:50 PM

To me, death penalty is allowed if they'd done a terrible mistakes (example : taking other people's life, such as murder, drugs). But it turns out, a death penalty cause so much trouble for everyone. They disagree about this kind of punishment. They prefered the suspect to get a life sentenced than death penalty. Because death penalty violated human rights. So i guess the best alternative punishment would be life sentenced.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:05:54 PM

Every country have their own policy against death penalty.
For me if the crime already extreme and can't change anymore, death penalty become the absolute law.

No compromy if we want to see the law changed in the future !
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:19:43 AM

Every country have their own policy against death penalty.
For me if the crime already extreme and can't change anymore, death penalty become the absolute law.

No compromy if we want to see the law changed in the future !

Life in cryogenic suspended animation.      Cheesy

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
CenaCena

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:20:32 AM

I guess a good alternative to that would be working and being useful for the society for the rest of their days rather than just killing them, imo.
Dzhegash

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 12:05:36 PM

We lack conclusive evidence on most of these questions. It would be far easier to design research projects for their answer than to summarize and analyze theinconclusive facts at hand. There appears to be some merit, however, in bringing together the knowledge we have of these alternatives an in assessing their relevance to the practical considerations of the administration of justice.
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:16:15 PM

Death penalty has its pro and con but I think it has little effect on reducing crimes.

There are no pros to it in my opinion, and like you said it isn't a deterrent.

Though it does help reducing cost spent on prison.

But does it? It might save on costs of housing the prisoner in the long run, but you're forgetting all the extra costs there will inevitably be with all the process and appeals and lawyers and extra time a death penalty case will go on for and they go on for many years.

Is there alternatives to punishing crimes?

Yes. Just actually life in prison, and life actually meaning life not just 20-35 years or whatever it might be (it differs from country to country). You can argue that putting someone to death is them getting off without doing their time as well (though the death penalty is obviously the ultimate punishment) and they can still get to 'enjoy' life (though I'm not sure how enjoyable life would be in a maximum security prison). Unless you're like a truly insane mass murderer that is guilty beyond all doubt then I don't think the death penalty should be even considered.
lemazullo

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:27:55 PM

The death penalty is a very controversial and multifaceted subject. There are some who believe that it is justified, and that anyone who dares to take a life deserves to have theirs taken as well. A lot of religious people believe in the Biblical “an eye for an eye”, which is a pretty catchy motto, even if it’s usually taken out of context (it’s supposed to be taken metaphorically, as there are a lot of examples in the Old Testament of criminals who literally pay for their crimes with goods or money). We, on the other hand, like to think of it as a relic of the past which can, and should, be replaced with better alternatives. There is simply no use for it in the 21st century, from both a monetary and humane point of view.
btcmerchant

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

btcmerchant

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:43:14 AM
Merited by Kummerf (1)

Put all criminals in very isolated Island atleast 1 thousand miles to the nearest Island. No prisons, they plant or catch their own food build their own houses. Anyone try to escape will be destroyed by drones on air and underwater drones.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: