Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:20:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Government on legalising bitcoins  (Read 1310 times)
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:02:45 AM

I agree, bitcoin is the next generation of currency, and there are so many advantages that we can get if the government legalized bitcoin, more job opportunities and more chances for people earning extra income is going to increase a lot of people economics life, and it will be very helpful for the third world country to prevent more poverty

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vitalife555

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 06:07:00 AM

Shocked You can sell text for your referrals Gift 1000 iso blockchane tehnology tokens if register, prelanch.
https://actioncoin.io/#mitridat
Or scan QR code for super fast registration on my group facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/actioncoin.ua/
Or Step:
1) copy and paste link https://actioncoin.io/#mitridat
2) sign up - first name, last name;
3) where username write e-mail and where referral id - create username (abc123);
I agree, sign up. AND Go to e-mail, maybe spam - link - activation and make pasword repid pasword and push Login.
After prilanch (1 murch 2018) You can change on Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP), Stellar (XML), Litecoin (LTC), Nxt (NXT)
  my info added also^
      *https://www.facebook.com/groups/actioncoin.ua/
             *https://twitter.com/VirtVitaLife
                  *https://www.youtube.com/c/DomSovetovDS  (multi language chanel)
Master Third

Activity: 161

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:42:46 AM

I strongly think that government should legalise bitcoin, because it may become a great revenue source for the goverment by imposing taxes of more than 30% and it can develop our country in so many ways.
Legalising bitcoin can only be possible if the government understand about it support the cryptocurrency system. I believe that before they will going to support it they as government will create their own cryptocurrency to have an access to every bitcoiners or cryptocurrency holders for tax purposes. They will impose it by exchanging first bitcoin into their own crypto before it will exchange into fiat or anything. By this they can be successful for controlling the crypto holders but still not the bitcoin.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:09:47 PM

I strongly think that government should legalise bitcoin, because it may become a great revenue source for the goverment by imposing taxes of more than 30% and it can develop our country in so many ways.
Every trader wants Bitcoin to be legalized. Not only Bitcoin, but I heard the Blokchain technology can be used for the future by governments, because Blokchain is a such a kind system, which makes financial and technlogical stuff more easier.
Argie021213

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:09:47 AM

In US people who earn bitcoin pay taxes everytime they convert it into fiat, so this means that in some country bitcoin is legal and consider to be a currency, and yes it gives revenue to the government, I just hope all country will adopt this so that the demand and value of bitcoin continue to increase.
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:47:19 PM

In general, the governments are afraid of the continued existence and evolution of bitcoin in market. Moreover, they always plan to destroy this currency in multiple ways, but they always fail to achieve this dream. And the main reason for the rejection of this currency is the existence of financial losses in many banks and the fall in prices of their currencies (FIAT) also the  governments do not benefit from  the transactions of Bitcoin because the money of cryptocurrency is digital , so they cannot control it. In addition to that, if Bitcoin will rise in a huge value and the existence of economic crises  will continues then it is sure that many govenments will recognize Bitcoin as a legal and  traded currency.
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:27:37 PM

In general, the governments are afraid of the continued existence and evolution of bitcoin in market. Moreover, they always plan to destroy this currency in multiple ways, but they always fail to achieve this dream. And the main reason for the rejection of this currency is the existence of financial losses in many banks and the fall in prices of their currencies (FIAT) also the  governments do not benefit from  the transactions of Bitcoin because the money of cryptocurrency is digital , so they cannot control it. In addition to that, if Bitcoin will rise in a huge value and the existence of economic crises  will continues then it is sure that many govenments will recognize Bitcoin as a legal and  traded currency.
I very much doubt that the government voluntarily recognizes bitcoin. Cryptocurrencies can be extracted by everyone. Fiat prints and released into circulation only the government. Using the Central Bank they have the ability to remotely control our savings. It is a mechanism of inflation and deflation. With cryptocurrency, this is impossible. The government does not know how to manage the economy in a competitive environment. That's why they don't want to accept the cryptocurrency.
marielbeckham

Activity: 185

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:10:11 PM

My point of view regarding this matter is totally the same. We'll see how all this will proceed.
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:48:24 PM

Definitely they will do not for the sake of country's development but for the development of their own wealth because many countries politicians are mainly involved in the corruption so they will make money out of everything that's why they are trying to implement taxes on bitcoins too.

But if they use that taxes in the right way then it will be great source to develop that country but 30% is very high so they have to implement the taxes at the affordable rate for both citizen and the country.
Legalizing to put a tax on Bitcoin? They can't even control it. It is impossible to put a tax to any persons that's using Bitcoin, but they can implement such at any exchanges to put a tax to any person that is trying to convert their crypto currency to fiat currency. Not everyone in the country could pay the 30% tax, it is a bit high 'cause that exchanges take 30% to your crypto. I would rather find a low rate exchanges than to give 30% of my precious crypto to someone.

You are right they can't control it and i think smart goverments like Germany,which are going to create less taxes on bitcoin payments is a good solution for people but we all know that everyone will not share this liberal approach because some of goverments have their own interests on it and people's interests are on the second place.despite the fact that its so hard to control as it seems America can create legislative basis to avoid situations like that and I hope this will be trend and example for other countries.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:24:07 PM

That's for sure something to ponder on!!

If governments take a step forward in this regard, it's surely gonna add in the development process and to the economy as a whole it will be huge booster.

Taxation if done rightly would be of immense benefit to the country and its people. Bitcoin nowadays is so in trend that most of the citizens of the country know of it. So legalization of Bitcoin would add to its further development and prosperity to the respective nations as well.
Yara1

Activity: 193
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:31:23 PM

i strongly believe government will legalise bitcoin since france is pushing for the government and central bank to ddiscuss in international forum comming up in april. government might reach a concensus in that forum
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:35:46 PM

I'm totally against legalization by any government.  Bitcoin is an enabler for libertarian principles.  Once government gets involved Bitcoin is no longer a tool of freedom, it's a tool by governments for control and oppression.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
gloriam5

Activity: 86

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:07:46 PM

they and so well on it earn only modestly and silently!
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:12:47 PM

I'm totally against legalization by any government.  Bitcoin is an enabler for libertarian principles.  Once government gets involved Bitcoin is no longer a tool of freedom, it's a tool by governments for control and oppression.

Bitcoin is the legalization itself. Regardless of what governments come up with in an attempt to regulate the market, it has only effect on the centralized aspect of this market. In other words, as long as you avoid these centralized services, you won't be facing any type of governmental control or suppression. On the other hand, I am not that much against legalization, because almost everything that fits in the centralized ecosystem, contributes to Bitcoin's utility, and without that, we probably wouldn't even be able to see this market grow to where it stands in today's world. Those who don't mind using centralized services can continue doing so, and those who prefer to not use centralized services can do so too. It's a choice that you as user can make, which is also a form of freedom in my opinion.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2226
Merit: 786

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:09:53 AM

It is easier said than done. The government cannot legalise something that they cannot regulate as it might pose a problem to them economically and politically in the future. Bitcoin's nature being decentralised and volatile makes it very difficult for the government to regulate its transactions among users and that is the reason on why some countries prohibit the use of such cryptocurrency. Last thing, if bitcoin were to be regulated and expect prices to be controlled at some point. Investing into cryptocurrency would no longer be different from stocks, bank deposits, gold, etc. in terms of acquiring value.

i strongly believe government will legalise bitcoin since france is pushing for the government and central bank to ddiscuss in international forum comming up in april. government might reach a concensus in that forum

One country that legalises bitcoin does not constitute that every country would legalise it also. If France sees the opportunities provided by cryptocurrencies, then they it might provide economic support to the public. There are still a lot of countries that are yet to legalise bitcoin and that what hinders it from growing and developing further.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
andreijoaquin

Activity: 173
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:03:32 AM

Yes it's true, government can really earn a lot from imposing taxes in bitcoin earning but how can they do that knowing the fact that bitcoin is decentralized and does not give a transaction details of a particular person? though in some country tax in bitcoin is already implemented the moment they convert some into fiat but how bout to those who does not convert them and just hold them for a long term or just trade them. I think government will really need enough research to impose regulations for bitcoin.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2814
Merit: 648

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:18:59 AM

Where did you get those percentage? 30% increase is way to higher which I doubt it would really be hard to achieve those numbers unless if theres lots of exchangers do reside into that country then it might be possible and also if there are lots of merchants which are engaged into crypto services then it would be an advantage and beneficial for a country but the big question is.They would able to consider such thing?I doubt they wont tend to easily made those decisions.There would really be always an opposition towards to this matter.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:23:02 AM

Every trader wants Bitcoin to be legalized. Not only Bitcoin, but I heard the Blokchain technology can be used for the future by governments, because Blokchain is a such a kind system, which makes financial and technlogical stuff more easier.

Not every trader. Others would want to avoid taxes so they'd rather that the government would not get involved with cryptocurrency affairs. It's possible that on the day that the government decides to legalize bitcoin, they may impose regulations and then put taxes.

Blockchain technology should be used by the government and utilize it to develop a better system for payments within the country. The government may choose to use crypto for the better in order to improve their country.

Tigorss

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:44:50 AM

Finland is one of the most advanced and technologically advanced countries. This country has even given tax freedom for the purchase of bitcoin.

Finland has also facilitated almost all the ATM to purchase, exchange, and top up bitcoin. This is done to meet the needs of people in Finland will need the use of bitcoin.

Through ATM obtained that Finland is a country that records the highest bitcoin exchange transaction compared with other countries. Even in January 2016, bitcoin has been used to buy a Tesla S (electric-powered) Tesla car for € 140,000.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:14:57 AM

Well, you have your point but we all know how government play the game so I think instead of banning cryptocurrency I will still go for legalising this thing so we can freely use cryptocurrency wihtout any hesitation.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: