Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:47:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will it make sense if someone turned bitcoin into paper money?  (Read 411 times)
lionheart89

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:11:01 PM

how can bitcoin (virtual currency) into paper money? does not make any sense at all. Bitcoin does not print like Fiat currency by the central bank. Bitcoin is produced by volunteers who maintain the Bitcoin network ecosystem through a process called the "mining" term.
brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:23:48 PM

i think it will same as "real money " , the difference about bitcoin because bitcoin its digital and it will make nosense ithink
ellabanana

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:35:05 PM

No, it doesn't. If it will happen, cryptocurrency will lose its essence. Bitcoin was created hoping to have a transaction with no paper money.

Lodipetmalu

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:41:25 PM

If that person turns his bitcoin into money, it makes since if he wants already to bring back his capital. It was his decision, we can not convince him to hold. However, once the price increase, he can not benefited from it since he sold already his bitcoin.
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:52:10 PM

Just crossed my mind today. Will it make sense if someone will create a paper money equivalent of bitcoin? And the coins will be the smallest unit of bitcoin, Satoshi? Like the currency today?  I think it is okay if it became a globally accepted currency. And it will serve as a payment for everyday goods. What do you think?

I am afraid you are missing the point. Bitcoin is already accepted by the whole world. Besides Bitcoin is an automatic ledger which is infinitely better than paper money.

TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:52:27 PM

Just crossed my mind today. Will it make sense if someone will create a paper money equivalent of bitcoin? And the coins will be the smallest unit of bitcoin, Satoshi? Like the currency today?  I think it is okay if it became a globally accepted currency. And it will serve as a payment for everyday goods. What do you think?

The hardest part of trying to articulate here is that people are actually using cryptocurrency and then when they have enough profit garnered then they would be able to encash it. WHIch would give them larger capital and then they would try again with the same method. This are all signs that bitcoin are dependent too in some extent to the paper money
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:18:16 PM

I really cannot understand what your intention is and what you are trying to say,hope you are talking about having a currency like bitcoin,can you suggest how a paper currency can be a decentralized one ,just like bitcoin. Hope you understand how bitcoin works, if not please do spend some time learning about it and then all your doubts gets resolved. I just got to ask one thing,do you really think that bitcoin is not acceptable world wide simply because it is not a paper currency.  Tongue  Cheesy
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:33:25 PM

There are bitcoin physical coins, it is a paper wallet which you can give to someone face to face. It is the closest to what you have mentioned.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

playerbtc

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:05:38 PM

If btc and other crypto coins turned into a paper is a lame and pointless things to be considered or to think as btc and other crypto coins are being valued by local currencies by its supply and demand behaviors throughout the users of it. Btc is the highly liquid financial asset which can easily be exchange into dollars then to any local currencies so there is any no need of it. Thirdly the paper currencies are the currencies of countries which is basically used for to run its conventional monetery system. So, btc cant be in paper cause it wont be a national currecy for a reason.
And the lastly, as a highly value essets to be consider it as a paper which will bear high risk or loss if there is any cheat happened for example duplicaltion of btc-paper. For the high technology doing crime is getting more easy to do.
So btc is good the way it is right now.

Cheerz
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:09:47 PM

No, this is goes against rules and ideas of Bitcoin's developers. Money is dirty and it's just a papers, that banks can print.
playerbtc

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:16:15 PM

There are bitcoin physical coins, it is a paper wallet which you can give to someone face to face. It is the closest to what you have mentioned.

Paper currency and paper wallet is  whole of a diff. Thing. But yeah physical bitcoin exist via paper wallet, but he have asked for if btc can be worked as the centrallized conventional monetery system have been working since the time of the bank. Which means he is expecting btc to be acted like conventional monetery system like btc to be acted like dollar pund yen or any other local currencies. Which i personally feel it might not gonna happen cause it will break the whole point of decentralized monetery system concept of btc which makes people realize to be the owner of their own bank and also to be the manager of their own money managing system.

Cheerz
kingkonjac

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:22:33 PM

in my opinion it won`t make any sense because it is in the contradiction of the whole crypto market which aims to eliminate fiat currency with the digital one in long term.

must_have

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:35:28 PM

I think if bitcoin turn into paper money it will causes fraud. Many traders will get out from crypto exchanges and price will fall.
Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:41:05 PM

I do not think that it is a good idea. Bitcoin`s price is very volatile. How would you, for example, buy some meat in the shop? Now its 20 satoshi, in a minute 22 satoshi.
Kaan53

Activity: 124
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:49:26 PM

Bitcoin does not make sense if someone translates Bitcoin into paper money because Bitcoin will lose all its benefits if the paper is turned into money, but it can be very logical if both paper money and internet are available, because it can be difficult for you to give your Bitcoin wallet when you go out and shop, but it will be easier to pay as paper money It is reasonable.
drukoz2

Activity: 395

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:53:25 PM

I think that such issues are not so easy to solve. They have to be agreed with someone. Thus, the entire world digital economy could be undermined. It won't be profitable. If I understood you correctly.
avadonne

Activity: 183

https://vulcanforged.com/

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:05:12 PM

It doesn't make any sense. Why would be? The purpose is to become cashless society. Digital era is now we are and digital cash will come one day. So making Bitcoin equivalent to paper money is not good for me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
buytheeffinD

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 08:17:46 PM

Don't know why you would want to go from the most secure money network the world has ever seen to the type of money that has been corrupted in history a thousand times over. Hmm, not too tough of a decision anymore now is it? Roll Eyes Tongue

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:19:48 PM

You can't make an equivalent for Bitcoin with paper money, though. There's nothing that would work with something like that because you would either quickly run into governments looking for a blanket ban on whatever it would be that you're creating, or it would be subject to the whims of counterfeiters that would almost definitely be able to get around your security features if you don't develop the design around government-tier security. Then you also have no computing power that can make sure the transactions are being confirmed in the same way, among a ton of other things as well. A complete mess for the designer if it is supposed to go beyond what it has detailed.
Dvach

Activity: 111
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:23:22 PM

It's quite hard to imagine this. The concept of bitcoin is decentralized, secure and anonymous payment method. It would be hard to implement all those features in paper money. Maybe it could be possible to implement it in the future.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: