Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:11:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenBazaar- Overrated Market Place Or A Good Choice To Buy From?  (Read 162 times)
BillCoin (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:03:54 AM

I am pretty sure that all the veterans here heard the buzz about OpenBazaar at the middle of the last year.

Everybody said that it is going to be something that changes the world- a decentralized marketplace, where you don't need to pay high fees for listing items, and the fee you pay goes directly to the community.
Soon after OpenBazaar went out it had a high amount of users, and a high amount of transactions were happened within the network, but a month later, the usage rate went low dramatically.

I think it was just a cool gimmick, OpenBazaar has a lot to improve before we can actually use it at a large scale, beginning with the UI system, to the actual settling system, there's no seller that would like to suffer this headache just for selling an item.

For those who don't know what I am talking about, visit here:

https://www.openbazaar.org/

What do you think about OpenBazaar, is it a market that worth using or the buzz was just for nothing?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
levelnaut

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 10:09:16 AM

Is it a kind of social network? Or just a program? As far as I see, it is necessary to download something?
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 05:22:20 PM

What do you think about OpenBazaar, is it a market that worth using
It is but not at the moment (due to lack of having enough vendors and also those that you cited).

or the buzz was just for nothing?
I wouldn't completely rule them out since they're starting to improve (addition of altcoin payments) a bit (even if it's a small step), although there's still the issue of ease of use and lack of mobile support and etc...

On a side note: They're not promoting it very well (haven't seen any significant effort in recent months in regards to this) and as result, they suffer to have a high usage too.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Severos

Activity: 268
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:17:22 AM

I think they need to get things more user friendly, as well as improve the UX in general. I've tried to use it like a year ago and took me a while to understand how to go around it. I'm not sure if they provide such thing, but probably having an API with call backs would help improve and extend the platform.
levelnaut

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 05:33:33 PM

I had downloaded a year ago some program. But then I deleted it. there was nothing to do with that. Maybe now it is better
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: