Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:31:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin affects students' performance in school  (Read 2463 times)
cutiecez05

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:55:56 PM

If too much addiction or too much time investing and doing bitcoin, it really affects student's performance in school. But we cannot blame them especially when they earned a lot because of bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Angletim

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:02:30 PM

As far as I can observe being a teacher, I am definitely happy that my students are involve in cryptocurrencies and they earn for themselves and help their families. But, their school perfomance is getting worse. Please give your thoughts how will you help students to earn and at the same time it won't affect their school works?
I think different students are different. Some students know that bitcoin can make money, and they spend a lot of time on it, which will affect their learning. Some students can keep a balance between learning and bitcoin, and bitcoin won't have a big impact on his learning.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:07:25 PM

As far as I can observe being a teacher, I am definitely happy that my students are involve in cryptocurrencies and they earn for themselves and help their families. But, their school perfomance is getting worse. Please give your thoughts how will you help students to earn and at the same time it won't affect their school works?

Teach them what to prioritize first. Tell them the importance of have quality education above all else before cryptocurrency. Teach your students that they have to participate in class and absorb information. Tell them to prioritize education above all else.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Zachwolf

Activity: 121

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:13:08 PM

As a student also, I don't see any effects of bitcoin to my academic performance. I think the reason why it don't have effect is I know my responsibilities and priorities as student and bitcoin comes next. If we have so many things to do, like research papers, assignments, business plans, and something like that, I always do it first. I manage my time efficiently. No wasting time. Of course there are sacrifices to be given. Because of all this, I can't do the things I want like watching anime, and playing online games. But, that's to be expected. You can't expect to have all while giving nothing. Right?

It depends also on how the student manage his/her time in crypto currency and the school. Maybe he/she make a time management so that they are not conflicting there schedule on it.
nuruljadidku

Activity: 91

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:14:42 PM

it often happens on people around me. when students can earn money by themselves especially in bitcoin, they will more focus on make more money. on the other hand, they will ignore their school. and it affects bad performance in school.
sidebyside

Activity: 245
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:18:56 PM

I think it is good for students now. Students can earn extra income to help their families. But I think students should not spend too much time on bitcoin. can start slowly. Need to adjust learning time and work with appropriate bitcoin to ensure that learning is not distracted

Nexjr14

Activity: 216

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:21:07 PM

There is good potential if it really does it, I would agree if they go into the crypto world just to save or invest. If they follow some bounty programs then learning activities will be disrupted, because their task is only to learn for their future.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:23:30 PM

It only depends on each individuals if some teens can make lot of money or they are born richer then most of them will not concentrate on their studies,so we can't do anything about it they have to realoze that money is not the only thing enough to live in this world.
Jay Jay crypto

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:25:13 PM

It is already been accepted that students are already been involved in bitcoin, it helps them in their finances. If it does affects there school performance, i guess they need to re-evaluate their purpose or goals in life
adiksau0414

Activity: 420

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:29:39 PM

I think we cant blame those students to be more focus in learning cryptocurrencies than learning basic subjects. They earn from and maybe some of them uses it for tuition fees. Especially to those students who really needs money not just for theirselves but also for their family. I think you should limit them to use it while in your classroom or let them realize that they are keeping their minds in cryptos to have money for their schooling but in the end their hardwork will end up to nothing. Please tell them that it is not permanent job, do it to their extra time.

King Sastro

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:04:42 PM

There is good potential if it really does it, I would agree if they go into the crypto world just to save or invest. If they follow some bounty programs then learning activities will be disrupted, because their task is only to learn for their future.
Better pupils focus on learning, never bothered with anything else including bitcoin and bounty, most importantly they understand with bitcoin without being directly involved, if they are mature then they can immediately start investing or bitcoin hunting.

PRIMEXCOIN
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Englebabylove

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:12:26 PM

It depends on the students. Some students know the currency trading can be a lot of wealth, they would not be willing to learn and spend a lot of time on the currency, so their learning will be affected by a lot of. Some students have a good balance between the two, and their learning is almost unaffected.
xamil

Activity: 354
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:16:08 PM

I think,if we teach bitcoin to teenager or to those who are in studying i think we need to guide them because they will focus on it if they know that they will earn more bitcoin when they more focus on it. Its better to gave them a time for studying and time for it also if they really need to earn bitcoin.
bytomboy1234

Activity: 145
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:18:23 PM
Merited by btcminer6212 (2)

I think it depends on each and every student on how they can handle the situation since it is different for each person on how they do bitcoin. Some really goes into it and forget all the responsibility and some are just good in time management.

I agree with you.Its very nice to hear hat in a very young age they already know how to help there families.But their is always disanvantage sad but its true.Maybe we can teach them how to manage time for bitcoin and school.But they must choose to fucus school first before bitcoin.Maybe they can work there bitcoin in non school days.
Elajus91

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:19:44 PM

France government banned mobile phones in schools.
I think it's a right step for educational system, because you should respect environment where you're, but nowadays schools should become more modern to keep pupils motivated.  
McPhillipX

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:20:32 PM

Well cryptocurrencies play a large role on personal finances, so this does carry a good snowball effect on students' performance.
mininghubby

Activity: 140
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:20:52 PM
Merited by btcminer6212 (2), cryptojaani (1), Etherlevis128 (1)

I think it depends on each and every student on how they can handle the situation since it is different for each person on how they do bitcoin. Some really goes into it and forget all the responsibility and some are just good in time management.

I agree with you.Its very nice to hear hat in a very young age they already know how to help there families.But their is always disanvantage sad but its true.Maybe we can teach them how to manage time for bitcoin and school.But they must choose to fucus school first before bitcoin.Maybe they can work there bitcoin in non school days.
Bitcoin will really affect the students performance in school because you need to exert a lot of effort and time working on bitcoin to earn a decent amount of it. Sometimes, you will sleep late because of working on bitcoin. Since you are already a teacher, my advice for you is to teach them how to manage their time.
PonPonchik

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 08:49:35 PM

Everything depends on responsibility and goals. If this is a student, then the road is open, and you can earn and receive education ... But a schoolboy is another matter! These are children who they can not independently take on this responsibility for themselves, learn and work (even if they do not spend a lot of time). I remember myself at school age, it was very easy for me to distract me from my studies, and now I regret this.
shinchan123

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:18:42 PM

I think the situation is beyond help since you can't really force them to change their priorities. They give importance to bitcoin as much as you do because it's a good way to earn cash. As students, they definitely enjoy even the slightest hint of financial freedom especially if the project campaign is a huge success. It's really up to them to balance their study and bitcoin. The best you can do is to give advice on how to manage their time well.
strasboug

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:20:22 PM

cryptocurrency is a way to make money, so it's normal that students attracted to it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: