Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:39:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Athene vs cryptocurrency. Whoever wins, we lose  (Read 86 times)
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 07:48:20 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 06:41:52 PM by TimtheYoutuber

Full video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHtfIxdeV-k

What do you guys think about Athene? For those that don't know him, he is an ex-poker player, who has really made a career out of trolling youtube gaming videos ( more specifically World of Warcraft )

He had 2 coins that he is shilling for his 700k subs on YouTube to get. Dubi and Purpose, Dubi is actually listed on coinmarketcap but has a trading volume of $1k...

This brings up an important topic.

If you joke about scamming, and post real sender information and say things like " guys it will 50x". Is it still considered a scam? I think it is very obviously a scam but some people seem to disagree.

If we want to make advances in cryptocurrency we need to stop funding stupid projects like this.

Positivebetting
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:58:59 PM

I'm not sure about his new coins, but the first two that he had were so obviously worthless that it's hard for me to call it a scam.

Shady? Sure.

But anybody who sends money to something that calls itself a scam deserves losing every last cent.
The same is true for BCC "investors". The warnings are easy to find. Even if you're not mentally capable of identifying such red flags yourself, a quick Google search will bring up the facts.

If people are too greedy and impulsive to properly research something before throwing money at it, they deserve getting burnt over and over until they learn to use their brain. We developed those things for a reason.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:04:24 PM

After watching his stream clips, the new coin is definitely a scam in every meaning of the word. But still, it's so obvious that anybody who buys into it just had it coming.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 06:12:44 PM

After watching his stream clips, the new coin is definitely a scam in every meaning of the word. But still, it's so obvious that anybody who buys into it just had it coming.

It is insane that people are backing him. If you conspire to kill someone and write down the plan, you go to jail. He asks people to make an investment, gives them the real address to send money too, and says they can 50x his money. I don't think it is a joke, but if it is he is still scamming.

Positivebetting
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:16:39 PM

It is insane that people are backing him. If you conspire to kill someone and write down the plan, you go to jail. He asks people to make an investment, gives them the real address to send money too, and says they can 50x his money. I don't think it is a joke, but if it is he is still scamming.
I'm not backing him. He's a scumbag. But you'd have to be seriously mentally challenged to see an investment in that guy's shitcoins. And I don't believe in bailing people who are too lazy to do proper research out of their own stupidity. They won't learn if they don't reap the negative effects of their own seed.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 06:20:06 PM

I'm not backing him. He's a scumbag. But you'd have to be seriously mentally challenged to see an investment in that guy's shitcoins. And I don't believe in bailing people who are too lazy to do proper research out of their own stupidity. They won't learn if they don't reap the negative effects of their own seed.

No, I understand what you are saying, I am just ranting on about it. I am an advocate for good information regarding cryptocurrency because it will help adopt it. If we have shillers like Athene more people won't want to enter the market, and fewer people will want to continue. People will always fall for scams, that's life. We can stop obnoxious behavior though.

Positivebetting
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:41:23 PM

I'm not really worried about people who would fall for such obvious scams being put off in the short term. They're not really relevant to the growth anyways and will come crawling back once it becomes inevitable anyways. And with decentralized platforms it's just a matter of time until streamers, youtubers and artists start getting the bulk of their "tips" through cryptos. Some will eventually start giving out extra content to those that donate in cryptos instead of using Patreon or similar services. And we all know why that will be the case too.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 07:33:15 PM

I'm not really worried about people who would fall for such obvious scams being put off in the short term. They're not really relevant to the growth anyways and will come crawling back once it becomes inevitable anyways. And with decentralized platforms it's just a matter of time until streamers, youtubers and artists start getting the bulk of their "tips" through cryptos. Some will eventually start giving out extra content to those that donate in cryptos instead of using Patreon or similar services. And we all know why that will be the case too.

Everyone is important to an economy.

Positivebetting
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:26:22 PM

Everyone is important to an economy.
They're being good consumers. Getting paychecks, and spending them. While completely idiotic from an individual point of view, they're doing a service to the overall Economy even if they get scammed. The money stays in circulation and keeps the gears grinding.

But regardless, in this specific case (which is just a tiny drop in the ocean of the global Economy) they don't really matter all that much. Smart money will come flowing in anyways. Stupid money always follows. That's just how things work. Fortunately we live in a world where people can freely choose to which group they belong to.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 05:04:24 PM

They're being good consumers. Getting paychecks, and spending them. While completely idiotic from an individual point of view, they're doing a service to the overall Economy even if they get scammed. The money stays in circulation and keeps the gears grinding.

But regardless, in this specific case (which is just a tiny drop in the ocean of the global Economy) they don't really matter all that much. Smart money will come flowing in anyways. Stupid money always follows. That's just how things work. Fortunately we live in a world where people can freely choose to which group they belong to.

People wont want to work in cryptocurrency if they get scammed and don't bother to learn how it works. I understand that this case isn't a big deal to the economy of cryptocurrency. I am just discussing a topic.

Positivebetting
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:06:45 AM

People wont want to work in cryptocurrency if they get scammed and don't bother to learn how it works. I understand that this case isn't a big deal to the economy of cryptocurrency. I am just discussing a topic.
By that argument anybody who has ever been scammed would stop working by virtue of salaries being paid in a currency that they've beem scammed out of. People would stop using the internet. Stop playing games. Stop getting on flights. Going out.

Whoever allows a bad experience put them off entirely simply isn't cut out for risky ventures, those that learn from their experience will profit massively. Those that ignored the market entirely or chose to exit due to bad experiences will just come back anyways once Bitcoin becomes too big to ignore.
Talentless

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:01:17 PM

Oh hes at all that bullshit again..
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 05:32:31 PM