Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:55:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eco: Co-founder Uber launches new electronic currency  (Read 188 times)
anhzaibro (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:53:40 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (1), puwaha (1)

Co-founder of media sharing has long disrupted a trucking industry, and now he seems to be shifting his focus to Bitcoin, gold and currency, Garrett Camp, co. Founder of Uber, is building a new electronic currency called Eco - a global decentralization currency - and he is calling for help from leading universities to develop networks. Confirmed node.
introducing
https://eco.com/
https://medium.com/@eco/introducing-eco-a-global-currency-protocol-b99c74f7c0f7
https://twitter.com/eco?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Camp said he chose the name Eco because it symbolizes "ecosystem, economics and e-commerce" (ecosystem, economics and e-commerce). Eco was created to compete directly with the Bitcoins, gold and traditional currencies in games as a means of daily trading. Camp interviewed Fortune magazine:
I think it would be better to publish a new project from another philosophical perspective through collaboration with many universities, academics and academia - like the internet.

Eco vs. Bitcoin

In the https://www.eco.com/eco-design-proposal-v1.pdf, Eco called Bitcoin a "speculative tool" rather than a "value intermediary" - something that the new electronic currency is trying to achieve. There are three main aspects that Eco considers to be a problem for Bitcoin:

1. Too much focus on the hands of a minority of investors.

2. The process of mining consumes a lot of energy.

3. Being widely perceived as a fraudulent tool.

Eco plans to neutralize these inadequacies through:

Establish a validation network in which universities will be the place to run the node (instead of the volunteer diggers joining the Bitcoin network).

• Increase in total money supply.

• Create a simple web and phone interface.

Eco Foundation, a nonprofit organization, will also be formed with the mission of designing Eco as "a global currency that is easier to use, safer and faster than paper money." There are a number of other features that separate Eco from Bitcoin, with the development team giving away 50% of the money to the earliest participants.

Similar to Bitcoin, the amount of Eco created will also be limited to a certain number. But unlike Bitcoin's total supply of 21 million, Eco will release up to 1 trillion units to help "billions of people possess the Eco Token," the news said in the whitepaper. Meanwhile, on the official website of the project, developers also hailed this as "a digital money for everyone" and provided a waiting list to receive free money.

Eco is building its transaction confirmation network from the world's leading universities, which is expected to "help create a more decentralized and co-operative financial infrastructure." in a way that saves more energy.

Eco does not intend to carry out an ICO to fund the project, which is also a good thing as governments around the world are increasingly tightening their management over the sector. is the SEC agency of the United States.

Garrett Camp told Fortune that the network's testnet could be up and running in the next few months.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:40:24 PM

really great news for crypto world.crypto is in early stage blv me.more will come soon.

lavida

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:27:01 PM

https://bitcoin-news.vn/wp-content/uploads/images/wppipes/2018-03/5a996ae56f.png
Co-founder of media sharing has long disrupted a trucking industry, and now he seems to be shifting his focus to Bitcoin, gold and currency, Garrett Camp, co. Founder of Uber, is building a new electronic currency called Eco - a global decentralization currency - and he is calling for help from leading universities to develop networks. Confirmed node.
introducing
https://eco.com/
https://medium.com/@eco/introducing-eco-a-global-currency-protocol-b99c74f7c0f7
https://twitter.com/eco?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Camp said he chose the name Eco because it symbolizes "ecosystem, economics and e-commerce" (ecosystem, economics and e-commerce). Eco was created to compete directly with the Bitcoins, gold and traditional currencies in games as a means of daily trading. Camp interviewed Fortune magazine:
I think it would be better to publish a new project from another philosophical perspective through collaboration with many universities, academics and academia - like the internet.

Eco vs. Bitcoin

In the https://www.eco.com/eco-design-proposal-v1.pdf, Eco called Bitcoin a "speculative tool" rather than a "value intermediary" - something that the new electronic currency is trying to achieve. There are three main aspects that Eco considers to be a problem for Bitcoin:

1. Too much focus on the hands of a minority of investors.

2. The process of mining consumes a lot of energy.

3. Being widely perceived as a fraudulent tool.

Eco plans to neutralize these inadequacies through:

Establish a validation network in which universities will be the place to run the node (instead of the volunteer diggers joining the Bitcoin network).

• Increase in total money supply.

• Create a simple web and phone interface.

Eco Foundation, a nonprofit organization, will also be formed with the mission of designing Eco as "a global currency that is easier to use, safer and faster than paper money." There are a number of other features that separate Eco from Bitcoin, with the development team giving away 50% of the money to the earliest participants.

Similar to Bitcoin, the amount of Eco created will also be limited to a certain number. But unlike Bitcoin's total supply of 21 million, Eco will release up to 1 trillion units to help "billions of people possess the Eco Token," the news said in the whitepaper. Meanwhile, on the official website of the project, developers also hailed this as "a digital money for everyone" and provided a waiting list to receive free money.

Eco is building its transaction confirmation network from the world's leading universities, which is expected to "help create a more decentralized and co-operative financial infrastructure." in a way that saves more energy.

Eco does not intend to carry out an ICO to fund the project, which is also a good thing as governments around the world are increasingly tightening their management over the sector. is the SEC agency of the United States.

Garrett Camp told Fortune that the network's testnet could be up and running in the next few months.

Founder of Uber is a billionaire with a social mind and the poor bring justice to the poor. I hope this coin can fly far and be joined by the support of other billionaires to make the society better.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:06:39 PM

I understand that they are not planning to conduct any ICO for the project ,how are they planning to distribute the coins,will they be providing air drops or you just purchase the token after hitting the exchanges,if uber wants to come out with a token and does not intend to use other digital currency,then it is their call,with the arrival of their coin we will be able to use bitcoin to purchase those tokens anyway.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 09:36:52 PM

I understand that they are not planning to conduct any ICO for the project ,how are they planning to distribute the coins,will they be providing air drops or you just purchase the token after hitting the exchanges,if uber wants to come out with a token and does not intend to use other digital currency,then it is their call,with the arrival of their coin we will be able to use bitcoin to purchase those tokens anyway.

I've just skim read the white paper, and it looks as if half of the coins are being given away around the world. It's being split into a number of sections, but some of it is being given to early adopters who register with them. I think I'll sign up and see if they ask me for any money. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:56:08 PM

I am really glad to hear this news that big giants like uber are supporting and launching their own utility token. The era of utility token has started with this. I hope to see other Big companies to support and develop their own tokens soon in 2018.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: