Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:40:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeHill - Now accepting EUR deposits - EUR market is live!  (Read 9983 times)
Jered Kenna (TradeHill) (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 04:12:22 PM

TradeHill is now accepting Euro deposits and withdrawals!

We will not be charging a fee for SEPA transfers. Incoming and outgoing transfers within the SEPA zone are both free.

Tell your friends in Europe and let the Bitcoin trading begin!

Follow this link for instructions and bank details:
https://www.tradehill.com/DepositOverview/EUR

Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:13:28 PM

We are proud to announce that TradeHill is now accepting Euro deposits and withdrawals!

We will not be charging a fee for SEPA transfers. Incoming and outgoing transfers within the SEPA zone are both free.

Jered

Nicely done, guys... let's see if this gets things moving a bit.
Seraphim401

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:44:48 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2011, 05:13:10 PM by Seraphim401

TradeHill is now accepting Euro deposits and withdrawals!

Jered
Awesome!Mt.Gox truly has a competitor now.
Now I don't have to care about their excuses.https://mtgox.zendesk.com/entries/20287558-euro-transfers-temporarily-frozen

kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 05:06:46 PM

Niiiice!

Bye MtGox!

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 05:39:54 PM

If you get in early, you can enjoy the cross currency arb opportunities. It won't be long before the prices converge.

Thanks,
Adam 

moneyandtech.com
myhoho
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 06:15:06 PM

And MtGOX SEPA transfers are frozen now... Do those events has something to do with one another and how could you prevent the same situation that MtGOX have?

██████▄  ▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄         
██████████████████████████▄▄     
█████████████████████████████▄   
▄███████████████████████████████ 
▄▄███▄     ▄██████████  ████████▀▀▀██████████
▄██████   ████████████  ████████   ███████████
▄████████▀   █████████    ██    ████████▀▀▀███████
▀████▄  ▄   ████████████  ████████████   ███████
▀████▀     ▀██████████  █████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████ 
█████████████████████████████▀   
██████████████████████████▀▀     
██████▀  ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀         
ROCKET

▄▄    ▄▄

▄▄    ▄▄

ENTHRALLING GRAPHICS
● NEW TYPE OF GAMES
100% REFERRAL BONUS
((       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████ ██ █████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀███████▄
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████▀▀██
█████████   ████    ███▄▄██
▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀  █▀
 ▀█████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄███▀  █▀
  ▀████████ ██ ████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███▄
▄████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄████▄
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███▀▀██
██████▄            ████▄▄██
▀██████▄▄        ▄████▀  █▀
 ▀████▄       ▄██████▀  █▀
  ▀████████████████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████████▀     ████████▄
▄██████████   ████████████▄
█████████        ██████████
█████████▄▄   ▄▄███████▀▀██
███████████   █████████▄▄██
▀██████████   ████████▀  █▀
 ▀█████████   ███████▀  █▀
  ▀████████▄▄▄█████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
))
MikesMechanix

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 06:49:26 PM

Well done!

Just signed up. Smiley

Please send your extra Bitcoins to 17miTorGDBUh3yNTYJtodJPw9wzrcNcf6y. Thank you!

Sign up on TradeHill Instant Bitcoin Exchange using this link to get a lifetime 10 % discount on trades!
RandyMarsh

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 07:06:00 PM

FANTASTIC.

Now ready to move more of my business over to Tradehill, Euro trading here i come!!! Grin

Stan?! STAN?!?!

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 07:10:21 PM

And MtGOX SEPA transfers are frozen now... Do those events has something to do with one another and how could you prevent the same situation that MtGOX have?

I don't know the exact reason that Mt Gox's SEPAs are frozen at the moment. We've been working on this for a while and it is pure coincidence.
We do have multiple account redundancy to prevent something like that happening to us in the future.

Regards,
Jered

moneyandtech.com
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 07:10:49 PM

I have 2 questions:
- What are boxes E, F and G for?
- I am trying to make an online transfer, but my bank doesn't allow me to include dots ('.') in the notes so I can't type my email there... Is there an alternative way of doing this?

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 07:18:42 PM

I have 2 questions:
- I am trying to make an online transfer, but my bank doesn't allow me to include dots ('.') in the notes so I can't type my email there... Is there an alternative way of doing this?

You don't need  . or @ out, it's just to connect it to your account.

Boxes E F G are for other forms. We used a generic form to build the site and will be releasing a new UI soon that will be a lot more user friendly.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
Seraphim401

Activity: 215

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 07:26:59 PM

I have 2 questions:

Boxes E F G are for other forms. We used a generic form to build the site and will be releasing a new UI soon that will be a lot more user friendly.

Jered
Will the new UI require me to enter the BTC-amount I will be depositing?Don't see the point of specifying the deposit amount.

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 07:31:01 PM

I have 2 questions:

Jered
Will the new UI require me to enter the BTC-amount I will be depositing?Don't see the point of specifying the deposit amount.

This is more of an internal issue than it has to do with the UI. We're looking at other options like a static address that you can always send to etc.
We would like to make a few changes to the system and announce that. If they are implemented first the UI will reflect it, if the UI is released first it will still require you to input your deposit.
The timeline isn't set in stone because we're outsourcing the UI and developing the other parts in house. I can't give you a solid ETA for the same reason unfortunately.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 07:33:02 PM

Excellent Development.
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 08:44:52 PM

It looks like EUR and USD are completely separate systems, so that if I deposit EUR I can't buy in the USD market, and if I sell in USD I can't withdraw to SEPA. Is that correct? If so it severely limits the usefulness.
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 09:13:02 PM

It looks like EUR and USD are completely separate systems, so that if I deposit EUR I can't buy in the USD market, and if I sell in USD I can't withdraw to SEPA. Is that correct? If so it severely limits the usefulness.

Yes, I believe you are right. It's good to have an EUR market, but on the other hand we loose liquidity...

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 09:18:58 PM

Yes, I believe you are right. It's good to have an EUR market, but on the other hand we loose liquidity...

We're talking about this right now. We really want to see an active EUR market but would like to provide a choice of USD / EUR and possibly others with your SEPA transfer.
Ideally you should be able to trade both equally. We will announce something very soon. It shouldn't be too complicated.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 10:13:39 PM

You can however just buy Bitcoins in USD and sell them in EUR... I guess the problem is here, that trading Bitcoins is not a currency exchange - if
Tradehill offers to directly exchange EUR to USD however, they might need different licenses etc.

Great to hear about the EUR market though, another currency to add to my referral income (and finally a useful one!)... Looking forward to it!

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 05:57:06 AM

You can however just buy Bitcoins in USD and sell them in EUR ... I guess the problem is here, that trading Bitcoins is not a currency exchange - if
Tradehill offers to directly exchange EUR to USD however, they might need different licenses etc.

Great to hear about the EUR market though, another currency to add to my referral income (and finally a useful one!)... Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the comments!

Yes, we are looking into the implications of allowing a direct conversion. Until then, you could buy in USD and sell in EUR.

Regards,
Adam

moneyandtech.com
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 06:00:20 AM

I think a native EUR market (and other currencies) is a very good idea. I hope it becomes succesful enough for people to stop thinking bitcoins are denominated in $$$ Smiley

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: