Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:51:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Received an email Bittrex, Inc. Terms of Service  (Read 282 times)
CJNRAM17

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:44:28 AM

Bro, In bittrex I'm using only Basic Verification. Is this still working after April 9, 2018. Im from asian country,  Thanks.

I like Bittrex, coz their Market Apps trading is very light, low cpu and memory usage

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:12:57 AM

Well, here you go:
Bittrex will have no liability or responsibility for any permanent or temporary inability to access or use any Services, including your inability to withdraw Tokens or execute Trades, as a result of any identity verification or other screening procedures.
So, I think I would try to verify myself further than the basic verification or withdraw everything.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:50:42 AM

Its a general way of implementing KYC to know the customer details using their service.As we all know that Bittrex is an US based exchange and they would have to follow the US laws to continue their business.Otherwise,they would have to face legal actions from the US authorities.

I actually started using Bittrex ad poloniex exchanges before two years.I could remember tose days where i need just an email to start an account in their exchanges.No more questions even if i belong to another country.

But now,time has changed and we have no other option than to follow their rules.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
rarg

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 12:02:47 PM

I am also got the same email from Bittrex yesterday. But don't know about the point. So, it's only all about KYC things right?
Fortunately, my verification has been approved by Bittrex team.
A little bit dilemma, because now bittrex knew my details information.

naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:34:44 AM

Bittrex is ​​the most problematic crypto exchange. It  had previously required verification of the identity,
otherwise it would be impossible to withdraw your money.

I understood that bittrex asked for the verification of your identity if you made withdrawals greater than 10 bitcoin, if I am not mistaken.
Yeah, you are mistaken. Bittrex will definitely ask you to do verification even without withdrawing. It is their policy and since they are based in the US, they have to follow the rules. Normally there are some certain limits of verification anyway, but to be able to get as much as that, it is definite for you to do an enhance verification.

I see no problem in all of these, and I do not know why people take it as one, why pick on an exchange when all they require is just simple and if it cannot be followed, there are other ones. I have never had an issue with bittrex and I am sure I ever will.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:00:03 AM

Bittrex is the most problematic crypto exchange. It  had previously required verification of the identity,

I understood that bittrex asked for the verification of your identity if you made withdrawals greater than 10 bitcoin, if I am not mistaken.

Not really because mine was also first not verified but after few small withdrawals they stopped withdrawals even less than 0.1 BTC and asked me to verify my account. It had happened very long back and my verification was successful instantly. After that, I don't have any issues to trade on this exchange.

1st i was not aware of this KYC process I just registered and deposited 0.03 BTC and bought 50+ waves approximately $130 worth. and i tried to withdraw my waves but they are not allowed me until I submit documents. once I submit documents they asked to wait 30 days to verify my account but i raised this issue in there slack within 1 day my account was verified. now I don't have any issue.
ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:58:19 AM

Well, good for you then, not everyone is so lucky. For the KYC and other verification stuff, it helps if you have an online presence like a website and such in your name.
Bittrex is the most problematic crypto exchange. It  had previously required verification of the identity,

Not really because mine was also first not verified but after few small withdrawals they stopped withdrawals even less than 0.1 BTC and asked me to verify my account. It had happened very long back and my verification was successful instantly. After that, I don't have any issues to trade on this exchange.

1st i was not aware of this KYC process I just registered and deposited 0.03 BTC and bought 50+ waves approximately $130 worth. and i tried to withdraw my waves but they are not allowed me until I submit documents. once I submit documents they asked to wait 30 days to verify my account but i raised this issue in there slack within 1 day my account was verified. now I don't have any issue.
traderethereum

Activity: 2828
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 08:19:42 AM

maybe I will check my email account soon and I hope that it will be fine for me as I upgrade my member in bittrex and I think bittrex doing this to protect their customer and their business. but if we have more question about this, I think we can ask in the support system and let them explain the situations that already happen so their member doesn't have to be confused.
ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:01:54 AM

I am amazed at this news, the source is at the end:
Bittrex is reportedly leaking users’ passport scans and photographs as KYC emails from customer support contain dire security errors.

As reported from a Russian-language news channel on Telegram, users who go through the exchange’s manual KYC verification but are rejected receive an email from customer support.

Along with the private documents the user supplies, the rejection email also contains those of several other rejected users, Kriptach states.

This means, in a grimly ironic blunder, passport details and photographs are being freely shared on the Internet.

“Right now I can see the passport of (someone called) Nurbek and a few others, as well as their selfies,” the channel reports.

“It’s just f*cking terrible.”

If the scan provided by Kriptach is authentic, the practice could have huge ramifications for Bittrex, which is yet to comment on the allegations or substantiate any evidence.

In what appears to be a separate issue, the exchange has been silent on social media since Nov. 30, leading to anger from traders on social media.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bittrex-leaks-user-passports-in-support-emails-says-russian-telegram-channel
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:03:46 AM

Bittrex has a lot of coins and trading pairs. I use this exchange constantly.
But, unfortunately, from time to time with Bittrex I have various problems.
And this is despite the fact that I have passed bittrex KYC
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 10:37:57 AM

Bittrex has a lot of coins and trading pairs. I use this exchange constantly.
But, unfortunately, from time to time with Bittrex I have various problems.
And this is despite the fact that I have passed bittrex KYC
You could not tell more about the problems on this exchange. The fact is that it is better to learn from someone than to feel on yourself. In extreme cases I want to Be prepared for the difficulties that this exchanger can provide.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:31:27 AM

I heard something about this the other day, somebody was claiming that you would need Bittrex tokens in order to continue trading on the website. As far as I can tell, there isn't such a clause but could somebody confirm or deny this? I don't want to get booted for a silly addition of terms.
There is nothing like that and wherever you heard that from, the person obviously must have dreamt about it. No exchange can force you to hold their trading just because you want to trade, and moreover, it has nothing to do with withdrawal even if that happens at all which does not sound reasonable. Worst case scenario, you move out of the exchange but all that I believe is someone who is just looking for recognition while displaying their high level of ignorance.
ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:11:48 AM

Yeah, they cannot force you, but some exchanges you get a discount if you use their tokens to pay for your trading. That, I can understand.
I heard something about this the other day, somebody was claiming that you would need Bittrex tokens in order to continue trading on the website. As far as I can tell, there isn't such a clause but could somebody confirm or deny this? I don't want to get booted for a silly addition of terms.
There is nothing like that and wherever you heard that from, the person obviously must have dreamt about it. No exchange can force you to hold their trading just because you want to trade, and moreover, it has nothing to do with withdrawal even if that happens at all which does not sound reasonable. Worst case scenario, you move out of the exchange but all that I believe is someone who is just looking for recognition while displaying their high level of ignorance.
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:55:48 AM

Bittrex is ​​the most problematic crypto exchange. It  had previously required verification of the identity,
Just because they required verification, you decided to call them a problematic exchange? Grin I know it is crazy though, knowing that policies can just be changed, unfortunately, most of usually do not read terms and conditions and we always end up in these stuffs. However, this is not only limited to bittrex, that is a clause you will likely find in other exchanges, but we all just have to live with it.
ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:31:18 PM

Well, just use binance or Kucoin, they do not need verification, at least for now.
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:34:37 PM

Actually, I think that tightening the conditions for raising the level of security is quite acceptable. And there is nothing wrong with bittrex. You can name a lot of other exchangers and stock exchanges which have equal signs or fraud, or inaction.
ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:09:32 PM

I am fine with security. But requiring very tight KYC and such is simply against the nature of crypto. Let me say this again: CRYPTO
yayat

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:28:24 AM

Maybe all of that is for the good of your future at Bittrex.
If I receive an email like that I will read and then skip close.

We take only positive for all of that.
traderethereum

Activity: 2828
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 08:57:39 AM

I think I don't receive any email like you and so far, I don't have any problem with bittrex. and I think you can leave the email in your archive and don't think too serious if your account is fine. and if you have a problem, maybe you can contact bittrex customer service and ask about that email, what is the purpose for sending the email to you.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: