Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:56:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MERIT unfair?  (Read 745 times)
as9ardia

Activity: 541
Merit: 137

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 11:11:41 AM

"...we are centralizing power to those on top..." agree with this. but i think merit system created to minimalized fraud/cheat/spam. however as long i can learn from this forum, it's big rewards for me, bigger than "rank" and "merit".  Wink

///Back from hiatus////
Say F to Virus!!!
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThirdPerson

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:08:13 PM

a1. Unfair to the newbie that came to this forum for knowledge and possible earn. Those guys who have been earlier were not required to have this  
Knowledge is free. Everyone who wanted a knowledge doesn't mean he/she needs to rank up.
papajahat

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:56:16 PM

a1. Unfair to the newbie that came to this forum for knowledge and possible earn. Those guys who have been earlier were not required to have this   
Knowledge is free. Everyone who wanted a knowledge doesn't mean he/she needs to rank up.
yeah.. indeed knowledge not equal to some rank.. as long you can learn, rank is just side effect
fraufreiheit

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:41:15 PM

yeah.. indeed knowledge not equal to some rank.. as long you can learn, rank is just side effect

But if can not only learn, but TEACH your rank will increase accordingly. I mean that to be able to share your knowleges with the community you first need to get these knowledges.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Rainbowwww

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:56:08 PM

I think the major unfairness of merit is that newbies cannot give it... Basically it's useless to help newbies with quality posts, unless some high rank member notices you and give you a reward for having helped a newb (i think this is pretty uncommon).
I agree with giving merit to who make quality posts, but i think the "assignment" system should be improved.

Such as i understand correctly, you will be able to recieve a s-merit, if you write the usefull post, which worthy this award. For instance, you have recieved 1 merit and 0.5 s-merit, which you can to send to anouther person.
As for me, this is a good idea to improve the content of the forum and to incentive members of BTT to write realy good posts.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 05:02:14 PM

Sorry I just feel that the merit system is unjust. Bitcoin is the foundation of our forum. Being decentralized is one of the best features of bitcoin. Adding Merit feels like we are centralizing power to those who are on top!!..
 Embarrassed Embarrassed

Hi Viellefox, there's no need to apologize to us! Your opinions are yours, they can't be wrong.

What's your interest/need to rank up? I think the answer to this question well tell of us a lot.

And the easiest way to deal with this is, if you feel the merit system is unjust then you shouldn't participate on this forum. There are others, they don't have a merit system, it sounds like going to another forum will help you turn that frown upside down.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2432

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 08:31:55 PM

Hi Viellefox, there's no need to apologize to us! Your opinions are yours, they can't be wrong.

What's your interest/need to rank up? I think the answer to this question well tell of us a lot.

And the easiest way to deal with this is, if you feel the merit system is unjust then you shouldn't participate on this forum. There are others, they don't have a merit system, it sounds like going to another forum will help you turn that frown upside down.

That's a very diplomatic reply. I think I can learn from that, and it sounds much better than a simple " F*** off ". The constant complaints about the merit system are starting to build an intolerance in some of us, and I'm not sure that it is healthy.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
MJK_Anfaenger

Activity: 196
Merit: 46

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 09:40:46 PM

There's still so much post chasing going on in so many threads, you can barely have a proper discussion cause a horde of two-day old accounts are spamming nonsense everywhere. I'm perfectly fine with the system, hopefully it makes account-farming a little harder.
pepethecool

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 01:16:29 AM

How do I give merit to someone that I think it did a good job here?
tukagero

Activity: 994
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:23:46 AM

How do I give merit to someone that I think it did a good job here?
you will see the "merit"  word on the upper right side of every post ,click it and decide how many merit you will give on that person if you know that it did a good job in here.

Mainman08

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:03:39 AM

Merit is good. We must improved the way how we post so that we can earn some merit. There are so many poster here in this forum that i can't even understand what they are saying. Me too i can't speak english very well. But because of this merit system i am trying to make all my post more understandable and have substance.

Dirk2017

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

“Crypto Depository Receipts”

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:37:25 AM

Hi Guys,

This is to share my thoughts on this matter.
1. Merit is to promote quality post.
    a. I agree. Post is reviewed for it to be counted as an Activity? why add an additional Merit?
          a1. Unfair to the newbie that came to this forum for knowledge and possible earn. Those guys who have been earlier were not required to have this to ranked up.
 2. How will you that merits are given only to those with quality post?
     a. How will you know that merit are given only to those that deserve it. What if they give it for some other purpose like selling them, or they give it to people they know who doesn't deserve it.
3. How will you compel to who have merit to give to give it out?

Sorry I just feel that the merit system is unjust. Bitcoin is the foundation of our forum. Being decentralized is one of the best features of bitcoin. Adding Merit feels like we are centralizing power to those who are on top!!..
 Embarrassed Embarrassed

I know this is a little bit hard for us because of the timing of implementation in which it did not favor us beginners but i understand that for me they did just to control the growing family of the forum in which most of the beginners are now spamming the thread. I just wish that the minimum merit to be given to the beginners who made quality post is 5 to even the situation so that we could rank up easily.

Koomsd

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:39:49 AM

yes we doing good helpfully post but guys not given any merits to me its very sad
East2011

Activity: 454

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:40:08 AM

Merit system is unfair because some high rank member of this forum. Make other account then they give merits to their other account. And here in our place there are member that are selling merits.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:26:02 AM

Hi Guys,

This is to share my thoughts on this matter.
1. Merit is to promote quality post.
    a. I agree. Post is reviewed for it to be counted as an Activity? why add an additional Merit?
          a1. Unfair to the newbie that came to this forum for knowledge and possible earn. Those guys who have been earlier were not required to have this to ranked up.
 2. How will you that merits are given only to those with quality post?
     a. How will you know that merit are given only to those that deserve it. What if they give it for some other purpose like selling them, or they give it to people they know who doesn't deserve it.
3. How will you compel to who have merit to give to give it out?

Embarrassed Embarrassed

You might think that merit system is unfair but try to live with it because no matter what you do, it can't be undone. You are not the only one who think that this merit system is unfair.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 11:28:54 AM

Merit system is unfair because some high rank member of this forum. Make other account then they give merits to their other account. And here in our place there are member that are selling merits.

If anyone is selling merit, or exchanging merit for goods or favours, then you should report them.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
inooll00

Activity: 165
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:51:15 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2018, 06:43:55 PM by inooll00

Unfair to the newbie that came to this forum for knowledge and possible earn.

This is out of the initial goal of coming to the forum. I think there is not a connection between seeking knowledge with rank. It's not that hard, there's no rank restriction to read posts. there is no ranking restriction to ask questions that are not understood. So what's complicating you?
gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:34:52 PM

life has never been fair if they can gain merit easier than you even if you're more helpful than then it just shows they are better writers,
 if your complaining because of bounties then imagine this if there is no merit system, more accounts will be created. It will be harder for us to compete with more accounts thus this merit system will make it harder for spammers to create more accounts, and much easier for the user to find a helpful post

STOP eating Oreo save the orangutans
https://www.orangutan.org.au/about-orangutans/orangutan-threats/
vallentvi4

Activity: 59
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:49:27 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1), inooll00 (1)

Oh man, change your way of thinking. Merit is not to be hunted. your current rankings do not limit you to contribute to forums. You will feel trapped forever in your own thoughts and not your rank.
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 07:15:54 PM

Oh man, change your way of thinking. Merit is not to be hunted. your current rankings do not limit you to contribute to forums. You will feel trapped forever in your own thoughts and not your rank.

Was it unfair that I gave you a merit for speaking the truth? Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: