Bitcoin Forum
September 30, 2024, 09:55:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweep private key from other soft and the forks  (Read 118 times)
artur2000 (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:23:29 AM

Hi all,

I am done with on other bitcoin client (armory) after months of no success accessing funds from long ago.
I know the funds are there because I was able to see the balance already, even managed to move a small test amount out of it.
But since then I am not able to repeat that and to get this thing going again.
It syncs and organizes stuff for days or weeks and then is unable to make an outgoing transaction.
At the end all I hear is, that my PC isn't good enough.
It is an old one but still not an ancient one. DELL precision T3500 workstation grade PC with 16GB RAM running windows 10 professional smoothly and fast.

This was my very first BTC experience back then using this armory client.

Now my patience is over and I look for an alternative way to accomplish the following:

1) Move all the funds to another wallet like electrum using the private key. It is just one single address.
2) Spend the BTC from electrum to my trezor
3) Access all forks which are worth it like BCH etc. in electrum after I spent the BTC on it.

Is it possible? If yes please point me to some trusted tutorials on how to do it.

thx
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6077

Crypto Swap Exchange🈺

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 10:32:02 AM

Hi all,

I am done with on other bitcoin client (armory) after months of no success accessing funds from long ago.
I know the funds are there because I was able to see the balance already, even managed to move a small test amount out of it.
But since then I am not able to repeat that and to get this thing going again.
It syncs and organizes stuff for days or weeks and then is unable to make an outgoing transaction.
At the end all I hear is, that my PC isn't good enough.
It is an old one but still not an ancient one. DELL precision T3500 workstation grade PC with 16GB RAM running windows 10 professional smoothly and fast.

This was my very first BTC experience back then using this armory client.

Now my patience is over and I look for an alternative way to accomplish the following:

1) Move all the funds to another wallet like electrum using the private key. It is just one single address.
2) Spend the BTC from electrum to my trezor
3) Access all forks which are worth it like BCH etc. in electrum after I spent the BTC on it.

Is it possible? If yes please point me to some trusted tutorials on how to do it.

thx

If you have private key from Armory then there is no problem and the thing is pretty simple.You need to download latest version of Electrum and import your private key-since you want to send BTC after that to Trezor sweep option have no sense(in that case you will pay fee 2 times).

To import private key just follow instruction in process of wallet instalation-choose option "Import Bitcoin addresses or private key" and then paste your private key in next window.After short sync process you should be able to see your balance.Then it is easy to send BTC to your Trezor hardware wallet.

After you send BTC to Trezor you can use your old private key from Armory to claim BitcoinCash,just download ElectronCash and import your private key/same thing like Electrum.

For BitcoinGold there is only one desktop client 100% secure,but you need to download complete blockchain.There is some others ways too,to import that private key in some online wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1579

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:55:31 PM

There is no need to import the coins in a separate electrum wallet. Just install electrum and pair it with your trezor. Then sweep the private key.

Note that you likely have many private keys in your armory wallet. It will no doubt have sent change to various change addresses. So you need to export them all from armory and then sweep them all using electrum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: