Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:54:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Having Problems Importing Private Key into Electrum  (Read 167 times)
JiLm (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:51:07 PM

I have tried for hours to import my private keys into Electrum. I had the Zclassic wallet and it stopped working with the Dameon issue. Luckily I had backed up the dat file, and I saved my private keys and saved it as a file. I went through the steps here; https://www.reddit.com/r/ZClassic/comments/7vk41c/upvote_to_the_top_solution_for_zclassic_eleos/

But it really just gave me all t1 keys and no public keys, so not sure why I had to go through that exercise in futulity.

Back to Electrum, I am able to only import my t1 public keys to a look only wallet, and no matter what I do, add on creation, or on a sweep, I can't get the wallet to accept either zc private key. I can't seem to find any trace of seed words, so all I have is the private_key.txt

Can anyone please help me import my private keys into Electrum? Thank you in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3890

Visit: r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 06:40:40 PM

So currently all the private keys you have start with t1? Do you have any other info like rootkey or seed or anything else?

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
JiLm (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:09:46 PM

So currently all the private keys you have start with t1? Do you have any other info like rootkey or seed or anything else?

Thank you so much for helping me! I have 4x t1 public keys and 2x cz private keys, one is use and one is created by accident. My look only wallet is working and has my coins and I did add my cz keys but I don't see them and I am trying to send a small amount to it, or is that possible? I just want to get my forked coins and I can't believe the Zclassic wallet I set up in Jan before i went out of country is not working because of that Dameon issue. will i gety my coins this way and can I send them somewhere or Huh

Update: I did just send 0.4 ZCL coins to the wallet from coinexchange.io and its sitting there now in my look only wallet. But i can't send anything out...
JiLm (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:27:06 PM

Can you not help me? No wallets will import my old Elos Private keys, only my transparent keys. How do i get my coins?
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 11:41:11 PM

Can you not help me? No wallets will import my old Elos Private keys, only my transparent keys. How do i get my coins?
Electrum wallet is not for zcash its for bitcoin only..
If you wanted to import your zcash t1 addresses you should use the official wallet for zcash.
For me i use the coinomi for android mobile you can import your private key there..

Beware of any fake electrum wallet there are lots of fake electrum wallet these days for bitcoin including the other coins. I hope that you didn't import your private key from a fake wallet because anytime soon your zcash can transfer by the hacker to their own wallet..

Just adding this official thread for zcash and hope you can get more answer about your zcash wallet,.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
JiLm (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:24:09 AM

Electrum wallet is not for zcash its for bitcoin only..
If you wanted to import your zcash t1 addresses you should use the official wallet for zcash.
For me i use the coinomi for android mobile you can import your private key there..

Beware of any fake electrum wallet there are lots of fake electrum wallet these days for bitcoin including the other coins. I hope that you didn't import your private key from a fake wallet because anytime soon your zcash can transfer by the hacker to their own wallet..

Just adding this official thread for zcash and hope you can get more answer about your zcash wallet,.
Hi, i figured it out, i was trying to use the zcash wallet private keys, which would never work, when the key I needed was in the file with all the keys created with the walletaid or whatever it was. Its in an electrum ZCL wallet and i put in a password to be extra careful. Thanks for the advice,
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: