Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:51:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the most important part of an ICO?  (Read 410 times)
ksiazek7

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:14:57 AM

The team is the least of what I'm looking at.  I give it a glance to make sure everyone has some experience in their related job.  You simply can't know the team well enough to judge the ICO based on them.  How many of them are going thru a divorce?  Lost a parent?  Have crippling depression? Those kind of problems don't show up on linkedin and can sink a project just as easily and completely as anything else.  

I personally look at the idea and how it will have a impact if they can achieve what they claim it capable of.  Then I look at token economics, is it tied to the idea in a way that the token's I'm investing in will be worth something and will go up in value with the product.  Then if they have a finished product, alpha, or beta.  Finally I look at the total token sale to see where it lands with a hypothetical all sold tokens starting market cap then try to figure out where it can go towards from there either on similar projects or simple speculation on my part.

A T O M Z  ǁ  Cryptocurrency Investing Done Easy
▔▔▔▔▔▔  ❨❨   Token Sale Starts Soon   ❩❩  ▔▔▔▔▔▔
Baronggot

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:37:43 AM

For me, the team is the core component of ICO because the team is responsible for the project concept or idea, delivery, management, support, and implementation of the project. Basically, without them, there will be no ICO.

Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:53:54 AM

You can confirm that project is not a scam if closed groups of investors gave them money in closed pre-sale round. Guys like ICo Drops check teams very carefull, sometime even with live sessions and participation of such groups usually mean that project is legit.
Haunebu

Activity: 3066
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:01:47 AM

This is a tough one. Personally, I feel that the whitepaper is the most crucial aspect of any ICO even more than other factors like team etc. Why? The whitepaper outlines how serious the team is about their project. I usually check the whitepaper and examine it thoroughly(Objectives of ICO, Features of the coin, Roadmap etc) before deciding whether or not to invest into a particular ICO. I check the team members, website etc also, but give maximum importance to the whitepaper which is why I recommend everyone check the whitepaper before investing into any ICO.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:40:30 AM

The most important thing is that they already have a working product, not just some theoretical business model. The actual idea is of the same importance as it is the main reason/selling point of the problem. If it turns out that the idea is too ambitious, it might be a sign of a red flag.
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:50:12 AM

This is a tough one. Personally, I feel that the whitepaper is the most crucial aspect of any ICO even more than other factors like team etc. Why? The whitepaper outlines how serious the team is about their project. I usually check the whitepaper and examine it thoroughly(Objectives of ICO, Features of the coin, Roadmap etc) before deciding whether or not to invest into a particular ICO. I check the team members, website etc also, but give maximum importance to the whitepaper which is why I recommend everyone check the whitepaper before investing into any ICO.

I agree with you, the dev team or its experience and knowledge on this project can be seen on the whitepaper, so the most important part is the whitepaper, thought there are some ico project succeeded with a simple whitepaper, also, I think the promotion is in the second place.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:55:44 AM

Several things ate important which appeal to individual pockets differently. For me, the key thing is the team behind the project. There are people who still value their name more than some coins they could have in their wallets. The moment the team the project is parading and have been vetted to exist through various due diligence means by myself and other people interested in the project, I am comfortable that to a large extent it can be associated with. A good team for a start won't bring out a non-workable project.
Topher65g

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:19:02 AM

Obvious dedication to the project and quality site as well as white paper. If your English is decent you can spot a scammy one upon a second or third look at their white paper and their overall plan.
sunX3

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 09:21:27 AM

For me, it has to have some real-world useful application in an area I'm interested in. That's how you'd get me to invest. Of course, obvious things like it not being a scam and so on still apply. Grin
katixrecamara

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:33:50 AM

For me I chose the developers. I believe they are the most important part of ICO, they keep campaign going. However, I dare say every part of the whole is important.
Going back to devs, if their idea suck and have been presented time and time again then it is bound to fail.  On the other hand, if developers are exceptional but are not able to follow road maps, then community will lose faith in it and the same goes-it will fail. Needless to say developers are very critical in every project, it is a variable to consider for ICO to be successful. But of course other factors need to be considered also.
liangweicha

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:36:45 AM

I think the white paper and the technical route is a the most important part of the ICO project, because if the project has nothing to do and blockchain, so the project may not succeed, so I think need to first study the white paper before investment ICO.

lunafreya

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:38:48 AM

I think team and main idea of the project are the most important parts of an ico. I generally look these two if I am gonna invest an ico or join their bounty campaigns. Because I should trust their team. And their projects should seem to me reasonable.
adelaisav

Activity: 462
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:16:59 PM

There are a lot of ICOs going around right now and most are considered scams. People around the globe have put out some legit points to check if any ICO is legit or not.
Now the thing is, scammers have equal access to content and have made the necessary arrangements to overlook such mistakes, and also I believe that more than ICOs being scammy, it is just them failing to reach their roadmap. That is like most of the startups failing halfway through.

I think the most important aspect to check is for a dedicated team more than anything else. Obviously, it is hard to judge but more than anything else, it is what drives an ICO to its success.

I am open to opinions and would love to know if anything else is as important.
Discover all around the team, particularly the core/development group and the advisors. Look into each colleague for pertinent experience. Google their names. Visit their LinkedIn profiles. Search for celebrated names among the advisors. See whether the team has any crypto experience and all the more critically – in which activities, or ICOs, they were included with and the effect they had.
orangeferrari3 (OP)

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:02:59 PM

There are various factors that support the success of the ICO. In my opinion, they could be willing to spend money with a large amount just to promote their ICO via social media or other. Not only that, they also know how to get investors interested in their ICO. For example creating simple, high-quality video content that can explain the purpose of their project in it in order to attract investors to join their ICO. So from that, not just a promotion but they know how to make the promotion can attract investors. Thank you.
Right now more than the idea, the marketing seems to pay off.
Higher the promotions and budget put into marketing, greater the yield from investors. Thanks for the time.
orangeferrari3 (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:04:45 PM

Try to get as much information about the team behind the project it self, you cant trus some random person who doesnt even have linkedin page right ? after that try to look at what project they devlop, is that project even make sense to realise
The right team is the key to a successful ICO I guess. Yes. In-depth research into the team is definitely required.
orangeferrari3 (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:06:20 PM

Top 3 I am looking for an ICO are
1. Team
2. Use Case
3. Prototype or Github
Github does not make that much sense to me but the idea and team are something I can check.
orangeferrari3 (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:08:06 PM

There are a lot of ICOs going around right now and most are considered scams. People around the globe have put out some legit points to check if any ICO is legit or not.
Now the thing is, scammers have equal access to content and have made the necessary arrangements to overlook such mistakes, and also I believe that more than ICOs being scammy, it is just them failing to reach their roadmap. That is like most of the startups failing halfway through.

I think the most important aspect to check is for a dedicated team more than anything else. Obviously, it is hard to judge but more than anything else, it is what drives an ICO to its success.

I am open to opinions and would love to know if anything else is as important.
The devs are without a doubt the most important part of a project but at the same time everything is important, if the developers are good but their idea sucks or it has been made a million times then the ico is going to fail, if the developers are good but they are not able to follow the road map then people will lose faith in the project ever being developed, so as you can see while the developers are critical to the success there are simply too many variables to consider if an ico is going to become successful.
Makes sense. Sometimes even when the product is good and the marketing bad, the ICO fails sadly.
orangeferrari3 (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:10:36 PM

I think an experience and solid project team is the most important factor for a successful ICO and project product in long term.
Definitely. They can drive the project towards success even when given an average idea.
orangeferrari3 (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:13:16 PM

But the whitepapers can be written by third-party services these days.
befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:17:07 PM

But the whitepapers can be written by third-party services these days.
yes i totally agree with your views. The whitepaper shows us the seriousness of the work of the staff. We can evaluate a good project through the detailed information needed to fill in the whitepaper. If they force you to fill out a lot of information and need practical elements then I think it will be a very good and very good ICO project.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: