Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:07:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as national currency?  (Read 962 times)
bahula33

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:46:17 PM

Could it be possible that in the future there are countries that use bitcoin as the national currency??
I do not think it will be possible bitcoin be the national currency because now all countries already have their own currency, if that happens will not be that easy, it all takes a friend process
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 09:48:11 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 11:03:55 PM by KingScorpio

Could it be possible that in the future there are countries that use bitcoin as the national currency??

never ever, because national currencies are always fiats and always controlled by a regulated trusted national banker cartel, bitcoin is just an encripted system centered only by those that have computation power around it

this is my post 1666 the mark of the beast appears again  Roll Eyes

Razumomo

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:55:36 PM

It's sounds funny  because almost many countries are banning bitcoin because of its tax issue. So I can't imagine it as a national currency. But many country are using bitcoin as payment method. And also national currency is that what is regulated by government and central bank of any country but bitcoin can't be regulated at all by bank. So its hopeless one. : D
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:11:12 PM

It seems to me that bitcoin can not become a national currency in any state. First of all, the reason for the high volatility of bitcoin. The state simply will not be able to plan its economy, since it must be based on the price of the national currency. If this price changes substantially every day, no economy will simply survive. Also, in this case, the economy of this country will be interconnected with the economy of other states where bitcoin will go. Most likely, bitcoin will walk in parallel with the usual types of money.
Boysen

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:32:27 PM

Bitcoin could not become a cryptocurrency of any state. This is because its price is highly unstable making it harder for people to actually use it as a currency. Imagine this, you buy something from the grocery that it 0.0003 bitcoins a few minutes ago and then when you check the counter it become 0.0004 bitcoins. Do you think that kind of situation can be convenient and most of all beneficial to the uaer? I don't think so. So unless people finds out a way to banish the high volatility rate of bitcoin it's better for us to stick around with bitcoin being an asset for now.

KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 10:41:19 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 11:03:31 PM by KingScorpio

It's sounds funny  because almost many countries are banning bitcoin because of its tax issue. So I can't imagine it as a national currency. But many country are using bitcoin as payment method. And also national currency is that what is regulated by government and central bank of any country but bitcoin can't be regulated at all by bank. So its hopeless one. : D

not countries ban bitcoin and cryptos bankster cartells do, if we and you are not careful with our language they will even succeed it

only legitimisation they have is the participation of employees, the bankster cartels and the property owning elite doesnt has one

Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:05:01 PM

Bitcoin could not become a cryptocurrency of any state. This is because its price is highly unstable making it harder for people to actually use it as a currency. Imagine this, you buy something from the grocery that it 0.0003 bitcoins a few minutes ago and then when you check the counter it become 0.0004 bitcoins. Do you think that kind of situation can be convenient and most of all beneficial to the uaer? I don't think so. So unless people finds out a way to banish the high volatility rate of bitcoin it's better for us to stick around with bitcoin being an asset for now.
A national currency may not have anything for it to survive on. Bitcoin can be used for a lot of things but what makes a person who has no idea of what Bitcoin is want to have any for their products?

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
CODE200

Activity: 1428
Merit: 308

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:12:14 PM

I think maybe in the distant future.
In my humble opinion, most countries will be too afraid to apply it as a national currency because of security concerns.
There are many thing for us to consider if we want to establish a nationwide currency or to make Bitcoin as a national or even an international currency in transaction becssweu there are differences and barriers in each country specially on developing countries. Do we should need to support Bitcoin with unity for us to establish a good future.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 11:13:02 PM

A national currency may not have anything for it to survive on. Bitcoin can be used for a lot of things but what makes a person who has no idea of what Bitcoin is want to have any for their products?

bitcoin only gained popularity because the national currencies cause economic problems in the developed world, you cant use "bitcoin" as a state currency,

Pom_bensin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:19:08 PM

bitcoin only gained popularity because the national currencies cause economic problems in the developed world, you cant use "bitcoin" as a state currency,
very difficult to accept the government if using bitcoin to become the currency of the country because it will surely beat the country's money mara are getting left out and do not have good price. so I thought it would be impossible.
Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:20:30 PM

I think not, a national currency should be keep can be used in any situation and as we know bitcoin as a digital currrency for now can be used if online. It will be a big trouble if the country that used bitcoin have a problem at internet or network matter

rlclub

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:31:38 AM

I think it is likely that eventually countries will issue their own crypto currencies, augmenting electronic cash.

On another note, check out the ICO for RLCoin, an enterprise solution for loyalty: www.rlcoin.io.  The product has traction with 250 clients and partners in Europe and Asia.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:54:29 AM

I don't think that will ever happen, remembering bitcoin can not be set by one party. To become a national currency the government needs to keep an eye on, it's necessary to interfere in various transactions of bitcoin. While bitcoin has a peer to peer system, the government can not become a third party for transaction affairs. But most likely some countries will make their own virtual currency, such as digital dollars. Which has the great power of the decentralized system is the user, not a party so bitcoin can not be manipulated.
arthur25

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:55:37 AM

Ofcourse but not literal concept. It can be national currency if the citizens of one nation agreed to implement this kind of system majority wins. Also I doubt it coz bitcoin value is more expensive. Not all people is capable to buy even one btc.
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:56:05 AM

at the moment i think no. the prize of bitcoin is to unstable and it is to risky to do that. no governor will risk the country with an unstable bitcoin. but maybe in some years this could be possible, but only when bitcoin have a stable prize for a long time and maybe more support in the whole world. but this are only my thoughts about it. of course, i do not know if it really will happen, but dreaming is sometimes allowed.
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:06:33 AM

It is possible because bitcoin is used by countries around the world, but not all.
there are still some country doesn't accept bitcoin and other cryptocurrency.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
amaterazu

Activity: 407
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:10:28 AM

No way , its not gonna happen. Governments would not take any chances to take bitcoin as national currency. Bitcoin doesn't meet any basic requirements as a national currency.

█▐ ▏  DDCT  ▕ ▌   https://digitaldollarcoin.com/   ▕ ▌█
∎∎∎∎    The etherMillennium Coin of the Century    ∎∎∎∎
chengyinoing

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:20:59 AM

In my view, countries may create their own tokens, which have a lot of volatility but will not use bitcoin as their currency.
sicnarfkswiss

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:34:33 AM

That would be good but I think it will not happen, Maybe they will only accept bitcoin as a digital currency that can be use due to the unstoppable rise of new technology. It cant be a national currency because it doesn't have a permanent store value and this cannot be controlled by gov't since its anonymous. How will the uneducated  use these if ever. Unlike the paper money which fits to any type of individuals. Every govt wants to control the currency but they cant control the Bitcoin,which is the best thing about BTC.
d3athgu1s3

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:35:16 AM

Something so volatile will never be accepted as national currency.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: