Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:53:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as national currency?  (Read 962 times)
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:43:03 AM

Could it be possible that in the future there are countries that use bitcoin as the national currency??
I do not think so. because every country has its own currency. and cryptocurrency is only used for virtual currency.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BroadPaleontologist

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:52:50 AM

Possible, let's hope for the best.
RobertoMakeli

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:16:32 AM

Could it be possible that in the future there are countries that use bitcoin as the national currency??
I think every country will create their own crypto currency, not use bitcoin as national currency
KuyaBreezy

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:25:03 AM

this is quite a long short though its possible but only some kind of a central currency accept by most, like the dollar, all countries worldwide can use the same currency as there is a big difference in economic strengths, other forms of crypto, recognized by each country will come up,and can be valued in relation to BTC,  With BTC probably becoming the highest valued coin.

Minnasan (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:27:09 AM

at the moment i think no. the prize of bitcoin is to unstable and it is to risky to do that. no governor will risk the country with an unstable bitcoin. but maybe in some years this could be possible, but only when bitcoin have a stable prize for a long time and maybe more support in the whole world. but this are only my thoughts about it. of course, i do not know if it really will happen, but dreaming is sometimes allowed.

yeah so that was one reason why government not want to take a risk to use a unstable bitcoin to their country

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   DICE.money   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀|   A NEW GENERATION SOCIAL CRYPTOCURRENCY   |▀
Inn0vative1
Copper Member

Activity: 68

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 04:32:53 AM

Bitcoin is a deflationary currency. Heavily deflationary at that. Thus, it is not suitable as a national currency. The same way as a currency suffering from hyperinflation isn't suitable as a national currency, Bitcoins price volatility and hyperdeflation in some years make it unsuitable as a state currency. Today, it is more used as a store of value and a commodity than as a currency.
I think national currencies will move more towards cryptocurrency, but it will not be Bitcoin. Nations will create their own cryptocurrency as is already happening in some countries.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 251

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:08:22 AM

No,it will never happen in my opinion because crypto currencies are totally against the fiat money of each country so they wan to control the crypto currencies.And bitcoin is a decentralized technology so no one can control the bitcoin tell it as their national currency.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
ChainSmoker

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:59:56 AM

I don't think it is possible. Countries may start accepting bitcoin as a means of payment but i don't think they will declare it as National currency because if they do then it will damage their own currency and the value of their own currency with depreciate over time when compared to other countries currencies.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:41:56 AM

I dont think making an anonymous cryptocurrency as a national currency would be a considerable task by any government of a country. They can regularize, legalize and implement laws safeguarding bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies but making cryotos their national currency is quute unlikely.

The nationao currency of a country is quite symbolic to its citizen and government which they would not like to even modify, let alone change. But certainly the acceptance of bitcoins or cryptocurrencies in general would increase and become a widespread phenomenon in future for sure.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:45:41 AM

It does not seems for me realistic, as there will not be enough bitcoins to supply all the population, especially of the big country.
deviltasha

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:51:12 AM

No it will not became national currency, first of all there are not enough bitcoins, besides, if it will be under the control of the state it will loose its main feature decentralization.
DesmondHayes

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:51:47 AM

I do not think so. because every country has its own currency. and cryptocurrency is only used for virtual currency.

Every country has their own standards. Country currency is not determined by the common people in the mass. It is determined by the government which has high standards for choosing the main currency for their nation. This scenario of the Bitcoin prevailing would be possible only if some main nations accept Bitcoin as the main currency; then the others would follow ( That will never happen )!

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Marry Finch

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:56:44 AM

The existence of a crypto-currency system is unprofitable for the state and any country will try either to ban bitcoin, or to seek methods of regulating crypto-currency.
bebenduk

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:04:23 AM

most other countries have become bitcoin as their national money. I hope my country can accept bitcoin as its national currency
Karakyli

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:06:57 AM

Bitcoin for the state is a threat to the loss of control over cash flows. Bitcoin in no way can replenish the treasury of the state.
The anonymity of the crypto currency allows citizens to avoid the universal control over monetary transactions. Thus, in my opinion, the country's economy will decline.
Pasadoble

Activity: 336
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:08:43 AM

Bitcoin is decentralized, and it is one of its advantages. If it will be national currency it will be controlled by government, so I do not think that it is good.
money1122

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:11:22 AM

Ofcourse bitcoin is a possible natonal currency because he is in demand in this word.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:25:24 AM

I'm pretty sure that bitcoin will be definitely used in the future but, making it as a national currency of a particular country would be impossible. It will be difficult for a country to acknowledge bitcoin as their national currency because bitcoin has many users throughout the world, and some people acknowledged bitcoin as an asset only. There is a possibility that some country will use digital currency as their national currency in the future but I think those will be Alternative Coins. Not Bitcoin.

404 Not Found
think3214

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:28:29 AM

Something so volatile will never be accepted as national currency.
I agree with your opinion, the bitcoin price is too volatile, high risk, the government can not accept bitcoin as their currency, while the government has not managed to bitcoin , tax evasion, money laundering will happen a lot. I think bitcoin is a game rather than a kind of asset used in life. That is my personal opinion, I would like everyone to comment.
nandamo

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:33:24 AM

Maybe Yes? Just like in Zimbabwe, their government screwed up their economy with no physical money around the people found a way around it and they start using E-Wallet as their money. maybe in the future there will be a country that will use BTC as module.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: