Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:58:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting started  (Read 134 times)
m4L (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:57:35 PM

Hey guys,

Im currently thinking about changing the hardware of my old gaming pc in order to at least get started with mining.
This pc has a Asus P5Q Motherboard and a Nvidia 9800 GTX+ gpu - I know its old, I know you cant mine with that gpu.
Therefore, I just wanted to ask if its possible to just change my current gpu with a new gpu that works for mining ethereum.

If so, what could you recommend? Can I keep my motherboard?
Dzeronimo

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 01:16:37 PM

Yes, you can use your old computer and put new graphics card(s) but it's good only to learn how things works. I started two months ago with the same setup, but in order to be efficient and earn more you must run more GPUs on one computer. Otherwise electricity cost will "eat" money that you mined.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:03:15 PM

If so, what could you recommend?

for ETH - RX cards 470/480, 570/580 some are using 550 and 560, Gtx Cards 1060,1070, and ti's some are using 1050

The real deal is how to get them with reasonable price and when will the stock be available

Can I keep my motherboard?

actually not sure about it, old mobos  some might work some may not particularly on the x1 pcie slots, although mining doesn't require high specs Pcie
mayankrajput

Activity: 69

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 03:08:25 PM

i am new for mining any coin for fee which i mine free of cost please give me any site....
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 03:10:52 PM

i am new for mining any coin for fee which i mine free of cost please give me any site....

What ?

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
minttop

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:45:07 PM

Yes, really, you can start mining proc but, of course, buy new video-adapters (some of them - not only one-two)
Also as my advice and if you've got money, change the motherboard for a new one and buy a good power block
There are really important elements for good and stabile mining process without problem with equipment

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 04:55:44 PM

It's not problem with your old mainboard. Even with your old GPU, you may come with it first, just to involve with mining, then you may find some interesting thing about mining and make your plan bigger. I really enjoy on investigating and solving the problems for mining process, it's not that easy haha. That's the way I started with mining, actually I'm owning a mini farm now and already helped a lot of friends to build mining rigs.
m4L (OP)

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:15:05 PM

It's not problem with your old mainboard. Even with your old GPU, you may come with it first, just to involve with mining, then you may find some interesting thing about mining and make your plan bigger. I really enjoy on investigating and solving the problems for mining process, it's not that easy haha. That's the way I started with mining, actually I'm owning a mini farm now and already helped a lot of friends to build mining rigs.

Ok thanks - but what can I mine with my GPU. I read that its to old to mine...
peterboy1

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:29:40 PM

ignore this guys. just another indian national
RYXES

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:33:15 PM

Yeah we all mine free of cost to a degree, mate.

Merit me or don't.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: