Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:29:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the USDT ?  (Read 123 times)
Namal Harshana (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 12:50:39 PM

Hello, I want to know what is the USDT means ?.Is it a coin?.What is the relationship between the USDT and USD?.Some places I saw its always equal to the USD price.Please help me to solve this problem.Thank you 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phebz

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:10:05 PM

USDT is a cryptocurrency asset issued on the Bitcoin blockchain via the Omni Layer Protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by a U.S Dollar held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, just like bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency, users can transact and store tethers with any Omni Layer enabled wallet like Ambisafe, Holy Transaction or Omni Wallet.
ItsEzMkay

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:16:25 PM

It is a token not a coin first off. And it provides as a hedge when Bitcoin prices are tumbling down. Not sure why it is beloved by all though, they still have yet to produce the report that shows they have their funds. Only one exchange is interacting with Tether correctly imo and that is Kraken. Every time you trade USDT there you get actual USD, I kid you not it is the only website. That whole audit aspect has me a bit on the fence, and the fact their main squeeze is Bitfinex doesn't help either.

htsz_da12

Activity: 163

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:16:59 PM

Usdt is a constant cryptocurrency in dollars, and the main network used is BTC's main network. But there have been questions about whether the usdt and dollar reserves are 1:1.

duchaitp

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:19:54 PM

USDT is a cryptocurrency asset issued on the Bitcoin blockchain via the Omni Layer Protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by a U.S Dollar held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, just like bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency, users can transact and store tethers with any Omni Layer enabled wallet like Ambisafe, Holy Transaction or Omni Wallet.
The explanation is brief but complete and easy to understand. Thank you for quality comment.
HBKMusiK

Activity: 693
Merit: 120

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:33:40 PM

Hello, I want to know what is the USDT means ?.Is it a coin?.What is the relationship between the USDT and USD?.Some places I saw its always equal to the USD price.Please help me to solve this problem.Thank you  
USDT is the alternative of USD in crypto.Some say the project will fail because that can't preserve the fixed value of the coin, watch out, you also have a new alternative now, the name of the coin is TrueUSD, but inform yourself before you make any trade with these types of coins.

Dluretic

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:43:02 PM

USDT is Tether company issued tokens, USDT and USD is one to one exchange rate, but because of the Tether company bank account is not open, so the safety of USDT cannot assure, when using USDT need careful.

BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 01:46:31 PM

Some places I saw its always equal to the USD price.

don't be fooled by this!

1 USDT may be equal to 1 USD and it may remain like that too but remember that there is absolutely nothing guaranteeing this equality to remain like this. it can change at any moment.

and since it is 100% centralized, it can also vanish in a blinking of an eye.

--looking for signature--
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:35:11 PM

Hi, as far as I know, USDT has become a popular token among cryptocurrency traders seeking a stable asset to hold profits in between trades. Recently there was an important change in the claims by one of the Bitfinex spokespeople, alluded that Tethers were also backed by other crypto currencies instead of USD!
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:46:40 PM

Usdt is a constant cryptocurrency in dollars, and the main network used is BTC's main network. But there have been questions about whether the usdt and dollar reserves are 1:1.

How can we guarantee that the amount of USDT will match the amount of USD? Probably even Americans don't know how many dollars they let out in turnover. I don't trust such projects. These tokens want to gain popularity through the use of the name of a popular currency. For me, this is the first sign that the founders have no interesting ideas.
pacho08

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:47:38 PM

USDT exists so people can hold "cash" in crypto that is also pegged at the rate of currency people already trust, the US dollar. This alleviates volatility concerns over putting your coin into something else, like BTC or whatever.
It works like this: I declare that I will forever take any 1 coin and give you $1, so long as you ask me. I then issue 10,000 coins and sell them for $1 each. For some reason, people believe me (maybe I already had $10,000 in the bank, maybe not.. I don't know how Tether pulled it off). At any rate, I sold 10,000 coins and now have $10,000 in the bank. So, how much does everyone believe that 1 coin is now worth $1? Well, depends on how much everyone trusts me that I'll honor my agreement (and not just spend the $10,000 myself) and how much everyone wants to hold 1 coin instead of $1 (considering it costs time and money to go through the process of trading 1 coin for 1 real dollar).
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:55:09 PM

How can we guarantee that the amount of USDT will match the amount of USD? Probably even Americans don't know how many dollars they let out in turnover. I don't trust such projects. These tokens want to gain popularity through the use of the name of a popular currency. For me, this is the first sign that the founders have no interesting ideas.
That's why bitfinex was trying to make the team to make any investigation to the tether's case especially about how many reserved funds to backed USDT right now. But it has a lot of potential to be manipulated by the developer itself. Tether involved very high risk.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
andrey111

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:10:59 PM

USDT or (Tether) it's a crypto dollar. This is a currency with a fixed exchange rate equal to the usual dollar. Tether it was created in 2015 as a protected equivalent to the dollar. The rest of the children were told above.
Ceballos

Activity: 621
Merit: 288

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:14:04 PM

USDT is tether and there are too many suspicious things happening around tether. But meanwhile all of exchanges using tether as fiat currency.
I know they are using to avoit regulations and being penalized by goverments. I prefer to direct sell to fiat then holding tether.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
bakiak78

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:55:49 PM

USDT is an asset of cryptocurrency issued on blockchain Bitcoin through Omni Layer Protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by US Dollars stored in Tether Limited reserves and can be redeemed through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, such as bitcoin or other cryptocurrency, users can transact and store tethers with Omni Layer-enabled wallets like Ambisafe, Holy Transaction or Omni Wallet.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:57:48 PM

USDT is tether's symbol and used for fiat on all exchanges. 1 USDT is always equal to 1 USD.
you can buy and transfer tethers like all other crypto coins but its always equal to 1 usd there is no valotility for USDT
maxim4eg123

Activity: 273

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:00:57 PM

To speak in a way that is easy to understand. USDT is USD. The value of 1 USDT is always 1USD
Lacettivod

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:07:56 PM

This is an opportunity to keep your tokens in dollars. And later, if necessary, bring them to Fiat or buy another currency.
But there is an opinion that it is unreliable storage. USDT is not provided with Fiat currency in full.
Truebsd is a more reliable storage.

Lilmon

Activity: 475

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:27:47 PM

USDT [Tether] is managed by Bitfinex. It is tied to the USD and is equal to 1 USD. Every USDT is matched with the equal amount of USD in the Tether Limited reserves. You can transact USDT using the Omni wallet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: