Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:57:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Venezuela is about to launch a free cryptocurrency course for every citizen!  (Read 90 times)
mikfresh (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:42:40 PM

Believe or not in the Venezuelan Petro project, this news will change the perception of cryptocurrency all abroad. The fact that an entire Country has provided and shared such a big program will lay the foundation for a spread knowledge about this new and promising technology, and we all know how important is to spread the word in the world of Crypto.

The Venezuelan government has launched a free cryptocurrency training course to teach its citizens how to buy, sell and mine digital currencies, keeping a distinct eye on the Petro PTR cryptocurrency. The program we are referring to is called "Granja Laboratorio Petro", will be based in Caracas and will start after the launch of the pre-sale. The program that would otherwise cost from $600 to800, will be free for Venezuelan citizens, due to the interest by the government to spread the word.
The government, that is now in financial crysis, is probably trying to get new funds by attracting foreign investors bypassing the economic sanctions imposed by EU and USA.
The funds raised by the offering of PTR has now reached $1Billion as stated by Maduro and other press agencies.
Here is the pic from Maduro's tweet account. Let me know what you think, in my humble opinion, the more people know about crypto, the more this technology will grow overtime.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hugoworld

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:42:43 AM

If this idea of giving people free cryptocurrency courses comes true, This will be completely amazing for cryptocurrency world. The more people know how to use cryptocurrencies, the more people can make the most of cryptocurrencies for sure.

EMP

▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬

ICO START:
10 SEPT 2018
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:57:44 PM

Well it's getting around sanctions that is the main reason. I doubt any totalitarian government would willingly switch to crypto at this stage unless it would also greatly benefit them.

I wonder if it'll only be free for Venezuelans at the start. Something about it makes me think it'll later be used to siphon out whatever money is left in the private sector.
covfefe_

Activity: 934
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:47:51 PM

Venezuela always blamed IMF and World Bank, now there's petro where IMF and World Bank have no control over.
Enecuum

Activity: 95
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 04:01:56 PM

You can be very skeptical, but Venezuela is moving in a very progressive direction. Of course, if this is not PR.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: