Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:10:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If I bought all my alt coins near their January ATH...  (Read 222 times)
whoisdoctors

Activity: 392
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 10:13:46 AM

I think the year will have to wait. This is a long process after correction. And maybe even more
supremnoob

Activity: 305
Merit: 106

Bored....

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 10:17:35 AM

If you can afford it, sell in loss and next time when u buy altcoin think , think & think before.
It's longrun for recovery but in 0.5yrs u can make good money by day trading.

Another option: Wait, wait.

PALM BEACH: 100.000 MEMBERS | $1.000.000 GIVEAWAY | FRIENDLY SIGNALS. 50% PRICE OFF. JOIN TODAY !
ONE TIME PAYMENT  ◉LIFE TIME ACCESS  ◉LIVE SUPPORT  ◉DAILY DISCOUNTS  ◉LEGENDARY SIGNALS
Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:18:18 AM

Similar topics have already been.
I agree.
All you can do is hold. Close positions is take the loss. The market will rise and significantly, since we are still at the beginning of the way. Just hold. Months, maybe more than a year, no one knows.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
ciacio84

Activity: 258
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:34:50 AM

You should increase your positions .... now the price is low and make a good average
cryptor47

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:38:23 AM

How long do you think I would have to wait until I break even or see profits? I bought nearly all my coins near ATH, unfortunately.  Embarrassed

For example - I bought NEBL when it was trading at around $48. It is now $14.04. I bought SUB when it was trading at around $3.25. It is now $0.54. Bought DRGN when it was trading around $5! It's now $1.41. Everytime I see portfolio, I really wonder how much longer time it will take for me to at least break even or see some green. Sometimes, I get worried they will never recover. Should I be worried? Realistically, how long do you think I might have to wait to see some turnaround? Thanks  Huh

Take it as a good lesson. We all went through that at some point. If you stay strong and hodl you'll congratulate yourself. You should be fine by summer, in my opinion.
At least you didn't panic sell, good for you bro!
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:01:33 AM

How long do you think I would have to wait until I break even or see profits? I bought nearly all my coins near ATH, unfortunately.  Embarrassed

For example - I bought NEBL when it was trading at around $48. It is now $14.04. I bought SUB when it was trading at around $3.25. It is now $0.54. Bought DRGN when it was trading around $5! It's now $1.41. Everytime I see portfolio, I really wonder how much longer time it will take for me to at least break even or see some green. Sometimes, I get worried they will never recover. Should I be worried? Realistically, how long do you think I might have to wait to see some turnaround? Thanks  Huh

It might be a couple of years. As long as your coins remain listed on the exchanges (which is by no means guaranteed, they delist non-performing coins often), then someone down the line will pump it.

If the coin gets delisted, then it's over - the price can't rise if no-one is trading it.

Hopefully this was a lesson not to get caught up in hype and to research trends before going in. We've had these alt hypes before, most notably in Dec 2013-Jan 2014, when lots of people got burned.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Xxxurrrad

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:15:32 PM

To correct the situation I can advise you to buy the same coins on the fall, to average the price. When the markets starts to grow, you will get a profit faster.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
bananadines

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:41:25 PM

I dont think that you have to wait for a longer time. Maybe 2 or 3 months and we will see an nice fomo at the altcoins. The most people are dumping at the bottom and they will buy back higher soon!
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:09:46 PM

You are not the only one in this state, some of us too buy at the top and the price has dipped greatly, that is why I always advice people to always invest in project they believe in long term, no one can give you a definite answer but always learn that it is better not to buy the FOMO, because there will always be a time to buy the dip

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
ajoy

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:48:51 PM

How long? No one ever knows, just keep analyze of market, while not needed just hold, be patient in waiting for coin prices to rise,
babygun

Activity: 2128
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 03:58:43 PM

It is a classic mistake that people often make. But it is by making mistakes, that you learn the most.
As Warren Buffett would say: buy when the prices are dropping, not when they are rising and reaching new ATH's.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:00:50 PM

Buying altcoins at ATH ( all time high) is the worst mistake that one can make. Buying BTC at ATH is something i can understand but for altcoins??? Completely foolish attempt.
zorgo

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:07:18 PM

If the project you are investing in is developing and you believe in it, this is good possibility for investing more, especially if price falls like it is described. I did the same for example, thought only 2 of my 14 coins did fall significantly.
ciciteng

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:35:35 PM

That's such unfortunate mate, you just hits the FOMO jackpot  Grin
But dont worry, give it a time.
Just please next time do your research better, so you will get the correct/ reasonably entry point to the market.
Otherwise, you bought again the pump session and when you have it all they already leave the market.
Good luck with your HODL!  Wink
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:58:49 PM

If it is affordable for you - don't sell at a loss and just hold, the price will grow. I think by the end of this spring we will see same growth as in 2017.
MunnaBhai

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:40:39 PM

Here's something I would like to say.
Crypto world exploded in 1 month which made everything to go up 2x-100x.
It is currently down for sure but don't you think that month is coming again?
I am pretty sure, it wouldn't even give anyone any chance to buy before skyrocketing again.

The  best lesson my father taught me - Only invest the money that you are not using. Period.

I bought XRP at $3 but I really don't care when it is going to go up again. Be like a bear and hibernate totally.
Focus on other jobs and find a hobby to distract your mind.
ExBBBBB

Activity: 99

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 06:21:17 PM

How long do you think I would have to wait until I break even or see profits? I bought nearly all my coins near ATH, unfortunately.  Embarrassed

For example - I bought NEBL when it was trading at around $48. It is now $14.04. I bought SUB when it was trading at around $3.25. It is now $0.54. Bought DRGN when it was trading around $5! It's now $1.41. Everytime I see portfolio, I really wonder how much longer time it will take for me to at least break even or see some green. Sometimes, I get worried they will never recover. Should I be worried? Realistically, how long do you think I might have to wait to see some turnaround? Thanks  Huh

Don't worry if the market goes on bullrun all coins will set their new ATH all you have to do is to be patient and all of those coins you've mention that you've buy are really has potential in the future so I would suggest that you hold them for long term like a year or 2 or more. Patience is the key here in crypto world that's why just continue on your daily lives and don't worry much about your coins holding.
thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:12:47 PM

It is big loss but all what you can do is waiting. Payments do not make sense so be patient and watching your coins price. Good luck
Euphytose03

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:27:28 PM

vous avez acheté a l ATH mais qui pouvez savoir que c'était l'ATH ? En vérité le marché crypto est gouverné par l analyse technique les traders vendent ou achetent sur des supports et des resistances mais ils n ont pas toujours raison car les vrais investisseurs comme vous et moi  achetons par qu on croit en tel ou tel coin. Il est difficile d ene pas FOMO et d attendre que le cours baisse. On croit que ça ne va plus baisser et parfois c'est vrai pendant des mois les cours sont dans un mouvement haussier et il est difficile d attendre qu il redescende. On a l impression de perdre une opportunité. Je pense que vous ne ferez plus la meme erreur la prochaine fois. J ai acheté de l ETH a 1000 $ pensant qu il ne descendrait pas plus bas et ferait un petit bénéfice un peu plus tard  malheureusement c 'était un mini krach et ETH est tombé en dessous de 700 $. Maintenant je HOLD. Mais bon c'est de l ETH pas un shitcoin... Pareil pour le VEN, je me suis planté et même l annonce du 26 fevrier n a pas fait remonté ce token. Mais comme ce sont des coins qui ont de l avenir je suis juste en attente... Maintenant il faut s'attendre de voir les prochaines mesures de régulation comme c'est traders imbéciles vont imaginer que les vrais investisseurs vont avoir peur ils vont imaginer tout à la baisse et auto-creer cette baisse de façon prémonitoire. Donc attendre le mini krach de mars pour racheter les coins que vous aimez et revendre vos Altcoins achetés à l'ATH au moment de la reprise!

you bought at ATH but who can know that it was ATH? In truth the crypto market is governed by technical analysis traders sell or buy on supports and resistances but they are not always right because the real investors like you and I buy by that we believe in this or that corner. It is difficult to avoid FOMO and wait for the price to fall. It is believed that it will not go down and sometimes it is true for months the prices are in a bullish movement and it is difficult to wait for it to come down again. We feel like we are losing an opportunity. I think you will not make the same mistake next time. I bought $ 1,000 ETH thinking it would not go down and make a small profit later on, unfortunately it was a mini crash and ETH fell below $ 700. Now I HOLD. But hey it's ETH not a shitcoin ... Same for the VEN, I planted and even the announcement of February 26 did not reassemble this token. But as these are corners that have the future I'm just waiting ... Now we have to expect to see the next regulatory measures as it's foolish traders will imagine that real investors are going to be scared they'll imagine all down and self-create this decline premonitory way. So wait for the mini crash of March to buy the corners you like and sell your Altcoins bought at the ATH at the time of recovery!
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:40:04 PM

If it is affordable for you - don't sell at a loss and just hold, the price will grow. I think by the end of this spring we will see same growth as in 2017.

A good piece of advise, don’t panic because the market are starting to bounce now the question is if its a good coin you are still lucky. This is the result of an unexperienced person that wants to make profit easily in highly volatile market, again education is still the best investment after all keep your eye on it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: