Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:08:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Awareness / Acceptance in Local Markets  (Read 668 times)
sdmented (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:30:21 PM

Hey guys,

So I have been following Bitcoin fairly closely for the last year or so, I am excited to hold a very small quantity of Bitcoin on my own and I would love to get more people excited about Bitcoin.

I am trying to put together a presentation that I can take to local chamber groups and business owners meetings to raise awareness of Bitcoin and try to get people interested in it.  I really believe Bitcoin is the future of currency, able to compete with Credit Cards, PayPal, and other online payment solutions.  Bitcoin offers incredible innovative ways to market and expand small businesses. 

I live in the Seattle area and would be glad to have a meeting with anyone that wants to help me facilitate more awareness to businesses and owners. 

Having said all of this, I am looking to the community to help me with a couple things:

One, my presentation..  I am working on it right now, but I need some insight on how to explain Bitcoin to some of the less savvy business owners.  I can be a bit technical and I think that is where my weakness in my sales capabilities.

Two is a venue, if I am able to get as much interest as I'd like I would imagine I need to get a smaller venue to enable more people to come.. This will come a little bit later, but I am open to ideas on how or where I could hold an event inexpensively but that would feel "official".  I have a lot of networking groups that I go to and the small ones are 10-30 people in a small restaurant talking about their businesses.

Three is Processing, I know that BitPay is one processor, but anyone with experience on using a payment processor I would love some input from.  I don't want to be ill prepared when someone gets so interested they are like hey!  How do I accept Bitcoin, what does it cost to configure, and what are the challenges? and I don't have a solid answer for a business owner on it.

The last thing is compensation, although I am not looking to make money from this or anything, I would really hope that a few of you feel passionately about Bitcoin enough to help cover my gas cost or any facility costs.  I Know since I'm fairly new to the scene this may sound like a plea for free Bitcoin.. but please tell me what you'd like me to do to prove myself. 

I plan on doing everything regardless of whether anyone donates anything at all, but like I said I would really appreciate the assistance as I feel like im going to become the crazy guy screaming on street corners saying the Bitcoin is coming!  Prepare yourself!

Open to suggestions, comments, and input in any way.. even criticism Smiley

Thanks for reading!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin Catalog

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 08:23:48 PM

One, my presentation..  I am working on it right now, but I need some insight on how to explain Bitcoin to some of the less savvy business owners.  I can be a bit technical and I think that is where my weakness in my sales capabilities.

You can take a look here for some inspiration http://thebitcoincatalog.com/what-is-bitcoin/

Good luck with your project.

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 08:30:19 PM

You can take a look here for some inspiration http://thebitcoincatalog.com/what-is-bitcoin/

Good luck with your project.

Nice website you have there.

I look forward to adding my webshop to your catalogue.

EDIT: Upon downloading the catalogue, the pdf file seems corrupted.
The Bitcoin Catalog

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 08:44:36 PM

Nice website you have there.

I look forward to adding my webshop to your catalogue.

Thank you

EDIT: Upon downloading the catalogue, the pdf file seems corrupted.

Thanks for pointing this out! We'll correct this ASAP
Meanwhile you can still consult the online version. Just scroll down the view the pdf (we actually looking for a better pdf viewer).

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: