Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:22:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I HATE YOUR SIG CAMPAIGN, ALL OF THEM  (Read 353 times)
The Demon Slick (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:40:51 AM

What an extreme aggressive OP! Most of what you wrote are right, but I am really curious about your objectives to start the topic. Is it for merit hunting?  Roll Eyes
[/quote]

I don't want anybodys merits or satoshis. I'm not selling anything. I was just annoyed today. And I really really hate sig campaigns. And I especially hate hate hate taking someone seriously, then halfway through posting I realize it's just a sig troll looking for clicks.

Cobalt937 Thank you, that's actually very helpful.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Demon Slick (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:50:33 AM

I wish we could get rid of them all. I hate the stupid huge banner when I'm reading. I hate the stupid posts and stupid threads written just to get sig views. I hate having to scroll down past them. I hate having them on the screen, blasts of useless eyecatching colors in between the posts I want to read. I hate having to try and decide if the poster is stupid, ignorant, in need of help, or just trying to earn a few satoshis.
 I hate hate HATE them.
Ban them all.
Forever.
There's an option where you can turn off avatar and signature click> profile > layout preferences > then check Don't show users' avatars.
Don't show users' signatures. You could also turn off everything as someone intended/wish to Don't show users at all. click> alt+f4 or unplug everthing you see that's plugged in your house supposedly that's really interesting.

Sorry for my sarcasm at all, but it seems you are not reading just scrolling the scroll button I'm not irritated personally when I'm reading a good topic you can just standby/participate in this section where signature is auto disable by default. > Serious Discussion, Ivory Tower

P.S It has been an issue way back the forum become popular in canaille, it might not be the right section to address this issue as signature advertisements is not, will not, shall not, become forum problem itself.

Oh yeah...... soooooo much better. Thanks again.
sitnikov

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:12:28 AM

It is really an impractical suggestion to remove all the advertisements and signature campaigns because:

1) If you remove all the advertisements, the revenue for the forum will decline. I am not sure about how many members are paying for premium memberships but have noticed only a few with that status. Some of the staff here might be paid and that requires some money to be paid to them.

2) If the signature campaigns are removed, this will become like any other forum. I do not thin that there is any alternative to bitcointalk that rewards users for making posts. This is one of the features that gives this forum an edge over others.

⚫  ContractNet.com  ⚫
At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS
████████████ [ JOIN ICO ● 10th MARCH ] ████████████
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: