Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:37:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Evidence of alias (u=1764044) long con scam!  (Read 6664 times)
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:11:38 AM

It is a criminal behavior and 1) alia should be banned with all his alts from the forum and 2) aTriz should be out of the contract as it was treated with criminal act.

Which criminal act did I do?
Not only extortions but also extortion trials are criminal acts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10132

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:13:20 AM

Ok, I only read the first page of this so far, but what OP has is a suspicion that alia is scamming because her items keep getting "sold" once she's asked for a picture.  aTriz is being linked to this because of this odd 3 year contract for signature advertising.   Is that it in a nutshell?  

I do find this contract strange, since it wasn't too long ago thar aTriz was looking for very high ranked, trusted members for an exclusive campaign of his--and then he does a deal with this relative unknown.   But aTriz has always been honest and very polite and kind in his dealings with me.  True, you never know what lies beneath, but I still trust him.  I've been in his campaigns before, and he's been entrusted with large amounts of bitcoin--and he always paid on-time and accurately.  

Plus I don't see a full scam on alia's part, though her behavior is somewhat suspicious.   I'll keep reading this thread, but my positive trust for aTriz will stand.

And there is this one to add more drama:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3032057.msg31202695#msg31202695

....and even not only scamming:

The contract is not void, and there is no chance of it becoming void for a long, long time. It will likely become void if/when I am not Legendary after 3 years, but that remains to be seen. I would advise aTriz not to try and "wriggle out" of the contract, because it puts me in a position where I will be forced to reveal certain things that he has done. If he sticks to the terms of the contract, as stipulated, he is my friend, and he will not be my enemy. Being my enemy is not a very favourable position for anyone to be in. Roll Eyes
That's an extortion attempt...

No extortion attempts, actually. Just a statement that I do not take contract-breaking lightly

It seems that your various attempts to explain your position and to justify your stick-to-it'ness whether the contract terms with aTriz or your ongoing truth defying representations could assist you to break the BCT_talk forum negative trust record, perhaps?  Your on a kind of roll, no?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:46:59 AM

"favours" is my younger brother's account, we both live in in the same house, and sometimes use each others' accounts. He is 15, I am 19.

I am not an alt of favours - there is no need for people to lie in my trust ratings. As for my legitimacy, I invite anyone to Skype me when I return from college today, and I will prove that I am who I say I am. Please see reason and do not fall for the mob mentality.

Before claiming that favours is your younger brother, Can you check the favours trust comments on your trust summary?

favours   2018-02-18   0.00000000      Bought a show, best $60 spent in my life. She's fucking sexy and knows how to work that body. I will be buying a lot more in the future

https://imgur.com/a/zPqld

Are you both Perverts?

I am alive
UpsilonTrooper

Activity: 504
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:09:53 AM

"favours" is my younger brother's account, we both live in in the same house, and sometimes use each others' accounts. He is 15, I am 19.

I am not an alt of favours - there is no need for people to lie in my trust ratings. As for my legitimacy, I invite anyone to Skype me when I return from college today, and I will prove that I am who I say I am. Please see reason and do not fall for the mob mentality.

Before claiming that favours is your younger brother, Can you check the favours trust comments on your trust summary?

favours   2018-02-18   0.00000000      Bought a show, best $60 spent in my life. She's fucking sexy and knows how to work that body. I will be buying a lot more in the future

https://imgur.com/a/zPqld

Are you both Perverts?

She/He/They "clarified" that it was just trust farming and it was done on purpose. No deal happened apparantly
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:31:24 AM

This is why I'm still a virgin, looking for some orphan runaway girl to slap her and then take her home. (I'm actually telling the truth here, we have these cases, where people would intimidate a runaway girl to do their dirty works, I'm in law enforcements. busting beggars and street girls and prostitutes, yet I'm still a virgin).

🖤😏
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:04:08 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 09:17:35 AM by JayJuanGee
Merited by TMAN (2)

This is why I'm still a virgin, looking for some orphan runaway girl to slap her and then take her home. (I'm actually telling the truth here, we have these cases, where people would intimidate a runaway girl to do their dirty works, I'm in law enforcements. busting beggars and street girls and prostitutes, yet I'm still a virgin).

Well, yeah, we don't really want to be meeting girls online, even though a lot of girls, these days spend time online.

Also, meeting any girl in a business like relationship is probably not good either for resolving your virginity issue.

Do you have any hobby in which you can meet regular and local girls besides the internet?   Yeah, meeting over the webs does not necessarily make for easy logistics, geographically speaking.

Or if you go to church then you can see some live girls, but I don't really agree with going to church, even though it could be a decent place to meet actual real girls, but maybe not DTF girls..? hahahahaha.  Although, frequently even seemingly shy girls will be willing to do a lot of passionate and intimate things as long as you push your own agenda in a way that is acceptable and you have something to offer, such as an interesting personality or some kind of mutual hobby.

For example, if you take up dancing as a hobby (partner dancing), then maybe you can meet girls through that - or some other ways, besides on the job meeting of "working girls" is not a seemingly good way to meet DTF girls.  Sometimes too, your hobby may partly depend on whether you are in a big city or not or the geographical area where you are concerning how easy it is to meet girls and preferably DTF girls... if you have prostitutes in your city than I suppose that it is BIG enough to have other activities, too, correct?

I am having my doubts whether alia is even a girl, so she might not be very helpful in this regard... she just seems to be decent at business items, and probably it is not good to find a girl like that, even assuming she is a girl.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:11:00 AM

Do you have any hobby in which you can meet regular girls? 

Or if you go to church, but I don't really agree with going to church, even though it could be a decent place to meet girls, but maybe not DTF girls..? hahahahaha.  Although, frequently even seemingly shy girls will be willing to do a lot as long as you push it and you have something to offer, such as an interesting personality or some kind of mutual hobby.

For example, if you take up dancing as a hobby (partner dancing), then maybe you can meet girls through that - or some other ways, besides on the job.  Sometimes too, your hobby may partly depend on whether you are in a big city or not or the geographical area where you are concerning how easy it is to meet girls and preferably DTF girls.
tinder?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:21:42 AM

Do you have any hobby in which you can meet regular girls? 

Or if you go to church, but I don't really agree with going to church, even though it could be a decent place to meet girls, but maybe not DTF girls..? hahahahaha.  Although, frequently even seemingly shy girls will be willing to do a lot as long as you push it and you have something to offer, such as an interesting personality or some kind of mutual hobby.

For example, if you take up dancing as a hobby (partner dancing), then maybe you can meet girls through that - or some other ways, besides on the job.  Sometimes too, your hobby may partly depend on whether you are in a big city or not or the geographical area where you are concerning how easy it is to meet girls and preferably DTF girls.
tinder?

I edited my above response, and I don't really endorse meeting girls like that, but I suppose it could be done.. My edits were meant to attempt to make my response a bit closer related to the topic of the thread.. I mean does anyone really want to meet an interweb girl and then attempt to reform her and then just have a kind of business relationship and then in the end you question whether she really is a she and what other baggage that she might have in the interpersonal skills arena?

scam_detector (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:22:34 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 09:44:15 AM by scam_detector

As I predicted. Now suddenly her MacBook is broken.  Roll Eyes

Quote from: alia
No longer selling because I spilt juice on the keyboard. May reopen after repair

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3023610.msg31299231#msg31299231

Archive:
http://archive.is/mmS60#selection-2151.0-2151.80
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 02:46:37 PM

Standard of evidence:  Reasonable, articulable suspicion.  Warrants examination.  Not “proved”.

Suspicious links:  Permabanned ban evader #813214 “amine14madrid”, #887705 “amine15madrid”, #888390 “amine16madrid”, and other known variations.

Archival reference: https://web.archive.org/web/20180301125625/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1572983.msg15790516#msg15790516

On 19 February 2018, “alia” awarded these two merits to the Meta appeal of a permabanned user known to commit ban evasion with alts (merit summary):

February 19, 2018, 02:12:16 AM: 1 to Amine14madrid ALT for Re: why always me
February 19, 2018, 02:11:58 AM: 1 to Amine14madrid ALT for why always me

At the time, I immediately noticed this; and I questioned Alia about it via PM.  The response:

They made me laugh out loud, which is very rare for this forum

As so oft the case, Alia’s explanation is (just barely) plausible.  The “alia” account has shown a quirky, sometimes outright twisted sense of humour; for another example, on 21 February 2018, “alia” gave +1 to Wendigo for accusing “alia” of a scam.  For immediate reference, the allegedly “laugh out loud” posts are quoted in full below.  To be sure, the posts are absurd.  If I assume that a person is acting in good faith (and squint a bit), I can sort of see why a person whom I believed to be a 19-year-old college girl might “laugh out loud”-level funny (if not why she would deem them meritorious).

Awarding merit to a forum abuser is abusive; however, the user in question is permabanned.  Thus, at the time, I saw no more actual harm in it than awards of merit to any other inactive accounts.  I deemed the matter a bit of immaturity from a 19-year-old, said to myself “nobody’s perfect”, and shrugged it off.

However, against the background of NLNico’s explosive report upthread, I here articulate my suspicion that “alia” and/or “favours” may be connected to “armine*madrid”, or may be “armine*madrid”, on the following grounds:

• It is unlikely that a new user would ever even see the post-ban whine from the year 2016.  I myself oftentimes browse old threads; but usually, they are high-quality threads which have been linked from elsewhere, and/or have significant posts by famous users.  How and why did “alia” even find that thread?
  • An award of merit is, by definition, an endorsement of the post.  What I had assumed to be “a bit of immaturity from a 19-year-old” could, in view of recent evidence, be a shout-out of solidarity to a friend—or a vanity homage to oneself.

I could articulate other reasons why this is suspicious; but I believe the above will suffice.

I am totally unfamiliar with the “armine*madrid” case; I never even heard of the user before I saw those merits.  I will try to poke into this later.

Meanwhile, I suggest that those who are familiar with the “armine*madrid” case and/or have access to IP evidence should examine these accounts for any potential connection.

“alia” sez, LOL, +1:

just tell me what i did wrong with my lst posts so i won't do it again, and why im banned, i didn't scam people and i have no red trust, bitcointalk is full with scammers and red trusted users and they are not banned,
this is unfair.
or all this because im from africa?

Again, “alia” sez, LOL, +1:

you got to be kidding me!!! i just liked that post and copied it because i found it a good post and the answer for the question, so this is the reason,
-someone scam hundreds of users= he is trying to scam other users now without been banned because you love scammers don't you ??
-someone uses alt accounts in promos and other shit= all of his accounts is still not banned
-someone (me) copy a post and paste it= banned from the forum forever
UNFAIR

(imgur embeds have been changed to web.archive.org.  Of course, in the original posts, the images do not show as embeds due to account “Newbie” status.)

I now have more to say on this topic.  I will deliberately double-post, as reasonably required by subject matter plus length.

@scam_detector, I request that you keep this thread open indefinitely.  Given what NLNico dug up, I suspect that this thread may carry on some long-term investigations—with potential connections to abuse on other forums as well as this one.

Also, I suggest that the OP subject line be changed since the aTriz matter has been split to its own thread.

P.S., check your trust page.

nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 02:48:09 PM

For the record:  I still think that the identity of the person(s) controlling #1764044 “alia” is questionable.  (That’s part of the problem:  Questionable, with IP evidence weighing much more strongly than the user’s uncorroborated story.)  But there is no question that the account sold a fraudulent gambling script, scammed by lying about knowing Dave, and issued itself positive trust feedback (whether through an alt, or an alleged family member’s account—it doesn’t matter), among other misdeeds all worthy of being red-tagged to hell.  I say this according to the same standard I always apply to trust feedback.  Moreover, even under the most favourable (so to speak) assumption that the unlikely “little brother” story be true, that would make Alia the sister of a well-documented serial scammer (thanks: ibminer and NLNico), living in the same household as him and sharing computers and account info with him.  The more likely alternative theory:  “Alia” is him.

If Alia is actually a 19-year-old college girl who suffers a coincidental mix of bad luck, disreputable family, and a fast-and-loose attitude toward the truth, then I would suggest that she learn a lesson here, buckle down to her studies, take a long-term view of her future—and permaban her brother from ever even coming close to any of her computer equipment, ID cards, and account information.

For my part, I have here learned a hard lesson myself.

Before I stepped in and made “alia” famous, that account was quietly posting once or twice per day—mostly in loan-related threads, while maintaining NSFW threads.  The account had 52 merits from other users, mostly awarded after original “merit masturbation” post; but that had been a short-lived fad, quickly forgotten by almost everybody.

Within the span of less than a week, I picked up a Jr. account which had faded to obscurity, and brought it widespread attention—particularly from high-ranking members.  Not only attention, but credibility.  Though surely not all of it, much of “alia’s” public credibility was implicit, by association with me.

Moreover, I am almost certain that aTriz would never have even heard of “alia” if not for my actions—and I’m absolutely certain that he never would have given the account an unprecedented signature deal for a Jr. Member, if not for the association with me.  (Those who call him stupid for that, should ask if it would have been stupid to have given me the same deal when I was a Jr. Member.  aTriz did do some other quite foolish things here, as I expect he now realizes; but I think snapping up the signature of a “rising star” was just business savvy, albeit with a poorly-drafted contract.)  Obviously, aTriz is responsible for his own decisions just as I am for mine.  But I do still feel some sense of moral responsibility.  Sorry, aTriz.

In the future, I intend to be much more careful about whom I grant instant fame—with my own reputation on the line.  I never gave “alia” any positive endorsement of trustworthiness, via the formal trust system or otherwise.  But nevertheless:  Even what seems such a seemingly positive thing as a sexy merit bet and a titillating public romance can have serious consequences, if the recipient of my affections turns out to be a doorway to a whole closet full of skeletons.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 03:29:04 PM

Welcome to the internet, nullius  Grin

RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 03:39:44 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 04:01:42 PM by RGBKey
Merited by nullius (1)

Alia just started a new thread in the Gambling subforum titled Proving that my gambling script works.

I was once selling a gambling script (for which I received a lot of backlash) and was called a scammer. I am saying that it is profitable in the short run - people do not believe me.

Every day, for the next 10 days, starting from 12:10 AM UTC, I will use the script.

1 bit will be wagered on Bustabit and 3 bits will be wagered on Cryptobust. You can follow along daily, since the times have been set in stone, and will not change. You can even watch me play, if you wish to do so. I will screen record each run through and post it here.

Note: I am no longer selling the script, I just want to prove people wrong.

Anyway, the aim for each run will be a 20% ROI. I recommend 5-10% ROI with the script, but 20% will be my aim each time. As I stated previously, the script usually works 9/10 times or more. So, I will be running it a grand total of 20 times (once on each site daily).

If the script does not yield 20% ROI 18 times out of 20, I will admit that I "lied", and will leave the forum. I will also send a few bits to people who warned against me.

If the script yields 20% ROI 18 times out of 20 (or more)... well, then I guess my point has been proven.

We will see. You shall all see.

PS: If you have mathematically sound reasoning below, your post shall stay. If you have words of encouragement, the post will stay. If I lose more than 2 times and you want to roast me, the post will stay.

If you insult me for no reason, I will delete your post. If you spam irrelevant stuff here, I will delete your post. Trolls, please return if I lose (aka not happening)

One of the two sites (Cryptobust) also has an open scam accusation.
That was the wrong cryptobust, I assume the correct one is cryptobust.io

Edit: I have made a post about alia's chances of winning based on the terms she outlined in the above post.

If the script does not yield 20% ROI 18 times out of 20, I will admit that I "lied", and will leave the forum. I will also send a few bits to people who warned against me.
If the script yields 20% ROI 18 times out of 20 (or more)... well, then I guess my point has been proven.
18 times of 20 is 90%. ROI - 20%. Expected value is 1.08. There's a chance of 92.5% to reach so easy target without using any scripts. So, you would not prove anything.

At a 1% house edge, which both of these sites have, the simple chance of 20% return is 82.5%. The chance of alia getting 18, 19, or 20 of these 82.5% chances in a group of 20 is as follows:

(For those unfamiliar, this uses the Binomial Distribution to find the chance of k successes out of 20 trials. Here we are interested in k=18, k=19, and k=20 so we sum those results).

This comes out to 0.294233 (rounded to the 6th decimal place), or 29.4233%.

So basically, the chance of alia's script working (according to the known laws of probability) are around 29.4%.

I have my doubts about the legitimacy of this because screen recordings can be faked, livestreams could have been pre-recorded and such, but I won't get any more into that in this post.

nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 04:24:31 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 05:24:38 PM by nullius

Alia just started a new thread in the Gambling subforum titled Proving that my gambling script works.

I have a scintilla of a doubt here:  Perhaps this individual may genuinely believe, even obsessively believe that the script can perform as claimed.  I have seen such behaviour here before, in a context not involving monetary gain or scam accusations.

It began in the Vanitygen thread.  (I linked to the post which led into the discussion; continue reading downthread.)  With no obvious material motive, Jude Austin (a Legendary) claimed to have randomly found an address with funds on an imitator of directory.io.  Discussion ensued involving me, DannyHamilton, LoyceV, and dooglus on one side, and Jude Austin on the other.  Key points:

As for security, you will shit your pants, on btckey.space I found an address with funds, tho it was a small amount (transaction fee) it was completely random.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

I suspect two possibilities:

1.  Neither the address, nor your search were properly random.

2. You are lying.

have some faith

Why can't you open your mind and believe?

Thanks, got it.  I have my own cult; I don’t need yours.

We are now far outside technical discussion and deep in kook territory.  I’m not interested in that, and neither am I interested in (further) derailing the Vanitygen thread.  Please leave this thread to discussion of Vanitygen and the generation of vanity addresses.

N.b. that Jude Austin spends his cycles on LBC, too.  Between “scammer” and “kook”, I will call the latter there.

Jude Austin subsequently began a thread in Technical Support titled, I found a collision. The hard part is proving it.  I did not participate in that thread, or even read it; life is too short.  Now, compare the title of Alia’s new thread.

In this overall context of this thread, the question arises of whether Alia be trying to build credibility for a future gambling scam, or sincerely trying to “prove” the mathematically impossible.

I have a minor side hobby of exercising skepticism upon kooks; and although many if not most are swindlers who knowingly deceive others for fame and fortune, some of them seemed sincerely obsessed with a kooky idea.  Alia is a self-described “degen” in matters of gambling.  You will laugh at me if I even bother to point out that many gamblers are obsessed.  She may be fixated on the idea of a winning script.  —Or maybe not.

If she ever tries to sell the damn thing again, that would conclusively show her motives.  As many others have said, I also wonder why she doesn’t shut up, gather up every satoshi in her wallet, and make herself rich with her winning script.

Partly to have my say, partly to help assess her motives, I will post a possibly-edited version of the foregoing in her thread and see whether she discusses it, or deletes it.  —  Edit:  Done:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3044369.msg31351462#msg31351462

https://web.archive.org/web/20180301171902/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3044369.msg31351462#msg31351462
(Too bad, it looks like web.archive.org and ip.bitcointalk.org are not friends today.  This archive also preserves RGBKey’s post, minus his embedded equation image.)

scam_detector (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:40:12 PM

@scam_detector, I request that you keep this thread open indefinitely.

Alright!

Also, I suggest that the OP subject line be changed since the aTriz matter has been split to its own thread.

Done.

You shouldn't have! Anyway, that's nice of you!
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1813
Merit: 2715

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 10:11:43 PM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (2)

SCAMMER
noun
1. a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle.
verb (used with object), scammed, scamming.
2. to cheat or defraud with a scam.

confidence game: a swindle in which the victim is persuaded to trust the swindler in some way.
swindle: use deception to deprive (someone) of money or possessions.

Your "brother" favours starts a similar cam service posing as an 18 year old girl, thus using deception to deprive someone of money or possessions.
https://archive.is/gfWso
Showing this image as himself: https://archive.is/fUKPe

Your "brother" revcback requests a fake ID that he can "print and use" with the name "Alia Armelle" using this image:
http://www.shivalikrecruiters.com/admin/album/1464158934771Shivalik_Recruiters_Candidates.jpg
which is the picture of some random candidate on a recruiting agency website.
also specifically requesting that it needs the birthdate of March 16, 1998 - making the fake ID be 19 years old (as Alia claimed to be when joining here). I'm sure something special was planned for a fake birthday event on March 16th, 2018 with the fake identity turning 20.

archived ID request (it has disappeared from Google): http://archive.is/eT0zY

revcback ("brother") also scamming fitbits back in July 2017, Singapore thinks he's a scammer and he risks himself & parents getting kicked out of Singapore:
(original reddit thread has been scrubbed)
full archive here
partial archive (excluding OP) here: http://archive.is/tSdju
... sounds like Singapore doesn't want him either.

You wanting to be verified on skype means absolutely nothing. Just like it meant nothing when you did it from your favours account in the same fashion:
https://archive.is/gfWso#selection-8169.51-8169.103
https://archive.is/gfWso#selection-8823.0-8832.1

All of that without even getting into the other accounts:
--good details, click to see--

At the end of the day, you are nowhere near a trustworthy account and deserve the red. Brother or not, nobody should trust an account that is easily accessible to a known scammer.

No Skype session will prove you to be trustworthy.
No gambling script will prove you to be trustworthy.

Ok, I think I'm done beating this horse... unless it wants to keep galloping?

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 11:08:07 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2020, 02:57:29 PM by suchmoon

Ok, I think I'm done beating this horse... unless it wants to keep galloping?

Edited 2020-11-29 to fix a broken image
alia

Activity: 56
Merit: 115

Lowest EVER interest lending! (Use escrow always)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:17:45 PM

Standard of evidence:  Reasonable, articulable suspicion.  Warrants examination.  Not “proved”.

Suspicious links:  Permabanned ban evader #813214 “amine14madrid”, #887705 “amine15madrid”, #888390 “amine16madrid”, and other known variations.

Archival reference: https://web.archive.org/web/20180301125625/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1572983.msg15790516#msg15790516

On 19 February 2018, “alia” awarded these two merits to the Meta appeal of a permabanned user known to commit ban evasion with alts (merit summary):

February 19, 2018, 02:12:16 AM: 1 to Amine14madrid ALT for Re: why always me
February 19, 2018, 02:11:58 AM: 1 to Amine14madrid ALT for why always me

At the time, I immediately noticed this; and I questioned Alia about it via PM.  The response:

They made me laugh out loud, which is very rare for this forum

As so oft the case, Alia’s explanation is (just barely) plausible.  The “alia” account has shown a quirky, sometimes outright twisted sense of humour; for another example, on 21 February 2018, “alia” gave +1 to Wendigo for accusing “alia” of a scam.  For immediate reference, the allegedly “laugh out loud” posts are quoted in full below.  To be sure, the posts are absurd.  If I assume that a person is acting in good faith (and squint a bit), I can sort of see why a person whom I believed to be a 19-year-old college girl might “laugh out loud”-level funny (if not why she would deem them meritorious).

Awarding merit to a forum abuser is abusive; however, the user in question is permabanned.  Thus, at the time, I saw no more actual harm in it than awards of merit to any other inactive accounts.  I deemed the matter a bit of immaturity from a 19-year-old, said to myself “nobody’s perfect”, and shrugged it off.

However, against the background of NLNico’s explosive report upthread, I here articulate my suspicion that “alia” and/or “favours” may be connected to “armine*madrid”, or may be “armine*madrid”, on the following grounds:

• It is unlikely that a new user would ever even see the post-ban whine from the year 2016.  I myself oftentimes browse old threads; but usually, they are high-quality threads which have been linked from elsewhere, and/or have significant posts by famous users.  How and why did “alia” even find that thread?
  • An award of merit is, by definition, an endorsement of the post.  What I had assumed to be “a bit of immaturity from a 19-year-old” could, in view of recent evidence, be a shout-out of solidarity to a friend—or a vanity homage to oneself.

I could articulate other reasons why this is suspicious; but I believe the above will suffice.

I am totally unfamiliar with the “armine*madrid” case; I never even heard of the user before I saw those merits.  I will try to poke into this later.

Meanwhile, I suggest that those who are familiar with the “armine*madrid” case and/or have access to IP evidence should examine these accounts for any potential connection.

“alia” sez, LOL, +1:

just tell me what i did wrong with my lst posts so i won't do it again, and why im banned, i didn't scam people and i have no red trust, bitcointalk is full with scammers and red trusted users and they are not banned,
this is unfair.
or all this because im from africa?

Again, “alia” sez, LOL, +1:

you got to be kidding me!!! i just liked that post and copied it because i found it a good post and the answer for the question, so this is the reason,
-someone scam hundreds of users= he is trying to scam other users now without been banned because you love scammers don't you ??
-someone uses alt accounts in promos and other shit= all of his accounts is still not banned
-someone (me) copy a post and paste it= banned from the forum forever
UNFAIR

(imgur embeds have been changed to web.archive.org.  Of course, in the original posts, the images do not show as embeds due to account “Newbie” status.)

I now have more to say on this topic.  I will deliberately double-post, as reasonably required by subject matter plus length.

@scam_detector, I request that you keep this thread open indefinitely.  Given what NLNico dug up, I suspect that this thread may carry on some long-term investigations—with potential connections to abuse on other forums as well as this one.

Jeez. I noticed that account in theymos's red trust, thought it was funny, gave it merit. Don't read into it too much. I'm sure theymos can IP check.

Also, if you guys still believe I am a scammer, even after I repaid aTriz $2,000 even after he broke the contract then you are all braindead. RIP

Lowest interest lending in bitcointalk history. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2846750.0
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 11:37:14 PM

Jeez. I noticed that account in theymos's red trust, thought it was funny, gave it merit. Don't read into it too much. I'm sure theymos can IP check.

Also, if you guys still believe I am a scammer, even after I repaid aTriz $2,000 even after he broke the contract then you are all braindead. RIP

Ms. Zombie Horse,

as it has been explained in my PM to you, and also much more eloquently by ibminer two posts above, you're a scammer for reasons that have nothing to do with aTriz.

A bank robber who donates to a charity is still a bank robber.

Please use fewer fallacies and less whining in your next bank robbery scam attempt.

Thanks.
--sm.
alia

Activity: 56
Merit: 115

Lowest EVER interest lending! (Use escrow always)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:39:05 PM

Ms. Zombie Horse,

as it has been explained in my PM to you, and also much more eloquently by ibminer two posts above, you're a scammer for reasons that have nothing to do with aTriz.

A bank robber who donates to a charity is still a bank robber.

Please use fewer fallacies and less whining in your next bank robbery scam attempt.

Thanks.
--sm.

Why should my rep be tarnished because of what my brother did? I'm sure that if he was in the situation of taking 0.18 btc and running he would have no hesitation, but I have a moral compass. Why am I being lynched for someone else's wrongdoings?

Lowest interest lending in bitcointalk history. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2846750.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: