Bitcoin Forum
November 16, 2018, 03:20:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Was Dave Kleiman the real Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 416 times)
jansma43

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:21:24 PM

It seems highly probable that David Kleiman was Satoshi Nakamoto. Craig Wright was one of the few people who actually knew this.
I would like to hear how other people here think about this!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kingcolex
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016

Anonymous bitcoin mixer

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:39:46 PM

I'm pretty sure the real Satoshi isn't some dead guy but someone who decided he got in over his head when the US Feds wanted to talk to him, especially with the silk road being massive at the time that they were going to either force him to put a back door into Bitcoin killing it and if he refused charging him as an accomplice for ever transaction. He probably figured his lawyer bills would be massive that it was easier to just wipe his drive and keys and never look back.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
jansma43

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:57:03 PM

I have always thought that the real Satoshi was dead, probably killed in some kind of accident. Why else did he not use some of his 1 million bitcoins?
The latest news suggests that it could be David Kleiman : https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-26/craig-wright-sued-over-5-billion-bitcoin-mined-by-colleague
His brother probably inherited an encrypted USB stick with the private keys without even knowing the importance of the content.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1068

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:01:03 PM

I have always thought that the real Satoshi was dead, probably killed in some kind of accident. Why else did he not use some of his 1 million bitcoins?
The latest news suggests that it could be David Kleiman : https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-26/craig-wright-sued-over-5-billion-bitcoin-mined-by-colleague
His brother probably inherited an encrypted USB stick with the private keys without even knowing the importance of the content.

You should know that there is no real evidence that Satoshi has any bitcoin at all. The famous Satoshi wallet is just somebodies guess at ownership.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Free bitcoin in AFRICA - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2710325.msg27720734
jansma43

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:07:18 PM

The early mining revenues are still available as unspent transaction outputs for whoever has the key.
maryhansenn

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:07:26 PM

I don't think Dave was the real Satoshi. I think the real one is too smart to be discovered. Also, I tend to believe that the real one is actually a team of minimum two people

bhnetwork

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:09:53 PM

imagine the keys are somewhere on a memory stick...i hope they have good security
swissgang

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 03:11:19 PM

I really don't think he is satoshi, I actually predict who satoshi is, it is not difficult to find him with today's technology, the only thing I know he is an academician and not dead for sure.

jansma43

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:24:06 PM

David Kleiman was a real smart guy. He was diagnosed with MRSA at the end of 2010 and that was around the time when Satoshi made his last post on this forum. After he became ill he changed and it seems he also became paranoid. He died in April 2013 under seemingly suspicious circumstances.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1237

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:33:12 PM
Merited by avikz (2), RodeoX (1), Gyrsur (1), Sitarow (1), NeuroticFish (1), alyssa85 (1)

to answer the OP's question..

NO. Dave was not satoshi
firstly, based on the writing style of satoshi's posts the times and details. dont match the life of dave

secondly. the story about the satoshi stash of coins.
the original story was craig mined it. and dave only witnessed and notorised the public keys to be used for collateral.. but that failed and craig then painted a different story that dave was satoshi and gave the coins to craig.. but again.. no proof as craig still cannot sign a message

so her goes.. story in full
craig wright in 2011/2 only COPIED PUBLIC KEYS of addresses used as block rewards in 2009.. he then got dave and a notary to officiate that they have SEEN a list of PUBLIC keys

emphasis PUBLIC.. NOT private keys.
dave kleiman was not satoshi and dave did not mine them.. dave was duped into making a document to say that craig was the original owner..
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2644014-Tulip-Trust-Redacted.html
short version: "i dave K received from craig wright 1mill btc"

the only evidence that craig wright ever shown was this:
MEUCIQDBKn1Uly8m0UyzETObUSL4wYdBfd4ejvtoQfVcNCIK4AIgZmMsXNQWHvo6KDd2Tu6euEl13VT C3ihl6XUlhcU+fM4=

Convert to hex:
3045022100c12a7d54972f26d14cb311339b5122f8c187417dde1e8efb6841f55c34220ae002206 6632c5cd4161efa3a2837764eee9eb84975dd54c2de2865e9752585c53e7cce

Find it in Satoshi's 2009 transaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx/828ef3b079f9c23829c56fe86e85b4a69d9e06e5b54ea597eef5fb3ffef509fe?format=hex

emphasis:
the signed message was not something craig created in 2011/2 to prove holdings. it was copied from the public blockchain that anyone can copy..

craig wright used this notorised list of PUBLIC data to pretend it was his proof of holding value. and as such he used this as collateral to get loans and government grants/tax breaks.

australian governments soon realised the scam and thats why craig wright legged it out of australia and moved to the UK. he
he knew by not turning up to court the authorities will turn up at his australian house.. so he then leaked out a story about himself as a final attempt to try pretending to be innocent,

this nxt stupid attempt at validating himself as satoshi to try hiding his scam was by telling a few media outlets that he was satoshi.. this is because he cannot prove with the use of private keys that his "collateral" hold s value. so hoped the media will fall for his story and publish that he is satoshi and such he would use the "craig wright is satoshi" media headlines as his evidence...to try getting the aussie government to back down.. it also failed as the community outed him within days that his story held no water.

its like a woman pretending she had a presidents kid by showing an autograph.. and then when being asked to perform a paternity test. all she shows is a photo of the president smiling.. and then goes to media hoping they will write a story that she and the president were in a relationship and the kid was really theirs.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
GideonGono

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:43:35 PM

It seems highly probable that David Kleiman was Satoshi Nakamoto. Craig Wright was one of the few people who actually knew this.
I would like to hear how other people here think about this!

No one actually knows about satoshi nakamoto some say that satoshi is dead , some say that he doesnt exist. We all have different theory but for me satoshi is just an stage name, and satoshi is still live and I think hes just watching us, and smiling of hes work or he created a currency that serve as a hope on some one , I think hes proud.

▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ███            ▀▀█████▄
      ██                   ▀█████▄
    ██                       ▀█████
   █          ██  ██           █████
  █           ██  ██            █████
 █        ▄▄███████████          █████
 █        █████████████           ████▌
█         █████                   █████
█         █████                   █▀ ▀█
█         ████████████              ▄ 
█         ████████████            ▄███▄
█         █████                   █████
 █        █████                   ████▌
 █        █████████████          █████
  █       ▀▀███████████         █████
   █▄         ██  ██          ▄████▀
    ▀█        ██  ██        ▄████▀
      ▀█▄                 ▄████▀
         ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀
██
██  ██  ██
██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██
██  ██  ██
██
██
██  ██  ██
██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██
██  ██  ██
██
▄███▄
███████████████████████
██                   ██
██ ░███████████████░ ██
██                   ██
▀███ ░███████████████░ ███▀
▄  ▀█                   █▀  ▄
██▄    ███████████████    ▄██
████▄                   ▄████
██████▄               ▄██████
████████             ████████
██████▀  ▄██▄   ▄██▄  ▀██████
████▀  ▄██████▄██████▄  ▀████
██▀  ▄█████████████████▄  ▀██

WHITEPAPER
.▒██████████████████████▒
▒████████████████████████▒
▒██▄     ███████     ▄███▒
▒████     █████     █████▒
▒████ ▌    ███▌     █████▒
▒████ █     █▌ ▐    █████▒
▒████ ██      ▐█    █████▒
▒████ ███    ▐██    █████▒
▒███▀ ▀███   ███    █████▒
▒█▀     ▀██ ██▀      ▀███▒
▒█████████████▀    ▀█████▒
▒██░▀████████▌      ▀████▒
▒██░   ▀████▀        ▀███▒
▒██                 █████▒
▒███                █████▒
▒█████              █████▒
▒██████           ▄██████▒
▒█████▀         ▄████████▒
▒███▄▄      ▄▄███████████▒
 ▒██████████████████████▒
▒████████████▀▀    ▓█████▒
▒███████▀▀     ▄▀  ▓█████▒
▒███▀▀       ▄▀    ██████▒
▒██░       ▄▀░░    ██████▒
▒████▄▄  ▄▀       ███████▒
▒████████▄░       ███████▒
▒█████████        ███████▒
▒██████████ ██▄▄ ████████▒
 ▒██████████████████████▒
jansma43

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:58:11 PM

I totally agree that Graig Wright is not Satoshi. In 2015 his email account was hacked and some of the content was published. The anonymous hacker has shared what appeared to be an unfinished draft of a legal contract between Wright and Kleiman, entrusting 1,100,111 bitcoins to Kleiman, a sum roughly analogous to the presumed Satoshi fortune, to be paid back in the year 2020, or in the event of Kleiman’s death (source: https://gizmodo.com/this-australian-says-he-and-his-dead-friend-invented-bi-1746958692). This seems to be an attempt to claim the bitcoins from the legitimate heirs.
RNC

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:13:04 PM

Has Dave Kleiman been arrested ?

$5bn fraud sounds like a good reason
https://www.rt.com/business/419901-satoshi-sued-cryptocurrency-theft/

Has green peace smashed his door in for creating CPU-Wars between miners and wasting
energy or kids because the cost of GPU cards got sent though the roof and they cannot afford
to buy games cards ?

I would say that given the current circumstances that Satoshi Nakamoto would be well advised
to keep a low profile and that's without slot machine gambling addicts turn on him if Bitcoin
falls to almost zero because he will also be blamed with that too which was not just his fault.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1068

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:30:46 PM

I would add that Satoshi knows how to prove ownership of the keys without playing games. If Craig is Satoshi he could sign a message using PRIVATE keys and prove himself in a minute.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Free bitcoin in AFRICA - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2710325.msg27720734
seizetehday5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:34:37 PM

I have no idea but I love the drama and the saga that is unfolding because of it. I wish for the next 5-10 years these stories keep coming out and we never figure out who Satoshi is, that is the whole fun!

eaLiTy

Activity: 910
Merit: 504

Anonymous bitcoin mixer

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:16:37 PM

I would add that Satoshi knows how to prove ownership of the keys without playing games. If Craig is Satoshi he could sign a message using PRIVATE keys and prove himself in a minute.
Things are getting really interested here,will he really prove the ownership now,if Craig Wright has anything to do with the development of bitcoin and if his claims are true,he is forced to reveal the details to the public about his involvement in the mining of those coins with Dave kleiman ,to be frank the said lawsuit seems weak and i am not sure if there is any case registered in that regard or any investigation being carried out and i think it is just a bait and it might settle out of court .I would like to see what is the next move of Craig,is he going to pretend it is nothing or will he come out with something interesting .  Smiley

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1237

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:35:24 PM

Things are getting really interested here,will he really prove the ownership now,if Craig Wright has anything to do with the development of bitcoin and if his claims are true,he is forced to reveal the details to the public about his involvement in the mining of those coins with Dave kleiman ,to be frank the said lawsuit seems weak and i am not sure if there is any case registered in that regard or any investigation being carried out and i think it is just a bait and it might settle out of court .I would like to see what is the next move of Craig,is he going to pretend it is nothing or will he come out with something interesting .  Smiley

imagine this
craig ran a scam by faking bing satoshi, got caught.. legged it.

now imagine he paid dave bro to partner with him privately. but publicly act like opponents.
the aim is for daves bro to make a claim that WILL fall flat. because the end goal is for the case to fall flat.

then craig will try using the falling flat case as his double negative attempt to try making a positive.

in short. the notorised document proves dave never mined.. so dave never gave craig bitcoin.
thus daves bro wont win..
but without craig proving the funds are in craigs control.. craig will simply try to push a story that daves bro couldnt prove craig isnt satoshi
lik i said a double negative trying to make a positive

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:56:45 PM

Why is it so important for everyone to know who the real Satoshi Nakamoto is?)Please explaine me, maybe i don't understand))
figmentofmyass

Activity: 952
Merit: 623

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:24:16 PM

why? i've heard some unproven assertions and very circumstantial evidence, but nothing convincing. the $10 billion lawsuit from kleiman's estate made me second-guess that judgment. that is, until i saw this report from WizSec: http://blog.wizsec.jp/2018/02/kleiman-v-craig-wright-bitcoins.html

long story short, craig wright combed through a bitcoin rich list and claimed a bunch of addresses as his own (or as kleiman's). maybe it was all part of his tax fraud scheme. who knows. but i still see nothing to indicate that kleiman or wright are associated with satoshi.

jansma43

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:05:14 PM

1. The time Satoshi disappeared from this forum coincides with the time Kleiman got seriously ill
2. There was no need for Wright to involve Kleiman if Kleiman is not the real Satoshi
3. Unlike Wright I think Kleiman did have the right expertise to be Satoshi
But I admit it is only circumstantial evidence.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.