Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:57:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I post on 1 forum section only?  (Read 110 times)
naoriamatsuka (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:36:23 PM

I've been reading the forum for quite sometime now, studying how everything works.
There are stuff that I am not sure yet so I'd like some clarifications. For newbies that know semi nothing here and obviously cannot contribute detailed information regarding bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, are we not allowed to post anything? I saw a comment here that says posting is not necessary and that we only need to read. But then I see plenty of sections here that are not bitcoin or crypto related especially in Others. Am I not allowed to just post in off topic for the mean time since I cannot contribute any post related to bitcoin?  I'd like to join is some discussions in offtopic but I also read that you'll risk your account getting ban or something. So what is the offtopic for?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:44:56 PM

You can't just be banned that quickly when you are posting there. If the mods are seeing your posts not improving, all of it are in the off-topic, you will be really banned. If you want to participate in any discussions you can go for it but remember that this is a Bitcoin forum, the reason there is an off-topic thread is that there are some threads that are not really related to bitcoin.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:46:07 PM

What your purpose visiting this forum ?

Bitcoin ? or fun ?

If you're choosing bitcoin related than it's the best place to get know about bitcoin with expert

If you're looking for fun, you can find https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=9.0 but I think there are more better forum to visit if you just looking for fun

AFAIK, some account getting ban because they copy paste , not creating their posting with their own thought
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:47:48 PM

I've been reading the forum for quite sometime now, studying how everything works.
There are stuff that I am not sure yet so I'd like some clarifications. For newbies that know semi nothing here and obviously cannot contribute detailed information regarding bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, are we not allowed to post anything? I saw a comment here that says posting is not necessary and that we only need to read. But then I see plenty of sections here that are not bitcoin or crypto related especially in Others. Am I not allowed to just post in off topic for the mean time since I cannot contribute any post related to bitcoin?  I'd like to join is some discussions in offtopic but I also read that you'll risk your account getting ban or something. So what is the offtopic for?

You are welcome to post wherever you'd like. Posting in the off topic section isn't the same as posting an off topic reply in a thread. If a thread in off topic is about different types of donkeys, and you post about how you think Bitcoin's price is going to spike, it'd be off topic. Your post would be deleted, and too many deleted posts and you'd be at risk for a ban.

If you are new to cryptocurrencies, I'd recommend checking out the beginners and help section here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0

If you are technically inclined, reading the Bitcoin technical or Support sections may also help with increasing your knowledge. I'd also highly recommend checking out this list of forum rules if you haven't done so already. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

If you make posts like this thread, you aren't going to be at risk for a ban. If you are in doubt, just see if your posts hit a few criteria. 1) Is my reply about the topic of the thread. 2) Is my post something that brings information to the discussion in the form of new ideas, or my opinion. 3) Can my response be replied to, as in, can it be expanded upon or does it bring additional conversation points to the table. A post that says, "Alright, I'm in" vs "I've decided to support this project, the use case is something I've thought of before, and this project could effect so in so in this way." If you just say, I'm in, the only way someone can really respond to that is, "good for you, me too." The second example, you've created a stepping stone for discussion about the use case, the effect, as well as your opinion on the matter.
naoriamatsuka (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:00:38 PM

I am here for bitcoin and altcoins like i said I have been reading for quite sometime now but I am not expert technically and so I would like to avoid posting without proper knowledge. On the other hand, there are quite some interesting topic in here, in off topic, in politics, economics and other non bitcoin related threads. I think I can post there comfortably without being an ignorant. That doesnt mean that because I'd like to post in offtopic I am not here for bitcoin. Of course the primary interest is bitcoin and that's what I'm more interested in. For now I just don't think I can contribute something useful on the main threads. Also I would like a clarification regarding posting in off-topics if it's allowed to only post there? I have read the unofficial forum rules but I also read some posters saying this and that which inst found on forum rules so it is very tricky and confusing. It seems there are hidden complicated rules here.

Edit:
Okay I didnt see there's new post before me that answered my question. It's the exact answer I am looking for.
Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: