Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:17:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: merit is GARBAGE  (Read 622 times)
temorkebun (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:25:17 PM

WTF? is this a benefit of merit system?
Such garbage comments get merit, whereas many comments are very useful but do not get any merit.
please answer.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375643.msg4023047#msg4023047

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:58:02 PM
Merited by mprep (1)

The post you linked to is the origin of the HODL meme, and therefore of great cultural and historical significance. If you were active at all in the Bitcoin community, you would understand why. But instead of being part of the community, you're just spamming the forum, no doubt in a futile attempt to increase your rank to make money from signature campaigns later. Your posts are all garbage without exception, and really you ought to be banned for it. Certainly you shouldn't expect to receive merit for the garbage you're posting.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 03:25:32 PM

Such garbage comments get merit, whereas many comments are very useful but do not get any merit.
please answer.

you are a rubbish poster!

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:35:28 PM

please answer.

Would you rather have your posts merited than the one you linked up to? Base on your post history, yours is what we call garbage posts. You mainly posts on the Off-Topic board which has really no relevance to Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies and it just shows how clueless you are about how this forum works.
Better start staying on threads that really matter so that you will realize why such comments even get merited.
covfefe_

Activity: 934
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:53:15 PM

please answer.

You are witnessing the first use of one of the most popular word of 21st century.
ilcapitano

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:02:54 PM

Please stop spamming meta board with un-necessary topic. I found two interesting things after reading your OP and spend a couple of minutes to check some more.
1. Your post history shows that most of your threads are shitty posts.
2. Your discovery is interesting. In the linked threads, there are several Legendary members who abused merit system. I don't know why because Legendary actually don't need merit. I guess they are simply trolling.

My recommendation for you is you should publish your discovery there:
Users that are abusing merit system.

★★★ BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer |BTC & BCH| FAST MIX | API | PGP PROOF | ESCROW ★★★
★ Tor and Clearnet mirrors | Payouts Every 60 seconds | Cheap 2% Service Fee | The Most Advanced Mixer | Discuss More
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 04:28:51 PM

I got caught out by commenting on those merits. My point was that it was a necro award though, and I think that merits should be awarded to new, or at least fairly recent posts or threads.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:49:28 PM

I got caught out by commenting on those merits. My point was that it was a necro award though, and I think that merits should be awarded to new, or at least fairly recent posts or threads.

That should be decided on community members only.
But I think when every nation preserves its  heritage, then it is ok here also.
If article is old it does not mean it is not worthy and merits system is for awarding worthy post.

I am alive
Siryosow

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:55:51 PM

please answer.

Merit is not a garbage but maybe the shitposters. Buddy you should not judge the good system just because someone is abusing it. If you are acting like that, you too becomes a  garbage by being ignorant of handling the truth you discovered from the abusers.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 04:56:10 PM

My point was that it was a necro award though, and I think that merits should be awarded to new, or at least fairly recent posts or threads.

I disagree.  Old posts can be just as valuable as new ones.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Alevira_mox

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:04:36 PM

please answer.

Merit is not a garbage but maybe the shitposters. Buddy you should not judge the good system just because someone is abusing it. If you are acting like that, you too becomes a  garbage by being ignorant of handling the truth you discovered from the abusers.

I can barely understand your English.

Also, 'all hail the good system for it shows us the truth!' - spoken like a true cult leader.

Here's a little advice, don't add informal words like 'buddy' when talking from an authoritarian stance. It just sounds funny  Grin
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 05:06:50 PM

You are garbage. /thread

My point was that it was a necro award though, and I think that merits should be awarded to new, or at least fairly recent posts or threads.
I disagree.  Old posts can be just as valuable as new ones.
This.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 05:12:33 PM

I don't dispute that, and there are some threads that every person with an interest in Bitcoin should read, even if they are a few years old.

I think it comes down to a personal view of the purpose of the merit system. My view is that it was introduced to encourage members to make valuable and useful posts. If this is the case, then awarding merit to members like Satoshi is really just a waste of merit. Also, it is obviously discouraging for some members to see these necro-awards when they aren't getting any awards for their posts.

I don't think that necro-awards are the biggest problem though. Awards given to semi-literate posters for garbled messages just so that they can rank up, and then post more to promote some indifferent sig campaign, are far more of a problem in my opinion.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 06:12:54 PM

In most cases old posts are more valuable than current ones. old scams like piraet, asicminer and labcoin. Posts about the 2011 price rise to 30. Lazlo and the worlds most expensive pizza, mike and the cas coins, max and his first kialara, HODL.. there are many more, but without those posts where would we be today?

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:15:37 PM

please answer.

Things has change and we must adapt even for worst /unfair case as long as most people have no problem with merit system, the system will keep go on or even advance in order to combat spammer for better quality of post.

When I saw old Legendary member got merit, they deserve it !
Pancheng

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:26:31 PM

You have my vote!!!! I wish I could give you merit for this one but I don't have enough quantity. Well giving merit is also based on what the readers feel, sometimes they find it amusing when there is no wrong giving one to the joker isn't it? Some post doesn't have enough quality but they have their own charisma to attract readers to give merit to them.

gscplatform.io ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█▐
galkina

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:14:11 PM

please answer.

Just giving one example which might be an exception. Did you forgot about hundreds of helpful posts being made by members here after the new merit system. Also, there is no point in criticizing the new system as all members have already accepted it and moved on. For instance, it is being used a selection criteria in all the new signature campaigns. However, if you some suggestion to improve this, you are more than welcome.

D E C E N T . C H
        Blockchain Content Distribution Platform       
( ( (   Join Our Telegram @decentch   ) ) )
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 07:16:12 PM

In most cases old posts are more valuable than current ones. old scams like piraet, asicminer and labcoin. Posts about the 2011 price rise to 30. Lazlo and the worlds most expensive pizza, mike and the cas coins, max and his first kialara, HODL.. there are many more, but without those posts where would we be today?

Of course that is true, and part of the reason it is true is that some of those members have left the forum, or only post infrequently.

My point is that merit is for the future, and not for the past, but of course that is just a personal ( and apparently unpopular ) opinion. Smiley

Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:39:32 PM

The true meaning to merit comes when you truly obey contributing quality posts. The merit should be done when the post is really worth giving merit. I do accept that every post we make is worth meriting. But its appreciated and more welcomed when one in 3 posts are really a quality one and the rest is not really spaming ones. Its really possible to make when one really takes time analysing and collecting data needed for the concern post. We can do it guys. Lets support.
guschin

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:09:23 PM

The true meaning to merit comes when you truly obey contributing quality posts. The merit should be done when the post is really worth giving merit. I do accept that every post we make is worth meriting. But its appreciated and more welcomed when one in 3 posts are really a quality one and the rest is not really spaming ones. Its really possible to make when one really takes time analysing and collecting data needed for the concern post. We can do it guys. Lets support.

You are very much right about this especially in case of new members. Newbies just need 10 merit points and they have got 60 posts for this. This means that if they post just one constructive post for every 6 posts, they will make it to next level. In fact, I have seen members getting all 10 merit points for just a single thread/response. This is not that hard to achieve, one just needs to carefully observe the sections and posts getting merits and then replicate the same.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: