Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:39:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you small timers even bother?  (Read 1471 times)
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:19:56 AM

i was looking for a name for my mining company and you just gave me a great one.  Small time mining LLC
ico41

Activity: 82
Merit: 13

Nothing in the cry of cicadas suggests ...

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 06:37:19 AM

Why even bother to mine with a few minres and earn a couple of dollars a day.  Mining is only worth it if you can build a big farm with a lot of capital.  Most of you guys are better off working a regular job and just buying crypto.

False..!
I used to mine some LTC back in 2013..with 3 Radeon 280x .. mined 2 LTC/day for a few months.. So i was getting 4-5$ per day..

Look how much this worth right now...

Ya but the point is you could of spent the time you used on mining to work other jobs or make more cash and buy way more than 2 litecoins a day back then.  So it kind of makes mining pointless for small timers.

Some people mine because they like to tinker with machinery. Like a hobby. It's interesting.  Yeah, we can all go get jobs, cash our paychecks and buy coins.  Wow.  How interesting is that? Not very.

Mining is a project, and if you like to work on computers, it's cool.  It's also good experience for young people, because it's similar to building servers.  If you use Linux, you get to learn an operating system that lots of people don't know much about.

It's like saying to the small family farmer - "Why are you bothering to raise animals on your ten acres of land?  You could go get a job in a factory, make twice as much money and then go visit a petting zoo and visit animals. It sure seems pointless for you to raise your kids on this tiny farm when there's all these amazing companies that own millions of acres of land and feed millions of people. Companies like Monsanto.  Why bother, when there is Monsanto feeding all of us?"

You see how kind of dumb and lifeless this argument starts to sound?

blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:17:17 AM

Why even bother to mine with a few minres and earn a couple of dollars a day.  Mining is only worth it if you can build a big farm with a lot of capital.  Most of you guys are better off working a regular job and just buying crypto.

Because I like the equity in my rigs if all goes to hell. If I buy coin, and all goes to hell, I'm left with nothing.
The Demon Slick

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:02:18 AM

Payouts are half the amount dollar wise and gpu prices are twice as much compared to last year. Yet people are still trying to gpu mine?  There's plenty of bitmain asics that will give better returns.

asic = shit warranty

gpu = good warranty

most of my gear is now gpu due to asic warranty policy

I used to think ASICs were way better but I actually worked out that each one of my 8 gb rx580s gives me the equivalent earnings per day as 2 T/Hs of my bitmain ASICs. I'm small time I guess, but I want coins, and I don't want to pay cash for them. And I enjoy the selection process, reading about coins, selecting coins, targeting coins, and of course, mining coins. And HODLing coins, that too. And watching the prices of coins I have but have no intention of selling. And scouring the interwebs for gpu deals. Hell I guess I like pretty much all of it, even some of the stuff I bitch about sometimes.
Pekine

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:33:01 AM

Like mining is a full time job if you have a few miners. You set it up and it runs. So you can perfectly work normally next to having a couple of rigs. And buy coins that you are not mining.

and not all is about money, you can have fun looking some new things up and learn about new interesting things.
DirtyMiner

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:50:32 AM

This post is sooo true, all you small time miner's should just pack up shop and shut down...spec mining is not worth doing at alll. Period.  Roll Eyes
kjs

Activity: 188
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:52:54 AM

How would you classify a 2000 GPU mine?

2000 GPU is baller.   Grin

I have > 2000 GPU's in action right now Smiley
Tarantula9
Copper Member

Activity: 44

Global CPQ - Enterprise Blockchain CPQ

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 05:24:33 AM

I admit I would like to see higher daily returns on mining, but I think it's fun, and I like the idea that my coins will be worth more some day. Similar to how people reminisce about the good old days when you could easily mine bitcoins, although I don't expect my altcoins to go up as much as bitcoin did, I still think I can pick up a few hundred alt-coins a day and they will be worth significantly more in 1 year.  I suppose it's not for everyone, but I enjoy it.

Global CPQ

Enterprise Blockchain CPQ Pricing Intelligence Software. Bringing crypto to the enterprise.  Enterprise companies are simply not ready for crypto, and Global CPQ is bridging that gap.

Spend Less Time Quoting. More Time Closing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: