Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:22:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPG Issues In Windows?  (Read 685 times)
The00Dustin (OP)

Activity: 807
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 01:23:13 AM

So this quote is from a post that so far seems to be a scam, and I only note that so people don't think I'm linking to it because I'm in on it or something...
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

If you used the Open Source FPGA Bitcoin Mining project as your starting base, I am making you publicly legally aware that that project is covered entirely by the terms of the GNU General Public License. By using any part of the Open Source FPGA Bitcoin Mining project, you must conform to the legal obligations set forth in the GNU GPL. If you do not conform to the legal obligations set forth in the GNU GPL, you will be prosecuted in all applicable legal jurisdictions.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (MingW32)

iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJOJiDFAAoJEFFoGj2A5YKR5uIQAJ6OyAziHZAPpwHzc3RYhy+2
d/p0zGb/+fPQjrjtvGVCai15JL6yC1B4SZgJ584SQNIATl9w16K8994DaI/7Wh+R
uWGzti+E1qI+Z5oJU3K+ku9RwSTL3Bu/aqJgu/csYdibOQO2A4zwAeFSE6mqim/4
DEpfNbUU4Ca1BhR754I+aFHQnY6/3tDhp3U6dl1clDAxs+aTkFRItLdNjlrTUjAW
Tqt9+ei3ZovSK6ceYYOzI84qY5Lh48QVthGAoiGOK3YC/ggtL+JC/1vut3ZGNcy8
1UNhn4LWwLn+gi/A3Ge146SBxBvGDOdXb7SD+6nRlGXFIKKIoAGMW4nzhXbEHXQu
wInXUMnQCaCAmrXLom35+HFBmo7InzWeqPUxDqpW0DpWN6RfufDH8fryIRLdfz9T
BH/PY7QRoZub51B13NEPU1kEv365ADIDgPvribZsF+14wxRO2RGr/JzgBaCQDZEo
1sQnIsNI+iSJm7tqdAxYrDA8t+Bb/+IImTf0K8Vjk4mG+NHhEXxIkVGgh4+Aso0U
AnaTTlY0A0xEXth6H6wkbOKSbNkT+gsSzbWNVT1hFCpzJuUXyHoN3+JvRtnXBzJh
i/No2AFBC6LyAPxzMOwS7QzcmIx1dnebXJ812w6gCB5T/R3Jvtf5JX5TQr698vTy
Es4gk6uQYSR9nFgPCjS6
=QRTV
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
This is the first instance I've seen of PGP/GPG being used in regards to bitcoin, so I figured I'd take the opportunity to ask for a bit of help (perhaps a refresher is all I need, or perhaps someone knows of some issue I'm unaware of).  I haven't used PGP/GPG mu in quite a while.  I just downloaded the latest version (for Windows) with Kleopatra and imported my keyrings, but when I try to verify this I'm told it can't be verified.  I thought when I used it before it would import keys from signatures, but maybe I'm remembering wrong.  Regardless, I can sign a block of text with one of my keys and it fails to verify too.  I was going to create a separate key for bitcoin, but I didn't realize that they have to have e-mail addresses and can't have other types of IDs, but in doing that, I noticed that I can't generate 4096-bit RSA certificates.  That's what some of mine are, and I thought that might be why it can't verify them, but I'm pretty sure WinPT would way back when.  Anyway, another issue I had on Windows once upon a time was that several different tools didn't seem to properly verify files (maybe only large ones, I don't remember), and I never really figured out whether the problem was the tools (md5sum, sha1sum, etc) or Windows itself.  Also, for the record, I have NOT chosen to refresh OpenPGP certificates (I have never submitted my certs online or downloaded certs online, primarily because last time I messed with this stuff there was no open server or it wasn't so simple).  That aid, anyone here have any thoughts regarding this whole scenario?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: