Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:15:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I buy coins that have no developers?  (Read 82 times)
libbounty (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:57:59 PM

I want to know is it important to have developers' identities revealed on their website?  Is buying cons with anonymous developers a good thing?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 09:07:59 PM

Don't buy that's what I will advise even those with developer's identities can become scams.An example is credence coin whose developer's at a point decided to sell off their holdings.So avoid those kinds of coins

trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:08:34 PM

Projects with anonymous developers is different from having no developers.  There still is a developer.  I personally do not own any cryptocurrencies with anonymous developers.  It's not to say I wouldn't consider it.  Some people just don't want to reveal themselves for safety or personal reasons.  
Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:10:24 PM

I don't think that a good project would hide anyone of their team members including developers from public. So if you can't find any developers in a projects team, than it looks suspicious for me. I remind the last SCAM project called Benebit. And they made fake linkedin accounts for their team and took some Indian guys as developes in their team, though those guys didn't have any mention about this project in their profiles. So always check the team in details before investing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: