Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:01:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RaffleBit.com --> High-paced bitcoin raffles for fun!  (Read 2687 times)
coingenuity (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 01:38:32 AM

http://www.RaffleBit.com: The premier high-paced Bitcoin raffle venue, designed to accommodate as much as 1,800BTC raffled off: in one day! By limiting the amount of tickets available in any given raffle, RaffleBit.com is able to ensure that the small buy-in players always have fair odds, while there are still plenty of raffles every day for the big fish to make stable returns. This means that all players have a fair shot at winning raffles, and earning substantial Bitcoin, no matter the size of your BTC wallet!

By keeping the total pot size relatively small, you won't have to wait for weeks on end just to see if you've won something. You also have better odds of winning, and are able to play as many times a day as you want.

--> Buy-in is 0.1BTC, payout is anywhere from 5 up to 25 BTC per raffle.

--> All tickets & payouts verified on blockexplorer as links directly from the raffle page

--> AJAX user interface for watching the raffle progress live

--> Automatic winner selection and payout

--> Integrated random.org random number generation

--> Jackpot progress display

--> Total tickets bought display

--> Live transaction feed

Our winners are selected by listening to the random electromagnetic signals generated by the earth's atmosphere, converting that radio noise into a string of numbers, and grabbing one. In a way, you could say that we don't pick the winners at all: it's aliens/God/the sun/a black hole/psychic willpower.
http://www.random.org/statistics/

The first step is helping me beta test the system. Just point your browser to http://www.RaffleBit.com and play some tiny raffles. For load testing purposes, the raffles are set at a 0.1BTC buy-in and a payout of .5-2.5BTC right now, so it'll be even more fast paced than normal.

TBD:
-Ticket crediting via total btc sent per raffle instead of total 0.1btc entries per raffle
-Scalable DB system to support the above

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 02:35:40 AM

Our winners are selected by listening to the random electromagnetic signals generated by the earth's atmosphere, converting that radio noise into a string of numbers, and grabbing one. In a way, you could say that we don't pick the winners at all: it's aliens/God/the sun/a black hole/psychic willpower.
I'm not sure what post you are going to reply to so I'll ask it here too!

The key part was *grabbing one*. Until people can verify, no matter how random the data, you can grab whatever one you want until its good for you. I'm sure you are trying to run an honest game, but until that number is beyond your control and the method picking the winner, you could easily make yourself win and no one would suspect anything for a pretty long time.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
coingenuity (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 02:48:19 AM

I'm not sure what post you are going to reply to so I'll ask it here too!

The key part was *grabbing one*. Until people can verify, no matter how random the data, you can grab whatever one you want until its good for you. I'm sure you are trying to run an honest game, but until that number is beyond your control and the method picking the winner, you could easily make yourself win and no one would suspect anything for a pretty long time.

The raffle system would have to be modified pretty heavily. As I've designed it, the raffle is not able to be subverted in any way, and the games move so quickly that a scam-style RaffleBit would be nixed by the BTC community very quickly. Rounds are designed to sell out over the course of a few hours. If 2k people a day were paying attention, the system would get a bad reputation really quickly, and stop being used!

Grin

bitlotto

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 02:56:14 AM

As I've designed it, the raffle is not able to be subverted in any way, and the games move so quickly that a scam-style RaffleBit would be nixed by the BTC community very quickly. Rounds are designed to sell out over the course of a few hours. If 2k people a day were paying attention, the system would get a bad reputation really quickly, and stop being used!
 Grin
You can subvert it. I bet you could take thousands and thousands of dollars worth of BTC before anyone would suspect something was up with your picking method. The more popular it is, the easier it is to continue taking money without anyone suspecting anything. Everyone is anonymous. It's to be expected that the winners are unknown.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
anthony_

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 03:15:25 AM

As I've designed it, the raffle is not able to be subverted in any way, and the games move so quickly that a scam-style RaffleBit would be nixed by the BTC community very quickly. Rounds are designed to sell out over the course of a few hours. If 2k people a day were paying attention, the system would get a bad reputation really quickly, and stop being used!
 Grin
You can subvert it. I bet you could take thousands and thousands of dollars worth of BTC before anyone would suspect something was up with your picking method. The more popular it is, the easier it is to continue taking money without anyone suspecting anything. Everyone is anonymous. It's to be expected that the winners are unknown.

Well, you could just look at random.org's data yourself?
bitlotto

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 03:18:52 AM

Everyone will get a different number.

TOR2WEB
coingenuity (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 03:46:19 AM

Yeah, I've looked into it and there's no way of doing lookups on random.org generation history. I'll continue to work on scalable solutions that don't involve using a semi-random block method, or a lotto-number-matching system. As it is, the random.org works great and it'd be nice to see some activity Smiley

anthony_

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 03:52:29 AM

Yeah, I've looked into it and there's no way of doing lookups on random.org generation history. I'll continue to work on scalable solutions that don't involve using a semi-random block method, or a lotto-number-matching system. As it is, the random.org works great and it'd be nice to see some activity Smiley

You could just dump out the hash of a PRNG seed then after each round give them the actual seed.

see void srand($seed)
anthony_

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 10:03:14 AM

Just throwing in a little bump, needs some more entries for the current round!
coingenuity (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 11:34:54 AM

You could just dump out the hash of a PRNG seed then after each round give them the actual seed.

see void srand($seed)

Excellent approach, I'll look into something along those lines.

coingenuity (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 12:04:55 PM

It's worth mentioning that the first few beta rounds went off with a hitch or two, but some crucial bugs in the code got worked out. So far, the system's working pretty well. I've got a few revisions in mind, but I'll be toiling away to improve the app and we should be out of beta, and in to full 5-25BTC rounds, pretty soon!

http://www.RaffleBit.com - it's fun!

coingenuity (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2011, 12:18:43 PM

Alright, folks! Got a few things added to the http://www.RaffleBit.com system. We now have proof-of-honesty, where each raffle's winners are picked before the raffle starts and hashed, then released. When the jackpot is paid, the original string is released and the honesty of the match can be verified.

Also added a pot-splitting feature. Now, 1st place wins 60%, 2nd wins 25%, 3rd wins 15%. Everybody wins Smiley

So far, we've had quite a few BTC run through the system, and it seems to be functioning well. Many bugs have been squashed, and much progress has been made. Thanks for your help and patience, and we hope you continue having fun playing RaffleBit!

hashmaker

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 07:48:07 PM

We have updated the pot size to help finish off the beta process. The pot sizes were to small creating rounds that were to fast and not well balanced.

New pot size varies from 1-5 btc.

Have fun playing.
hashmaker

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 05:56:38 AM

We spotted a couple of more bugs and got them fixed.

Currently pot varies from 1-5 BTC.

Beta is coming along smoothly, thanks for the help.

www.rafflebit.com

Go win some Cheesy
coingenuity (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 07:57:39 PM

Things are going well for RaffleBit! Lots of BTC payouts, and awesome new features added to the system like a custom hash function for truth verifications with an amazing salt. Come check it out, the pots are getting bigger!

http://www.RaffleBit.com

coingenuity (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 10:09:05 AM

Congrats to our last round's winners on http://www.RaffleBit.com!!! Payouts for last round were .89, .53, and a whopping 2.14BTC to our first place winner! Current pot size is 1BTC, with exactly 50% of tickets left for sale this round. Get in now, it's gonna be a fast one!

hashmaker

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 11:17:19 PM

Current round has been a quick one with 80% of the shares already bought. Not that many left if you still want to get your chance to win!
hashmaker

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 07:49:52 PM

Congrats to the winners from the round that ended this morning.

The next round is already underway, get in why you can and play the odds!

Good Luck!
bitlotto

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2011, 03:14:39 PM

I'm not sure I get what your hashing thing does. It appears you are picking a certain ticket such as the 5th ticket to win but hashing it? Then, when the 5th ticket wins you are releasing what the original text says?

TOR2WEB
coingenuity (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 03:08:51 AM

http://www.rafflebit.com/faq.php

When a round starts, the 3 winners of that round are chosen. The source of the winning ticket numbers is random.org, which uses ambient atmospheric signals to generate random numbers. The winning tickets are converted to a tiger192,4 hash, and the winning ticket string for the last round released after it ends. This enables you, the user, to verify that we, the operators, aren't monkeying around!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: