Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:50:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad  (Read 148375 times)
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:07:04 PM

who cares. there are good saying and negative sayings for crypto market. it was always like this. but it is obvious that blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies have a great future.
in our opinion the word has no effect, for new investors starting in this business are very affected and they must think more advanced than before that. the crypto civilization is better each year a very clear situation already exists in the market as strong evidence convincing investors

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
winterrose

Activity: 619
Merit: 352

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:27:13 PM

There was a research on how much money is laundered through cryptocurrencies and it was said that the percentage is very small. I don't fully agree that anonymity is bad.
Jadz

Activity: 222
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:33:38 PM

That's good, when such persons like Bill, talk about crypto. At the same time, it doesn’t matter what he says, our sphere is still evolving.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:50:33 PM

I think this all theater for us with you. I'm sure he holds a lot of bitcoins and buys them at a very low price now. Because he knows that there will be a phase of growth and the price will be much higher.

Why do you think so? He is one of the richest billionaires today, buying Bitcoin to make money I think is impossible for him, when he is focusing on supporting poor and developing countries
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2019, 09:22:42 PM

That's good, when such persons like Bill, talk about crypto. At the same time, it doesn’t matter what he says, our sphere is still evolving.

Yes, no matter what he says, and so strange that he says so. When his company has a lot of partnerships with multi-projects. It seems to me that he does not want ordinary people to own a part of these projects, therefore he makes such statements!  Cool

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
Boinkit

Activity: 386
Merit: 178

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 10:08:07 PM

In my opinion, the crypto-money technology is not bad, but the crypto world feels the need to develop. The daily use of crypto money technology continues to increase. We will see promising developments by the end of 2019. It also has new projects on Microsoft blockchain technology. Bill Gates will see if he lives enough that he is wrong.
BTCreward

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 10:51:32 PM

I don't think you should listen to him. He is undoubtedly a clever man, but manipulation has not been canceled.

powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 11:46:31 PM

Bill gates could change his mind like Jamie Dimon did and launched the JP coin. Many blockchain experts already working for Google so I would not be surprised anymore if that happens.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
Krium project

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 05:39:18 AM

IN Malta they are working hard to regulate the cryptocurrencies, we have had the opportunity to participate in the Blockchain summit of November 2018. There will be solutions to all this.
It is right that the projects are developed with seriousness. It is very expensive to regulate a cryptocurrency, but this can be financed in the pre-sale of a cryptocurrency or an ico.
juchin

Activity: 290
Merit: 10

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 06:33:54 AM

There are many popular persons or big foundations have said many bad things about this market but behind that, they are buying Bitcoins with a big quantity

VasyaPupkin

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 06:41:02 AM

Seems like Bill Gates is a bit out of touch with the use case of most coins and tokens. In a way he's right that there's not much legitimate use at the moment besides hoping for price increase. But soon the tokens will begin to play a role in many people's life and we will see broad adoption.
He is half right while all this looks like a big deception of many investors and it gets worse every year, but it’s worth changing the mechanism and development vector and he will be surprised.

dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 07:16:06 AM

Everyone has his own opinion and chooses what he likes, based on some knowledge or experience. In this case, he does not like anonymity. I disagree with that. Now all our operations are monitored by state services. Cryptocurrency allows us to be anonymous and I like it
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 07:27:56 AM

Who is Bill Gates?does he helped cryptocurrency ever since?is he the one who can tell the investors what to do?lol we are different area from what that stupid known in life so he has no rights in everything that discusses crypto and if there’s bad in here?that is his word towards our community
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 08:44:24 AM

Who is Bill Gates?does he helped cryptocurrency ever since?is he the one who can tell the investors what to do?lol we are different area from what that stupid known in life so he has no rights in everything that discusses crypto and if there’s bad in here?that is his word towards our community
I think it's just the opinion of outsiders, do not to be angry about someone's opinion. yeah even though the effect of they words is certainly quite large. but you're right, he's not credible about crypto, the domain of Microsoft and blockchain or crypto is different, so he shouldn't say that, if he doesn't know
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 09:28:15 AM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

We don't know what's in the mind of Bill gates. Always remember that He is one of the tycoon businessman in the world.
He may said it because it is one of His strategy to get more profit, since He knew that He has a capability to convince others, so once the market get down or dump, He can have a chance to buy a huge of it. This is only for my opinion because He is a businessman.
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:16:25 AM

There are different forms of stakeholders. Some are more concerned about fiat, because they have stake in it and on the other way, some about digital currency, such as cryptocurrency. Well, no one knows the agenda of Bill Gate as regards this view or opinion of hs. I will not be surprised if he is looking for ways in which he can buy bitcoin most especially at a very cheap price and later sell high, by coming up to support again. Also, his mission can be somewhat different, so i am just assuming.
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:21:31 AM

I think there are different opinions of known people about cryptocurrency. If someone says it is bad well then it is by her own understanding, remember it is not just one people whom you listens, because there are also some who says cryptocurrency is good that is more influencial than bill gates. I think we just should respect each other's opinion.
Bravext
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:30:59 AM

If I can remember correctly, the CEO is JP Morgan also said the same thing when he didn't know the technology behind it but now that he has done a deeper search, he is now a believer. There is also a rumour that Facebook is developing something similar
Chemcrier
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

IMO Exchange - Customer First.

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:32:35 AM

To be honest, it is quite disappointing to heard this kind of thing from a man who has contributed so much to the advancement of technology, now he has seen an advanced technology and the product built on it is bad? His opinion doesn't matter to me though.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 12:45:54 PM

There are different forms of stakeholders. Some are more concerned about fiat, because they have stake in it and on the other way, some about digital currency, such as cryptocurrency. Well, no one knows the agenda of Bill Gate as regards this view or opinion of hs. I will not be surprised if he is looking for ways in which he can buy bitcoin most especially at a very cheap price and later sell high, by coming up to support again. Also, his mission can be somewhat different, so i am just assuming.
In a way maybe you’re right as most of the whales are creating Fud and misinformation just to bring the prices drops and they will take this opportunity to purchase from more cheaper value

And Bill Gates being computer expert?i think he knows the innermost idea of how to profit in this popular virtual money
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: