Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:59:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Trivia: PAST and FUTURE  (Read 145 times)
qwertysungit (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:44:57 AM

Do you know that in the early years of Bitcoin more than 9 out of 10 financial experts in the world recognized it as an absolutely hopeless means of payment? However, for almost 10 years this cryptocurrency continues not only to improve constantly, but also to beat new records for its value. But if to think about it, what interesting things do we know about Bitcoin?

Bitcoin appeared in 2008 and its creator is Satoshi Nakamoto. Interestingly that it is still unknown who is this person, or a group of mysterious experts. The most likely version is that the creator of this cryptocurrency is an American of Japanese origin whose name is Dorian Nakamoto, but actually this option has not received reliable evidence.

As you know, the maximum number of Bitcoins is limited to 21 million coins. For today more than half of this number has been produced - the algorithm for the extraction is becoming more and more complex and reduces the total number of created coins every few years. It is believed that the last Bitcoin will be mined only in 2140.

The first million of BTC was mined by Satoshi Nakamoto and many experts think that it still belongs to him. Many curious users are trying to find the purses of Nakamoto to get on the trail of its creator, but no-one has managed to do this.

Only 36% of all Bitcoin coins was marked in any transactions and payment transactions. All the remaining coins, about 64% of their total number have never been used. Users are likely holding them with the expectation of an even greater increase in BTC cost.

Of course, these are not all the interesting facts about cryptocurrency and bitcoin! Throughout the history of the existence of this cryptocurrency there was still a huge number of significant and interesting events!

And maybe you can add to these facts something interesting? Waiting for your stories in the comments!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:50:03 AM

But did you know that 9 out of 10 users of the darknet still see BTC as the best cryptocurrency to use for buting and selling drugs?

Did you also know that 9 out of 10 financial "experts" are not experts in cryptocurrencies and their underlying technology?
joshua10

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:54:51 AM

This is a good question but I do not have a clear answer for the question that only my future can answer because I know that my future is good bitcoin. but the past I could not answer because I did not have a clear answer for it

cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:51:15 AM

Can you prove that the first million coins were all mined by Satoshi? That's just speculation and isn't based on fact.

Also, fun fact, Bitcoin's total supply isn't exactly 21 Million, it's just a lot easier to say than 20,999,999.98 (I don't know if that's the exact number since I'm going off of memory here).

The real information is hard to find but the dumbed down info is plastered everywhere, which is honestly an issue IMO. People just don't understand the fundamentals that they're investing in at this point. Lots of newbies barely even understand how a transaction works and/or who is mining blocks!
thr3

Activity: 77
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:09:33 AM

But did you know that 9 out of 10 users of the darknet still see BTC as the best cryptocurrency to use for buting and selling drugs?

9/10 of these are moving to Monero and fast. Bitcoin is no longer an option economically and also from a privacy standpoint.
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:26:43 AM

I will only answer based on my short experienced on bitcoin business, for the past history of bitcoin it is really true that it is likely worthless with a very small amount of value on which only few people are interested to access, but when several time past by and when bitcoin price become very expensive in terms of the total value, we also noticed that bitcoin become popular and there are few television news about bitcoin business and there's also some advises from government being stated.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:56:15 AM

Did you also know that 9 out of 10 financial "experts" are not experts in cryptocurrencies and their underlying technology?
I agree with you but I don't think this matter as bitcoin don't need the adoption of financial expert before now and we can all testified were it has get to. Before bitcoin was discovered most of this vices has been existing. I believe it is not bitcoin that need to be shot down before people will stop doing money laundry and fraud, using bitcoin to push drug.  Rether this problem has been with us and we can actually make used of the opposite side of it that is we can used bitcoin to purchase goods and services and it can services as medium of exchange for good and services including storing of values.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:28:31 AM

Can you prove that the first million coins were all mined by Satoshi? That's just speculation and isn't based on fact.

Also, fun fact, Bitcoin's total supply isn't exactly 21 Million, it's just a lot easier to say than 20,999,999.98 (I don't know if that's the exact number since I'm going off of memory here).

The real information is hard to find but the dumbed down info is plastered everywhere, which is honestly an issue IMO. People just don't understand the fundamentals that they're investing in at this point. Lots of newbies barely even understand how a transaction works and/or who is mining blocks!
Another real information in addition to that is that those newbies invested into bitcoin because they think they will get rich quick when they invested in bitcoin, and that will be the case so long as this current bullish trend continues. Also, another fun fact is that bitcoin is seen not as a currency anymore but it is seen as an asset by most, since they bought it with the intent to profit from their investment into it.
Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:24:07 AM

Bitcoin has a lot of pros and cons. So does a lot of things which are useful too. If drugs taken in specific amounts can cure diseases but misusing those same drugs can lead to destruction of ones self. It is we who should use bitcoin for what it was created, an that is for the convenience of the people and have compete authority over their money!
Nhebu

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:57:26 AM

Bitcoin already prove that it has a real value that no one can imagine 9 years ago. The appearance of bitcoin change the history of payment and probably, soon it will be the next means of exchange rather than fiat.
It is true that the invention of bitcoin is really amazing! And as of now, I can't imagine that we are currently experiencing the integration of technology in our daily life because even the means of payment can undergo in BTC.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:29:58 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 10:42:31 AM by odolvlobo

This is a meaningless statistic: "more than 9 out of 10 financial experts in the world recognized it as an absolutely hopeless means of payment". Where did you get it? Did you just make it up?

I can't take you seriously when you write "The most likely version is that the creator of this cryptocurrency is ... Dorian Nakamoto."

This is wrong: "the algorithm for the extraction is becoming more and more complex and reduces the total number of created coins every few years." The algorithm is not becoming more complex. It is exactly the same now as it was at the beginning.

This is also inaccurate: "The first million of BTC was mined by Satoshi Nakamoto". There were many others that were mining since the beginning.

I don't understand what this means: "Many curious users are trying to find the purses of Nakamoto ...". What are they looking for? Where are they looking?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Notcalculator

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:39:27 AM

im not sure how true those are, but if it is, it's interesting that those "experts" dint see any potential in bitcoin. It gives me a sense that, you cant really trust what anyone is saying when it comes to its potential and future. A lot of people who come from an economic background disagrees with btc. I guess it takes a lot of understanding of what happens behind the scenes to see potential in crypto.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Jerald

Activity: 293
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:01:49 AM

I have a bit of knowledge about the bitcoin history I tell you about, first bitcoin is just one of these small groups of which is far less popular than most but now it is the one of all cryptocurrency and is already this is known to many.
qwertysungit (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:51:33 PM

This is a meaningless statistic: "more than 9 out of 10 financial experts in the world recognized it as an absolutely hopeless means of payment". Where did you get it? Did you just make it up?

I can't take you seriously when you write "The most likely version is that the creator of this cryptocurrency is ... Dorian Nakamoto."

This is wrong: "the algorithm for the extraction is becoming more and more complex and reduces the total number of created coins every few years." The algorithm is not becoming more complex. It is exactly the same now as it was at the beginning.

This is also inaccurate: "The first million of BTC was mined by Satoshi Nakamoto". There were many others that were mining since the beginning.

I don't understand what this means: "Many curious users are trying to find the purses of Nakamoto ...". What are they looking for? Where are they looking?
As I said it was all trivia, I'll just mix some knowledge about bitcoins past and in the future also. So IMO I don't care if you believe about this I just wanna share some words that are giving some hints. This not all fuds, I'll do research also that are nearest meaning about bitcoins. Thanks for commenting in this post, I actually praised.
RIP ENGLISH
fokinlipat

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:03:24 PM

Do you know that in the early years of Bitcoin more than 9 out of 10 financial experts in the world recognized it as an absolutely hopeless means of payment? However, for almost 10 years this cryptocurrency continues not only to improve constantly, but also to beat new records for its value. But if to think about it, what interesting things do we know about Bitcoin?

Bitcoin appeared in 2008 and its creator is Satoshi Nakamoto. Interestingly that it is still unknown who is this person, or a group of mysterious experts. The most likely version is that the creator of this cryptocurrency is an American of Japanese origin whose name is Dorian Nakamoto, but actually this option has not received reliable evidence.

As you know, the maximum number of Bitcoins is limited to 21 million coins. For today more than half of this number has been produced - the algorithm for the extraction is becoming more and more complex and reduces the total number of created coins every few years. It is believed that the last Bitcoin will be mined only in 2140.

The first million of BTC was mined by Satoshi Nakamoto and many experts think that it still belongs to him. Many curious users are trying to find the purses of Nakamoto to get on the trail of its creator, but no-one has managed to do this.

In the year 2008, I was in my 3rd year of college and I never heard about bitcoins till 2017. In 2017 when bitcoin started touching levels like $10000 or so, media in my country started reporting news related to this.

I have only one regret about bitcoins. I used to do some freelance online work in 2006 when I joined college. If I would have continued it, I would have some payment in bitcoins and it would have changed my life. Now I charge for some of the services in bitcoins but I guess I am very late now.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:05:57 PM

Cause they are experts in spreading FUD's and fake news, though they are so-called financial experts did not mean they are experts in cryptocurrencies, this thing is almost an entirely different world for them because if they are going to study it they will quite disagree with cryptocurrency as they are not used to it through its whole functionality that will be a potential threat for their careers when it comes to central banking if failed to adapt.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:30:18 PM

This is a good question but I do not have a clear answer for the question that only my future can answer because I know that my future is good bitcoin. but the past I could not answer because I did not have a clear answer for it
I also have some similar kind of feelings because I came to know very much late about the crypto currency and bitcoin and in the beginning it was really a lot for me to handle or to digest but soon I got it and started reading about it on this platform and got all my doubts cleared. So I could not get much of the profit in the past but in the future I am sure that I am going to get good profits as the price has already been on the inclined.
hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:02:59 PM

Bitcoin is really a very great and interesting crypto currency which has reach great height in its value in very few years. One of its interesting fact I would like to mention is about its average mining everyday. I think every one here will be curious to know about it. The answer is approx. 3600 Bitcoins are mined every day all over the world. This is really a huge value in money generated everyday. Just think.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: