Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:02:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a crypto beginner?  (Read 770 times)
darmawan_lasuara

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:17:21 PM

when I just started trading, I wrongly put a price and it really makes me lose .. it's a bit of my experience, hopefully the bitcoiner or the traders do not experience the same thing ..

thank you
I hope you are fine sir. Hopefully this incident will not happen again to you, me and other beginners.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TerezaMay

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:58:55 PM

Thank you man for the tips, 2 out of 4 errors already did, but it's in fact one error because i accidentally deleted metamask extension and all my not saved keys go to hell Shocked
Gracechen17

Activity: 367
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:01:13 PM

Are you new at crytpo and you seem to be making mistakes left and right?

Not to worry. A big part of the learning experience are the mistakes we make as newbies while still finding our feet.

Some are hilarious while others can have devastating consequences. But, all these common mistakes can be easily avoided with a little research.

Here are a few of those:

1. Lost Keys

It is different from forgetting your password or your pin where you can request to reset your pin or have it sent to your email address. There is no customer care for the blockchain and no way to recover your key if you lose it. Be sure to keep this secure at all times.

2. Keeping Coins in Online Wallets

Most newbies after signing up with an exchange service and purchasing their first cryptocurrencies neglect to take them out of the exchanger’s website. Again, this is another case of ignorance, laziness or a combination of both. Be on the look out for this.

3. Not Keeping Hard Copies of Important Information

Very simple yet very effective. Make sure to keep hard copies of everything.

4. Fat-finger Error

Fat-finger error can be defined as a human error that occurs when the wrong key is pressed on a computer (or smartphone) keyboard. Some of the most calamitous trading errors ever recorded in the financial market has been due to fat-finger errors. So type very very carefully.

So there you have it.  Be sure to take a good read and be aware of these easily avoidable common mistakes.

Cryptocurrency transactions are irreversible and as such, the onus is on the user to carry out due diligence before carrying out any transaction.
Thanks for the tips and guidelines. Though i already been informed about these i still have to be reminded. Sometimes human limited capabilities forgets and it is a serious matter to be neglected. Imagine you’ve work for 2-3 months and waited to get paid or invest your hard earned money and just lost them because of negligence.   
connorord

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:39:08 AM

im beginner learning to invesment in some coin can make good profit, need to know what best website review about crypto ?
taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:16:17 AM

I have never made mistakes on crypto before as i do much research before initiating anything...
fundyourself (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

Find Funds & Talents - www.fundyourselfnow.com

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:59:49 AM

Thank you man for the tips, 2 out of 4 errors already did, but it's in fact one error because i accidentally deleted metamask extension and all my not saved keys go to hell Shocked

With pleasure! Hoping this article will help a lot more beginners as we can never be too careful. And it doesn't hurt to get constant reminders as well.

FundYourselfNow
Revolutionizing CrowdfundingLearn More!

Nik007

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:48:39 AM

As a beginner i can relate to the first one
Turagsoy02

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:54:28 PM

Not to worry. A big part of the learning experience are the mistakes we make as newbies while still finding our feet.

Some are hilarious while others can have devastating consequences. But, all these common mistakes can be easily avoided with a little research.

Here are a few of those:

1. Lost Keys

It is different from forgetting your password or your pin where you can request to reset your pin or have it sent to your email address. There is no customer care for the blockchain and no way to recover your key if you lose it. Be sure to keep this secure at all times.

Most newbies after signing up with an exchange service and purchasing their first cryptocurrencies neglect to take them out of the exchanger’s website. Again, this is another case of ignorance, laziness or a combination of both. Be on the look out for this.

4. Fat-finger Error

Fat-finger error can be defined as a human error that occurs when the wrong key is pressed on a computer (or smartphone) keyboard. Some of the most calamitous trading errors ever recorded in the financial market has been due to fat-finger errors. So type very very carefully.

So there you have it.  Be sure to take a good read and be aware of these easily avoidable common mistakes.

Cryptocurrency transactions are irreversible and as such, the onus is on the user to carry out due diligence before carrying out any transaction.

thanks will keep this in mind Smiley
alexsnz

Activity: 79

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 09:15:31 AM

I am also a Newbie, here security plays a very important role. Therefore, to start buying crypto currency, you first need to know how to protect it and protect yourself.
I very much regret that I did not learn about the Crypto currency in 2013-2016.
phantuanvu007

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:06:54 PM

I usually do not do enough steps above thank you Grin Grin
Elena.Rybakova28

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 03:25:43 PM

which wallet is more suitable and easy to store coins?
alexsnz

Activity: 79

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 08:46:01 PM

which wallet is more suitable and easy to store coins?
https://www.myetherwallet.com/
jerryspringer

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:41:12 PM

Is it safe to store my tokens on metamask or should i put it on mew? I kinda like the convinience on metamask
fundyourself (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:28:36 AM

Appreciate the responses we get here. If you have any other helpful tips, please feel free to add to this.

FundYourselfNow

manik1996

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:53:35 AM

Thanks your details information for the beginner, I think maybe help all beginner this post.

1. Lost Keys

johnhobb

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:14:56 AM

it's very helpful, thanks for your information
fundyourself (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:53:35 AM

Though making some mistakes is part of the learning curve, I believe, being informed is also the best way to learn.

FundYourselfNow

nguyenthicamtu

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:13:28 AM

Here are a few of those:

1. Lost Keys

4. Fat-finger Error

I just lost my Qbic coin in my window wallet but I don't know why reason. Someone  entered my wallet and sent all my coin out.  Embarrassed Embarrassed
itsmesanti

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:35:41 AM

Hello may i know what is the best and secured wallet to use as a beginner?
SuiMikira

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:53:36 AM

Hello may i know what is the best and secured wallet to use as a beginner?
I'm newbie, for now i'm using Metamask and MEW for ETH and ERC20 tokens, they're good and used by milion people. You can try, also get a good antivirus app to protect yourself. Don't get fish.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: