Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:19:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive  (Read 478605 times)
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 07:06:12 AM

Is there a conclusion we should make form that Cryptsy mess?

Everyone decided to change the subject and/or leave the room just as it seemed we were about to hit paydirt. Then again.. who knows as the layers of deciet seemingly have no end.

Despite this being a very interesting subject, especially considering the current state of Cryptsy, are there any implications for the HBN user? I have only followed the "investment journal" so far, that ended up with tokyoghetto getting involved in promotion of some scam? Was it HYPER or something? And then he disappeared, just like the said hobo seemingly disappeared. I have no doubt these people have endless identities (sometimes I feel there are like 10 users on this site altogether), but I doubt they stay with the cow if some milking has been done, so we should be clear I'd say.

HYPER wasn't a scam, it's still around with a lot of support.

Excuse me, I meant allegations, which may as well be false

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PressF1

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 08:01:46 AM

In light of all the trouble cryptsy is having I suggest that we get hobonickels on more than one exchange. Is anybody working on this?

It already is on another (cryptopia) but hardly anyone is trading there. I tried, and it worked well enough for whenever Cryptsy fails. I must say though, trading at cryptsy for over 2 years that, yes, they cause me some headache every now and then but never failed to get me my coins. Ever. Eventually.

I agree with you PF1, but recently it does seem to have gotten worse.  I have now 2 pending withdrawals, working on 2 weeks.

We can try to get on another bigger exchange.  Let discuss and aim for one. I will do my best to grease the skids, but we will need a target it together as a community if we want to stand a chance.

Which one?  Bittrix?

It's gotten worse indeed, no denying there. And a bigger exchange would be great. I help pushing whichever one is decided upon. And will take my trades there too if we succeed.

HBN & CAP: F1PressF1PCxEyESGk6Fe1om1RfiHqX5gg
HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 08:16:23 AM

Also, I wanted to report a 0.1B/year explorer in case of need
https://www.blockexperts.com/#services

panpine

Activity: 277
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:29:10 PM

Does Hobonickels have a Twitter account?

HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 03:28:46 PM

Does Hobonickels have a Twitter account?

Only this one: https://twitter.com/hobonickels_jp

Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:13:51 PM

Poloniex or Bittrex would be nice.  Only thing I do not like about Bittrex is how quickly they drop coins if the trading volume slows for any length of time.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:12:35 PM

Poloniex or Bittrex would be nice.  Only thing I do not like about Bittrex is how quickly they drop coins if the trading volume slows for any length of time.
Ya I would put my vote out there for Poloniex before Bittrex and not because I don't like Bittrex I do love that exchange but like Hilux said they tend to delist coins pretty quickly if the trading volume doesn't stay up there.

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 11:03:54 PM

So what do we do now? start a fund? I have no idea who to bribe Sad

cryptmebro

Activity: 786

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:58:29 PM

Ya I would put my vote out there for Poloniex before Bittrex and not because I don't like Bittrex I do love that exchange but like Hilux said they tend to delist coins pretty quickly if the trading volume doesn't stay up there.

My thoughts as wellm
a_cat_named_joe

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:18:28 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 12:47:44 AM by a_cat_named_joe

I think we should be calm and proceed in a measured way. Most HoboNickels holders keep their main stash intact and only occasionally siphon off a proportion of their POS interest. This doesn't normally constitute a great amount. That is why the price has held. HoboNickels are valued and stored away.

For that moderate HBN volume, Cryptopia is a good, stable exchange. It has had HBN listed there for quite some time now https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/. OK the volume of HBN there is not great, but whose fault is that? I like Cryptopia because it is not based in the United States and is less prone to regulatory turbulence. As an example of that turbulence, as from August 2015, Poloniex cannot process trades from anyone resident in the State of New York. US regulation could get worse.

Why don't we try the Chinese-based exchange bitebi9  www.bitebi9.com/
Thundertoe has been successful in getting Tekcoin listed there. bitebi9 is a new start up company within the Bao Luo Technology Company Ltd., Dalian, China. They might like HBN on their books too.

Chinese CNY is the only fiat currency on bitebi9, but apparently you can buy BTC cheaper there than you can in the West. The exchange looks like a Cryptsy subsidiary. I wonder whether this is a planned Cryptsy move? Maybe other US exchanges will be forced relocate due to the increasing pressures from the banking sector.

Another exchange I have used and can recommend is https://yobit.net/en/  I think Yobit is based in Russia, but I'm not sure. Like Cryptopia, Yobit processes transactions quickly. A refreshing change from Cryptsy. And then again, Cryptsy hasn't folded yet. According to Paul Vernon it is still working hard to resolve outstanding issues. Cryptsy could bound back stronger than ever.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 01:16:13 AM

I think we should be calm and proceed in a measured way. Most HoboNickels holders keep their main stash intact and only occasionally siphon off a proportion of their POS interest. This doesn't normally constitute a great amount. That is why the price has held. HoboNickels are valued and stored away.

For that moderate HBN volume, Cryptopia is a good, stable exchange. It has had HBN listed there for quite some time now https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/. OK the volume of HBN there is not great, but whose fault is that? I like Cryptopia because it is not based in the United States and is less prone to regulatory turbulence. As an example of that turbulence, as from August 2015, Poloniex cannot process trades from anyone resident in the State of New York. US regulation could get worse.

Why don't we try the Chinese-based exchange bitebi9  www.bitebi9.com/
Thundertoe has been successful in getting Tekcoin listed there. bitebi9 is a new start up company within the Bao Luo Technology Company Ltd., Dalian, China. They might like HBN on their books too.

Chinese CNY is the only fiat currency on bitebi9, but apparently you can buy BTC cheaper there than you can in the West. The exchange looks like a Cryptsy subsidiary. I wonder whether this is a planned Cryptsy move? Maybe other US exchanges will be forced relocate due to the increasing pressures from the banking sector.

Another exchange I have used and can recommend is https://yobit.net/en/  I think Yobit is based in Russia, but I'm not sure. Like Cryptopia, Yobit processes transactions quickly. A refreshing change from Cryptsy. And then again, Cryptsy hasn't folded yet. According to Paul Vernon it is still working hard to resolve outstanding issues. Cryptsy could bound back stronger than ever.

Yes... Many exchanges review the trading volume regularly. The volume in HBN is unlikely to be large in the forseeable future. Best to take enough time to get onto a couple of stable exchanges, and continue to monitor exchange requirements. BTER has been around a while and does distinguish between new/small/large coins.
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:15:01 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 07:41:38 PM by mmfiore

I guess I will go for Poloniex as well.

I would like to see both Hobonickles and Bottlecaps added there as well. I have a good amount of each. I wish I knew why Cryptsy is doing this? It seems deliberate as any coin that has a high volume on other exchanges seems to have the same trouble with withdrawal or has mysteriously gone into the maintenance mode. It appears to me that they have closed all avenues of escape if you want to convert your alt coin to btc you are left with very limited options.
1. What coins that are still working have only a small volume on other exchanges.
2. Or their prices are significantly lower than cryptsy price which means you will incur a large loss if you buy the coin and sell it on another exchange.
3. Some people have tried withdrawing very small amounts of btc .01 at a time. But if you do this you will get clobbered with excessive withdrawal fee that Cryptsy just implemented.

Another example of something that looks bad is I got most of my btc out by converting to Earthcoin and then sending it to my wallet. I did it late at night at 1 am. AS I was doing this in large buys of earthcoin which I then immediately withdrew the captcha part of the withdrawal process suddenly switched modes. It went from the easy to read 3 to five digit photograph of a number to this special bazaar font composed of long strings of letters which I could no longer tell which letters were caps and which letters were lower case. I tried 10 times and did not get one captcha code right. I finally switched to the audio mode to withdraw the rest of the coin. This once again looks very bad.  Assuming that people at Cryptsy are deliberating trying to keep people from withdrawing BTC or anything that can be converted to BTC I watched the chat at Cryptsy the next day as I was suspecting that Earth Coin wallet would also mysteriously malfunction as a result of my large transfer the night before. Sure enough the next day people were reporting that the Earth Coin wallet was now malfunctioning with extreme long delay for withdrawal.

This just looks really bad. This all started when bitcoin price started moving up. Is it possible that the main cryptsy wallet that stores BTC is insufficient to fulfill all withdrawal orders?

What does this all mean for alt - POS coins at cryptsy. If cryptsy is the only game in town you can't ever realize a profit because you cannot get your bitcoin out of there. After you sell your Hobonickles, you will be subject to the mysterious problem that seems to be affecting withdrawal of coins that can be sold for bitcoin or coins that are liguid enough to be sold for fiat. You will find that in one way or another they are essentially all locked down. This will eventually put POS coins that are only on cryptsy in trouble. Actually it will affect all of the alt coins traded at cryptsy in a very negative fashion.

Either cryptsy fixes this soon or we have to all withdraw all our coins from Cryptsy and trade them some where else in order to survive. I am recommending we all transfer out of cryptsy to some other exchange and resume trading at an exchange that is working. I can go with Polo or Bittrex they seem to be the most logical choices.

I would not be in such a conspiracy mode of operation but there is a ever larger growing collection of circumstantial evidence that seems to suggest something may not be right at cryptsy. If they would at least give updates or some details as to what exactly the problem is that would help to build confidence but almost no information is forthcoming. This problem is now in its 3rd week. Why the heck is the fix taking so long?

I did some checking and was chatting with people at Cryptsy they said there is only .16 btc in the main wallet. WalletExplorer.com

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:29:41 PM

Cryptsy really looks like it is going down. Withdrawing btc seems hopeless, but can people withdraw HBN and other alt coins? Or is it totally shutdown.

I used cryptsy less and less as my withdraw delays took longer and longer.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
incognitoworker

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:59:49 PM

Anyone looking to buy HBN, we have 2k for sale in our OTC thread atm.
Happy staking!

IW

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
Lightsplasher

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 12:42:27 AM

Cryptsy really looks like it is going down. Withdrawing btc seems hopeless, but can people withdraw HBN and other alt coins? Or is it totally shutdown.

The rats were all leaving the hold and I could hear a gawd awful sucking noise as the black hole of crypto started imploding, drawing in all deposits and not letting anything out.  I'm kind of a long term investor so I guess I'll just stake and hold for a while until some better opportunities open up or someone sends the “all clear” signal. My tail end is still burning after my frightful experience dumping and running, but I did manage to get some HBN and other coins out.  Sad
HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 01:05:29 AM

The rats were all leaving the hold and I could hear a gawd awful sucking noise as the black hole of crypto started imploding, drawing in all deposits and not letting anything out.  I'm kind of a long term investor so I guess I'll just stake and hold for a while until some better opportunities open up or someone sends the “all clear” signal. My tail end is still burning after my frightful experience dumping and running, but I did manage to get some HBN and other coins out.  Sad

I have withdrawn hbn without issues, btc took 24 hours

HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 02:23:18 AM

There are 80000 HBN for grabs at cryptsy @ 1.3 BTC
Might grab it if it holds

HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 02:24:11 AM

I was already hacked several times anyway, once I almost withdrawn 15 btc out of thin air

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 10:21:42 AM

Poloniex or Bittrex would be nice.  Only thing I do not like about Bittrex is how quickly they drop coins if the trading volume slows for any length of time.

Poloniex usually snubs any new coin requests. Also they block New York Residents from their exchange.  Tongue
Bittrex you have to pay ~ 3BTC, if I remember correctly, but they delist as soon as payed time is over.

HBN already Listed with Cryptopia, just enough people are not using it yet.
Try Yobit also and see if they will add HBN, even if they charge , they will be a lot cheaper than Bittrex, and don't seem to be delisting crazy.
Plus it increases your market share to people who only speak Russian & Chinese.

Cool
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 11:44:10 AM

seems any cryptsy main exchange coins suffer the same way. ...
interesting read about than new china exchange

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: