Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:16:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive  (Read 478611 times)
wing_hk

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:30:25 AM

Yes I have a hard shutdown before.

Remove db file and those 2 folders. I get 2 wallet files: default and mining.

Only the wallet-mining.dat file get error message when launching wallet client. I tried copy mining DAT file to somewhere else and "load" that DAT manually. Still get following message:

"Critical error loading wallet xxx.dat:CDB() / error 22"

Is it means this wallet file is currupted?  Huh

Yes I think it does.  Damn.....  My guess is it is the mining wallet. You can tell by using the -usewallet="" switch.  And see if it starts up.

There maybe something not quite right with secondary wallets.

Edit: I see you already pinpointed it to a secondary wallet. Please let me know if you have a backup or not.

I'll start digging through the code and see why the currpotion is only happening on the non default wallets.

I tried -usewallet="wallet-mining.dat" and -usewallet="wallet.dat". Both return "invalid wallet name in -usewallet=XXXXXXX" (Have to wait for block index loading which is very slow)

I found the quickest way to check 2nd wallet is move main wallet away and rename 2nd wallet to wallet.dat. The qt-client seems check wallet validity before loading blocks. My error message is "Invalid wallet and salvage failed".  Huh

Luckily there're just around 5XX HBN inside my mining wallet. So I will keep the copy hope there's some way to recover this file in the future  Roll Eyes

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:18:35 PM

Hey Tranz, got some weird behavior with the Mac client.

I left the Mac client opened to let it stake.  It did but all blocks are orphaned?!? All without exception.. So I fire up my windows client... It stakes perfectly (and it looks like all those block that got orphaned on the Mac client)

It's the same physical machine, windows 7 in VirtualBox. Both v1.3 and the same wallet is used on both instance (actually a copy of the same wallet).
Also, I noted that I normally have less peer connections on the Mac client than on the Windows client

Do you know about this, what could be the problem? Any advice ?

Anybody else having issues staking on Mac?

Thanks

I have very little mac experiecne so I am not sure about the mac. Perhaps other Mac users can comment.  Which mac client did you use for 1.3? There are two on github. Compiled by different people. So I'd like get a base as to which is causing you issues.

I haven't even realized they were two different compile...

I think I used thise one(99% sure) : https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/releases/download/1.3.0.0/HoboNickels-Qt-1.3.0.0-Mac.dmg.zip

Meanwhile i am using the windows client for staking, let me know if you find any anomalies.

Thanks

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
captainfuture

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:09:53 PM

my client says checkpoint too old.

i am using 1.3.0.0

should i be worried?

all my stakes get orphaned...
i am using mac client
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:15:18 PM

Only the wallet-mining.dat file get error message when launching wallet client. I tried copy mining DAT file to somewhere else and "load" that DAT manually. Still get following message:

Is it means this wallet file is currupted?  Huh

Yes I think it does.  Damn.....  My guess is it is the mining wallet. You can tell by using the -usewallet="" switch.  And see if it starts up.

There maybe something not quite right with secondary wallets.

Edit: I see you already pinpointed it to a secondary wallet. Please let me know if you have a backup or not.

I'll start digging through the code and see why the currpotion is only happening on the non default wallets.

I tried -usewallet="wallet-mining.dat" and -usewallet="wallet.dat". Both return "invalid wallet name in -usewallet=XXXXXXX" (Have to wait for block index loading which is very slow)

I found the quickest way to check 2nd wallet is move main wallet away and rename 2nd wallet to wallet.dat. The qt-client seems check wallet validity before loading blocks. My error message is "Invalid wallet and salvage failed".  Huh

Luckily there're just around 5XX HBN inside my mining wallet. So I will keep the copy hope there's some way to recover this file in the future  Roll Eyes

The -usewallet switch is -usewallet="mining" which would load wallet-mining.dat and default. You don't need to specify wallet.dat, as that is the default wallet and is always loaded.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:20:00 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 10:37:59 PM by Tranz

I left the Mac client opened to let it stake.  It did but all blocks are orphaned?!? All without exception.. So I fire up my windows client... It stakes perfectly (and it looks like all those block that got orphaned on the Mac client)

It's the same physical machine, windows 7 in VirtualBox. Both v1.3 and the same wallet is used on both instance (actually a copy of the same wallet).
Also, I noted that I normally have less peer connections on the Mac client than on the Windows client

Thanks

I have very little mac experiecne so I am not sure about the mac. Perhaps other Mac users can comment.  Which mac client did you use for 1.3? There are two on github. Compiled by different people. So I'd like get a base as to which is causing you issues.

I think I used thise one(99% sure) : https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/releases/download/1.3.0.0/HoboNickels-Qt-1.3.0.0-Mac.dmg.zip

Meanwhile i am using the windows client for staking, let me know if you find any anomalies.

Thanks

i am using 1.3.0.0

should i be worried?

i am using mac client

It appears at least one of the mac clients is not working correctly. I didn't compile them nor have I used one. So please give the following information.

getinfo
getpeerinfo
getdifficutly
and which mac file you used the dmg or the other just .zip
and maybe the last few lines of the log file, especially if you just attempted stake.

If you are both using the dmg version. I am going to remove that version.

If one of you would be so kind as to attempt the other version. Which was compiled by Max, and which version 1.2 worked ok, that would be great to know if it is working. You may need to remove the blockchain files.

Also, be sure to save your wallets offline, and I would suggest doing a dumpwallet or usewallet walletname dumpwallet before you mess around too much.  So you have a txt of your private keys ready, should anything go awry.

I will be getting a mac computer in the future, but for now I am relying on the community to help with that.

Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
micax1

Activity: 708
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:30:48 AM

I am now working under the assumption that the corruption of the block chain and wallet files, during a hard shutdown, is due to the old block chain file(s) (specifically the database log files) lingering after upgrading from 1.2.* to 1.3.  As such I have added some information to the V 1.3 updgrade information page https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/3003-hbn-version-13/

Old Block Chain Removal

If  you didn't do this. You are probably ok, but to be safe please be sure to backup your wallet files. Don't over-ride any old backups you have just keep an additional one.

Edit: I might also suggest a few things. You can/should test your secondary wallets by bringing them to another computer to make sure they load ok. Also you can use dumpwallet and create a nice text readable format of all your keys. Print it off or copy it to thumb drive, as another method of backup.

Remember this is experimental software, you have to keep yourself safe.

Ok here what I`ve done to restore access for my wallets:

removed 1.3 version
downloaded https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/releases/tag/1.2.2.3
backed up whole folder AppData\Roaming\HoboNickels and cleared it
ran 1.2.2.3 version and let it download blockchain.
put my wallets from a backup and "txleveldb" folder into AppData\Roaming\HoboNickels

I was able to start with old wallets, see my balance and actually even got ~200 coins POS.

Now My questions:
- how to keep these wallets and safely migrate to 1.3 Smiley??
- Where to send your money back Tranz? - as I got my wallets back to working condition Smiley

Thank you!
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:47:21 AM

I am now working under the assumption that the corruption of the block chain and wallet files, during a hard shutdown, is due to the old block chain file(s) (specifically the database log files) lingering after upgrading from 1.2.* to 1.3.  As such I have added some information to the V 1.3 updgrade information page https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/3003-hbn-version-13/

Old Block Chain Removal

If  you didn't do this. You are probably ok, but to be safe please be sure to backup your wallet files. Don't over-ride any old backups you have just keep an additional one.

Edit: I might also suggest a few things. You can/should test your secondary wallets by bringing them to another computer to make sure they load ok. Also you can use dumpwallet and create a nice text readable format of all your keys. Print it off or copy it to thumb drive, as another method of backup.

Remember this is experimental software, you have to keep yourself safe.

Ok here what I`ve done to restore access for my wallets:

removed 1.3 version
downloaded https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/releases/tag/1.2.2.3
backed up whole folder AppData\Roaming\HoboNickels and cleared it
ran 1.2.2.3 version and let it download blockchain.
put my wallets from a backup and "txleveldb" folder into AppData\Roaming\HoboNickels

I was able to start with old wallets, see my balance and actually even got ~200 coins POS.

Now My questions:
- how to keep these wallets and safely migrate to 1.3 Smiley??
- Where to send your money back Tranz? - as I got my wallets back to working condition Smiley

Thank you!

I just did this same thing with another wallet that another person had an issue with, and i was able to move those coins off that wallet. You beat me to the punch!

So what I think is the safest thing to do is simply generate a new wallet with version 1.3. Then Back it up! With both a copy and a dumpwallet. Then move the coins from 1.2 wallet to the new version 1.3.

For now I am still experimenting as well. But I think this is good. I don't know of any wallet made from version 1.3 that also had this issue with 1.3.

You can send me back to here  Eo6DvKHvUiHqCBXj6T6uWdbpEH8DtT3Guk

Thank you too!

Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:48:57 AM

Is it means this wallet file is currupted?  Huh

We have a resolution for this. If you want to do it yourself, you need to get a computer that has ver 1.2 and move those coins to a new fresh wallet made with version 1.3  I can do this for you if you like. PM me.

micax1

Activity: 708
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:43:30 AM

I just did this same thing with another wallet that another person had an issue with, and i was able to move those coins off that wallet. You beat me to the punch!

So what I think is the safest thing to do is simply generate a new wallet with version 1.3. Then Back it up! With both a copy and a dumpwallet. Then move the coins from 1.2 wallet to the new version 1.3.

For now I am still experimenting as well. But I think this is good. I don't know of any wallet made from version 1.3 that also had this issue with 1.3.

You can send me back to here  Eo6DvKHvUiHqCBXj6T6uWdbpEH8DtT3Guk

Thank you too!

Sent!
Trans ID:
aad96869bdd2a2dea6d52a29c8de250f6a03f818d75af1f7c957d2d6c43037e0-000

I`m looking for opportunity to keep wallet address from 1.2 and migrate to 1.3 - is that safely possible?
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:03:08 AM

You can send me back to here  Eo6DvKHvUiHqCBXj6T6uWdbpEH8DtT3Guk

Thank you too!

Sent!
Trans ID:
aad96869bdd2a2dea6d52a29c8de250f6a03f818d75af1f7c957d2d6c43037e0-000

I`m looking for opportunity to keep wallet address from 1.2 and migrate to 1.3 - is that safely possible?

If it is just one private key you can:
dumpprivekey <public key> in version 1.2
then in version 1.3 you can importprivkey

If you want the entire wallet, let me do a few things to see.

unick

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:57:55 AM

Thanks

I have very little mac experiecne so I am not sure about the mac. Perhaps other Mac users can comment.  Which mac client did you use for 1.3? There are two on github. Compiled by different people. So I'd like get a base as to which is causing you issues.

Thanks

i am using 1.3.0.0

should i be worried?

i am using mac client

It appears at least one of the mac clients is not working correctly. I didn't compile them nor have I used one. So please give the following information.

getinfo
getpeerinfo
getdifficutly
and which mac file you used the dmg or the other just .zip
and maybe the last few lines of the log file, especially if you just attempted stake.

If you are both using the dmg version. I am going to remove that version.

If one of you would be so kind as to attempt the other version. Which was compiled by Max, and which version 1.2 worked ok, that would be great to know if it is working. You may need to remove the blockchain files.

Also, be sure to save your wallets offline, and I would suggest doing a dumpwallet or usewallet walletname dumpwallet before you mess around too much.  So you have a txt of your private keys ready, should anything go awry.

I will be getting a mac computer in the future, but for now I am relying on the community to help with that.

ok here's the network info

Code:
23:18:06

getinfo

23:18:06

{
"version" : "v1.3.0.0-g76880ab-hobo",
"protocolversion" : 70003,
"blocks" : 559260,
"timeoffset" : -19,
"moneysupply" : 2823017.48419300,
"connections" : 16,
"wallets" : 2,
"proxy" : "",
"ip" : "",
"difficulty" : 0.83011387,
"testnet" : false,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"errors" : ""
}

23:18:29

getpeerinfo

23:18:29

[
{
"addr" : "107.170.10.137:7372",
"services" : "00000001",
"lastsend" : 1391487494,
"lastrecv" : 1391487466,
"conntime" : 1391440422,
"bytessent" : 1662424,
"bytesrecv" : 1027971,
"blocksrequested" : 2,
"version" : 70003,
"subver" : "/HoboNickels:0.7.5/",
"inbound" : false,
"releasetime" : 0,
"startingheight" : 557716,
"banscore" : 0
},
{
"addr" : "183.82.10.200:7372",
"lastsend" : 1391487493,
"lastrecv" : 1391487456,
"conntime" : 1391440559,
"bytessent" : 1614500,
"bytesrecv" : 595139,
"blocksrequested" : 5,
"version" : 70002,
"subver" : "/HoboNickels:0.7.2/",
"startingheight" : 557718,
},
{
"addr" : "144.76.33.10:7372",
"conntime" : 1391440757,
"bytessent" : 1599110,
"bytesrecv" : 521469,
"startingheight" : 557719,
},
{
"addr" : "67.210.249.29:7372",
"conntime" : 1391440819,
"bytessent" : 1593704,
"bytesrecv" : 562229,
"blocksrequested" : 5,
"startingheight" : 557720,
},
{
"addr" : "95.85.28.31:7372",
"lastsend" : 1391487478,
"lastrecv" : 1391487492,
"conntime" : 1391441048,
"bytessent" : 1573577,
"bytesrecv" : 554250,
"blocksrequested" : 4,
"startingheight" : 557725,
},
{
"addr" : "82.146.37.116:7372",
"lastrecv" : 1391487493,
"conntime" : 1391441890,
"bytessent" : 1551463,
"bytesrecv" : 442530,
"blocksrequested" : 3,
"startingheight" : 557750,
},
{
"addr" : "85.229.1.85:7372",
"lastsend" : 1391487492,
"conntime" : 1391441959,
"bytessent" : 1562400,
"bytesrecv" : 411965,
"blocksrequested" : 4,
"startingheight" : 557755,
},
{
"addr" : "162.243.251.173:7372",
"conntime" : 1391444436,
"bytessent" : 1477931,
"bytesrecv" : 410553,
"startingheight" : 557826,
},
{
"addr" : "75.181.42.210:7372",
"lastsend" : 1391487496,
"lastrecv" : 1391487496,
"conntime" : 1391448256,
"bytessent" : 18379337,
"bytesrecv" : 7521970,
"blocksrequested" : 6563,
"startingheight" : 62712,
},
{
"addr" : "112.119.149.251:7372",
"lastsend" : 1391487487,
"lastrecv" : 1391487496,
"conntime" : 1391448733,
"bytessent" : 1347474,
"bytesrecv" : 347882,
"startingheight" : 557996,
},
{
"addr" : "85.140.35.235:7372",
"lastrecv" : 1391487466,
"conntime" : 1391448833,
"bytessent" : 570770,
"bytesrecv" : 658586,
"blocksrequested" : 213,
"startingheight" : 557999,
},
{
"addr" : "46.151.21.226:7372",
"lastrecv" : 1391487486,
"conntime" : 1391450287,
"bytessent" : 1279168,
"bytesrecv" : 325345,
"startingheight" : 558050,
},
{
"addr" : "178.137.119.12:7372",
"conntime" : 1391471910,
"bytessent" : 220622,
"bytesrecv" : 350005,
"startingheight" : 558727,
},
{
"addr" : "94.23.31.223:7372",
"lastsend" : 1391487487,
"lastrecv" : 1391487495,
"conntime" : 1391472483,
"bytessent" : 535007,
"bytesrecv" : 185916,
"startingheight" : 558750,
},
{
"addr" : "87.64.69.160:7372",
"conntime" : 1391473451,
"bytessent" : 514315,
"bytesrecv" : 123389,
"startingheight" : 558783,
"banscore" : 1
},
{
"addr" : "71.91.14.102:7372",
"lastsend" : 1391487492,
"lastrecv" : 1391487507,
"conntime" : 1391480183,
"bytessent" : 823809,
"bytesrecv" : 2119737,
"blocksrequested" : 84,
"startingheight" : 471309,
}
]

23:18:45

getdifficulty

23:18:45

{
"proof-of-work" : 0.83011387,
"proof-of-stake" : 0.00390625,
"search-interval" : 1
}

For the log, it's been a few hours since the last stake and the log is full... if you tell me what you are looking for I will find you the lines you want to look at.

I can confirm 100% I used the dmg version (I saw you took it down already)

I can also confirm that this version (dmg) was used on another computer with yet another wallet (not my setup mac/virtualbox) and tonight that client also had an orphan PoS block.

So as I write this I am restarting the Mac client but with the zip version of the compile (witch is on github now) and I'll see if the orphan block will try to restake later this night or tomorrow and see if the PoS block gets accepted or rejected with that client and I'll keep you posted with that.

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:01:02 AM

Quote from: micax1  link=topic=303749.msg4923095#msg4923095 date=1391478441

I have done this as well and it works.

startup clean version 1.2 with your bad wallet and use -salvagewallet
after gui, close
startup clean version 1.3 with your new salvaged wallet ( I also used -salvagewallet, but I don't think you need to)
You will lose orphans(good thing) and your address book (bad)(use export on v1.2 before you salvage) but it should work on in version 1.3

Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:12:15 AM

So as I write this I am restarting the Mac client but with the zip version of the compile (witch is on github now) and I'll see if the orphan block will try to restake later this night or tomorrow and see if the PoS block gets accepted or rejected with that client and I'll keep you posted with that.

Thanks so much. This will be helpful.

Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:36:32 AM

Songs of Love now accepting HBN for donations:
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/4272-songs-of-love-asks-for-donation-of-hobonickels/?p=38242

unick

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:31:03 AM

ok, as soon as the client synced the block chain, it did succesfully mine a PoS block.

So it looks like the dmg compile had some kind of a bug in it.

I'll still keep an eye on it tomorrow for any kind of unwanted behaviors. and I'll report if any issues are found.

Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:27:11 PM

ok, as soon as the client synced the block chain, it did succesfully mine a PoS block.

I'll still keep an eye on it tomorrow for any kind of unwanted behaviors. and I'll report if any issues are found.

Prefect thanks for trouble shooting this for us. Let me know if Coin Control seems good, and if you see any different between the win version (if you use it) and the Mac version.  

Feel free to post an address for your help.

MintageMasterMind

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:27:02 PM

HoboNickels can now be exchanged for Real Gold, Platinum, Silver, and Palladium @ www.MintageMasterMind.com Diversify your assets!
unick

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:45:44 PM

Prefect thanks for trouble shooting this for us. Let me know if Coin Control seems good, and if you see any different between the win version (if you use it) and the Mac version.  

okay, here's a quick update.

I had to redownload the blockchain because I had issues with the wallet (I think it's the corrupted issue that was mentioned earlier in this thread).  That took over 24 hours  Shocked but now my wallets load fine.

So it's been 9 hours that I let the wallet sit for it to stake and while it does stake, I find that the orphan rate is way higher than on the windows client.  It could be just a coincidence, I don't know for sure.

On 13 inputs, I had 6 orphan (all one after the other) the last input just got in ~30 minutes ago and was accepted.

I'll continue to monitor and report.  If you need more details, I would be glad to share them with you. Just let me know and what you need exactly

Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:17:00 PM

HoboNickels can now be exchanged for Real Gold, Platinum, Silver, and Palladium @ www.MintageMasterMind.com Diversify your assets!

Thanks!  Good luck on your site.

Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:18:22 PM

okay, here's a quick update.

I had to redownload the blockchain because I had issues with the wallet (I think it's the corrupted issue that was mentioned earlier in this thread).  That took over 24 hours  Shocked but now my wallets load fine.

So it's been 9 hours that I let the wallet sit for it to stake and while it does stake, I find that the orphan rate is way higher than on the windows client.  It could be just a coincidence, I don't know for sure.

On 13 inputs, I had 6 orphan (all one after the other) the last input just got in ~30 minutes ago and was accepted.

I'll continue to monitor and report.  If you need more details, I would be glad to share them with you. Just let me know and what you need exactly

I noticed the orphan rate was higher on the mac in version 1.2 as well. A friend took a snapshot of his transactions. The coins did eventually get accepted but seemed to take 2-1 orphan to accept. Were as windows I get 90% accepted.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: