Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:23:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive  (Read 478611 times)
mighty jol

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:57:20 PM

it's been about 14 days but i didn't stake my 1.79 hbn yet, not loosing hope tought ^^

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:44:36 PM

it's been about 14 days but i didn't stake my 1.79 hbn yet, not loosing hope tought ^^

1.79HBN is going to be hard to stake. Right now coins reach maximum age at 20 days. This translates to a max stake weight of 17.9.  I have blocks that are 1600 weight right now that haven't staked yet. There is also chance that plays a role in determining who gets stake.  So they still might stake, but I would guess that tiny blocks are going to have a hard time.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
mighty jol

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:48:26 PM

erf i tought max coin age was 30 days on hbn; even tought i hope  i'll stake them, just going to keep it updated here, afterward i am going to buy more when prices drops a bit (because 26k sat, a bit high for me ^^)

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:58:24 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 09:47:28 PM by presstab

erf i tought max coin age was 30 days on hbn; even tought i hope  i'll stake them, just going to keep it updated here, afterward i am going to buy more when prices drops a bit (because 26k sat, a bit high for me ^^)

Tranz thinks there may be a mistake in the initial coding of the coin that is causing age to peak at 20 days. Here is some discussion https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/4390-preparing-hbn-v14/page-7

Edit: After seeing today's whacky stake activity, I am convinced that there may be no peak in age. I am seeing very very small blocks of HBN stake even less than 1HBN.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 09:53:18 PM

I have been holding HBN for over 6 months now, and the staking was working quite well (always a few orphans while synching up) until about a week ago. Since then my wallet has attempted to stake over 40 blocks, with only one having been accepted on the network. I noticed that there was frequently one confirmation, with the stake block being transferred into unconfirmed, only to be transferred out again, and the stake lost, rather strange.

I was using Windows QT 1.3.0, then 1.3.1, and have also tried 1.3.6 .. Synching seems very slow as well (taken 28 hours to download the whole blockchain). I am opening the wallet for long periods, but shut down every now and then (at least once a day).

Any suggestions welcomed !

Have you tried coin control yet to combine your blocks? If you never did and been staking for 6 months, you might be up for the job.  You might have too many/too small blocks and when they compete on the network they just don't have enough weight against other mature blocks.  So even if they will eventually stake, you get a few orphans along the way.

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

Thanks.. I haven't used coin control.. I will have a look at it.
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:55:35 PM

when i want to combine my blocks do i  need to send them to a new wallet?
or how do i combine them using them coin control

i didn't find anything about it?

but i believe it is easier to send them to a new wallet to combine them

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:00:15 PM

when i want to combine my blocks do i  need to send them to a new wallet?
or how do i combine them using them coin control

i didn't find anything about it?

but i believe it is easier to send them to a new wallet to combine them

I always combine by redelivering them to the same wallet, but it works with a new wallet as well.

Check this link for a guide http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control#Tutorial

Tranz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:13:27 PM

erf i tought max coin age was 30 days on hbn; even tought i hope  i'll stake them, just going to keep it updated here, afterward i am going to buy more when prices drops a bit (because 26k sat, a bit high for me ^^)

Tranz thinks there may be a mistake in the initial coding of the coin that is causing age to peak at 20 days. Here is some discussion https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/4390-preparing-hbn-v14/page-7

Edit: After seeing today's whacky stake activity, I am convinced that there may be no peak in age. I am seeing very very small blocks of HBN stake even less than 1HBN.

The error is there. As with everything chance comes into play.  But even fixing the max weight would only give the little guys a bit more chance.

In any event, version 1.4 is getting pretty close. After that we will be discussing hard forks for 1.5. I see 4-5 that could be needed.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:25:36 PM

The error is there. As with everything chance comes into play.  But even fixing the max weight would only give the little guys a bit more chance.

In any event, version 1.4 is getting pretty close. After that we will be discussing hard forks for 1.5. I see 4-5 that could be needed.

I guess I just have a hard time understanding how so many small PoS blocks are being mined today.  For example this block of .74 HBN http://162.217.249.198:1080/block/09ae2aba8f6b15681c07d47efcf95f6c15e985c10b003a46bfd7ae5bb1117a30  That particular block that staked is at least from the beginning of May... If the max age were 20 days, the max weight that coin could achieve is 7.4 - I guess if you have enough small blocks on the network then you get a larger chance of one of them being selected for stake.

dailyarsenal

To The Moon!

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:36:01 PM

I LOVE HOBONICKELS!!! Grin Cheesy

BTC: 13Yg1PwgBFTxyKpGY3393jDJeqNTFNijjH | HOBO: hXzbM3jzvYxrFts7y9zTwmLUJLyw2RYQM | WARNING: Pre-mine or IPO without escrow = SCAM
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:48:45 PM

I guess I just have a hard time understanding how so many small PoS blocks are being mined today.  For example this block of .74 HBN http://162.217.249.198:1080/block/09ae2aba8f6b15681c07d47efcf95f6c15e985c10b003a46bfd7ae5bb1117a30  That particular block that staked is at least from the beginning of May... If the max age were 20 days, the max weight that coin could achieve is 7.4 - I guess if you have enough small blocks on the network then you get a larger chance of one of them being selected for stake.

It looks like that block was created on March 1st.
http://162.217.249.198:1080/tx/116a4ab4bf187e0bf4349a9d35cf729596185e95eaab036b37fd95b7778cd9b7#o2

So it has ~45 days. I also see that wallet specifically has many of these types. So at least a few are getting through.

Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:00:22 AM

Hey Tranz, great work as always - do you have any news about hbn like any adoption efforts, marketing etc? I am just curious. I am holding (and POS-ing) long term, I'm naturally interested in long-term value appreciation.
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:04:00 AM

Hey Tranz, great work as always - do you have any news about hbn like any adoption efforts, marketing etc? I am just curious. I am holding (and POS-ing) long term, I'm naturally interested in long-term value appreciation.

I have a few ideas myself, most of which will revolve around charities. However if members of the community simply try someone whom they know does business online, and speaks to them about HBN, I'm sure it can help.

Anything specific you thought about?

dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:10:13 AM

I have a few ideas myself, most of which will revolve around charities. However if members of the community simply try someone whom they know does business online, and speaks to them about HBN, I'm sure it can help.

Anything specific you thought about?

Well, my latest soap box rant is that the crypto community needs to figure out a way to get people paid in crypto. Nothing drastic like full-time salaries (yet) but even just small things like auction sites, freelance work sites, etc etc would help jump start the crypto economy. Regular people aren't going to go out of there way to learn how to use crypto and acquire crypto coins just to spend them the same way they could spend a credit card - there's no point (to them.) So for now the whole economy is miner -> investor -> other investor. If people were getting paid in crypto for selling used things, doing small jobs, etc then they would have a reason to spend them (and that gets them involved in the whole scene and then they might start wanting to acquire more as they get into it, etc.)

Another random idea I had is scholarships. If we could get some merchants on board that sell school supplies (not just books, think about all the crap teenagers need to buy when they move into a dorm) and then sponsor small scholarships it could gain a lot of attention and also it's a good cause (since you mentioned you are interested in charities.) You could even make the scholarship based on public service or something like that. Just an idea.
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:26:08 AM

Great good ideas, soap box or not.

I know there is workforcrypto, website. But I can see snagging a site like www.angieslist.com would be very cool. Ebay has already warmed up to cryptos.  So find a way to spread the word..

Regarding the college idea, I also like this.   I can't find the time to oversee projects of these types, but if you feel passionate about it, see what you can do!

It would require a bit of work. But 10-20 hours a week for 6 months, you could have something pretty big!

bestsponsor

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:23:32 AM

I have a wallet (windows 1.3.0.0). Can not synchronize - lags 7 hours.

Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 12:12:35 PM

I have been holding HBN for over 6 months now, and the staking was working quite well (always a few orphans while synching up) until about a week ago. Since then my wallet has attempted to stake over 40 blocks, with only one having been accepted on the network. I noticed that there was frequently one confirmation, with the stake block being transferred into unconfirmed, only to be transferred out again, and the stake lost, rather strange.

I was using Windows QT 1.3.0, then 1.3.1, and have also tried 1.3.6 .. Synching seems very slow as well (taken 28 hours to download the whole blockchain). I am opening the wallet for long periods, but shut down every now and then (at least once a day).

Any suggestions welcomed !

I had a look at Coin Control. as there are only 266 blocks in the wallet, I would guess combining will not help ?

The wallet is no longer updating the transaction list. The last one was on 6 April. Since then stake has showed up as incoming, with the relevant mother block being transferred to the unconfirmed balance briefly, before being transferred back and the stake lost: now without any record of that showing in the transaction list.

This is 1.3.6 , with a fresh download of the blockchain (which took 28 hours)
choppy123

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:16:52 PM

Thanks for maintaining HBN.  

You are welcome. Hopefully things settle down here soon.

I have been making some headway into the assert failures. Essentially some of the blocks are missing from the index.  I still don't know the root cause for this. As it appears to be somewhat random? But I am continuing investigation into this issue.

Keeping a running backup of the txleveldb folder and blk???.dat files should help.  As you can quickly use a slightly older version, and then re download the missing blocks.

I'll put up weekly zips of the files so others won't have to re download the block chain many times.

Plus after you have a working backup you can always use that to catchup to current quickly.

Hello all. I have been trying to get my hobo wallet to work for a while now and I now have a simple workaround!

I'm working with Tranz to fix and will let you know shortly. Are there alot of people with assertion failed errors? That's the error that i've been dealing with in my Windows 7 setup. I'm glad to have finally solved the problem and minting is working flawlessly as it should.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 04:13:20 PM

I have some different minting problems (all stakes are now rejected) as per my posts in this thread....I am not sure if any of the other problems are related...Confused !

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:31:07 PM

I have some different minting problems (all stakes are now rejected) as per my posts in this thread....I am not sure if any of the other problems are related...Confused !

You mean you keep getting orphan PoS blocks?  How many blocks do you currently have in your client that have a weight over 0?? 

Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: