Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:29:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is DEADLY' Billionaire Bill Gates BLASTS cRyptos  (Read 156 times)
paparexon0414 (OP)

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:23:34 AM

Bitcoin is now in danger in declining more but with the news like this, its its like promoting bitcoin is intended to use in some other bad ways. It is really hard to believe (but really possible) that some evil minds tend to do something like this. That is why, people are losing confidence to crytos due to this kind of illegal works. Any thoughts about this, share some. If interested for further information, here's the link
https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/finance/city/925034/cryptocurrency-news-bitcoin-bill-gates-cryptocurrency-drug-trade-latest/amp
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:55:54 AM

"Blast" is a strong term. The way I see it, everyone knows that Bitcoin is being used/have been used for drug trade, and he simply called that out. I disagree with him saying that Bitcoin is directly responsible for the deaths though. I mean, how many people could have used Windows to transfer Bitcoins for drugs? Does that mean Windows, and by extension, Microsoft, is also responsible? By the same logic, fiat is directly responsible for killing people too, just in a less efficient manner, in his own words.

It doesn't look like he knows much about crypto, and was just sounding off his opinions.

Cryptorianer

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:07:19 AM

Bill sad nothing about bitcoin, he only referred to cryptocurrencies. And he surely knows that bitcoin is not anonymous.
I think the article is not well researched and only rides the bad news wave.
Marileno

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:10:18 AM

Guys like Gates like to sit on the fence alot of not take too many controversial positions. He works with governments and corporations trying to save the world with his foundation, so is not in the business of pissing anyone off. That said, he is super smart and privy to alot of behind the scenes action that we are not, so it would be interesting to hear about what he really thinks.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:10:51 AM

GAME OVER   Grin
Blitz99

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:23:23 AM

"Blast" is a strong term. The way I see it, everyone knows that Bitcoin is being used/have been used for drug trade, and he simply called that out. I disagree with him saying that Bitcoin is directly responsible for the deaths though. I mean, how many people could have used Windows to transfer Bitcoins for drugs? Does that mean Windows, and by extension, Microsoft, is also responsible? By the same logic, fiat is directly responsible for killing people too, just in a less efficient manner, in his own words.

It doesn't look like he knows much about crypto, and was just sounding off his opinions.
Bill gates is more experienced man so if he said it may be true . First do some research before blame him. Don't oppose him blindly...
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:43:48 AM

Bill gates is more experienced man so if he said it may be true . First do some research before blame him. Don't oppose him blindly...

I'm not opposing him blindly. I didn't say he was wrong and left it at that. I pointed out that his logic may be flawed by giving an example. I'm not blaming him either. I also said that he only really rehashed (very strongly) a known fact.

As for my basis in saying that he doesn't know much about crypto, he also had this to say:

He said: “The main feature of cryptocurrencies is their anonymity.

Just because crypto comes from cryptography doesn't mean the main feature for them is anonymity. Bitcoin itself is only pseudonymous, and to my knowledge, no effort has been done to improve that.

I love Bill Gates and his efforts to make the world a better place, but it's very likely he doesn't know too much about crypto; he doesn't need to either.

AfterTheFork

Activity: 203
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:49:00 AM

Bill Gates opinion is his own, as respectable as he is, he doesn't talk for anybody but himself, i belief its that step of faith that you make that makes the difference. be the judge of whether cryptocurency is dangerous from experience

ripaex (https://ripaex.io/)
Marketplace
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:09:26 AM

And Microsoft is deep into blockchain and Microsoft is welcoming Bitcoin back to its Windows and Xbox online stores - just google these 2 things and you will get your answer
Minnasan

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:20:00 AM

I slightly agree with what Bill Gates said about some crypto used for irresponsible deeds, and crypto is easy to use by irresponsible people, so I hope that future crypto can improve their security, so things like this do not happen.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   DICE.money   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀|   A NEW GENERATION SOCIAL CRYPTOCURRENCY   |▀
Krakenproto

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:53:57 AM

If he said that, we already know that cryptocurrencies are used for bad things to. And how UN Aid money is spent? Is it all for a good cause? You can't change the nature of people so some regulations are needed, but I don't listen anymore bad comments about crypto. Most news are useless and counterproductive.
Rick_avxo

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:58:58 AM

I still wonder why they still don't see bitcoin for the right reasons. Which means if we keep using right? We goan be rich like me. Think they scared?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: