Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:01:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency kills people  (Read 1840 times)
forexhercules

Activity: 214
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:01:03 AM

If our governments issue a more secure funds made of gold or something of value, We all will be happy using it and ignoring bitcoin.

Issuing money is no longer in government's hands thanks to blockchain. Buy technology and issue your own money. Wait for chaos within 3 years.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:03:41 AM

Ive read an article about Bill Gates saying that cryptocurrencies kills people. He explained that crypto provokes people to hide thier financial transactions from the government, and revolutionizing terrorism, financial crime etc. Some people use crypto to buy drugs, bombs, guns that are use for drug dealing and terrorism that kills people 'in a fairly direct way'

I think Gates is somehow right about this. But i think it depends on the people who are using cryptocurrency, if they will use it in a good way or in a bad way. What do you think?

Link: https://www.google.com.ph/search?source=hp&ei=MJaWWv70CoH-8QXDvLO4Bg&q=cryptocurrency#scso=uid_PpaWWoLdHISa0gTusbDYDg_9:117

In my opinion, everything in this world is good, the only problem is the people who use it, like for example, the nuclear power. Some people use it to destroy but It is much useful if we create this to gain more power to avoid an Electric shortage. Same goes for Cryptocurrency if the people use this is has a good intention, It is certainly a good thing. But if people use this for bad, we have no control on that, well, even without cryptocurrency, bad people will still do this even they are only using fiat.
atamism

Activity: 463
Merit: 11

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:07:37 AM

I agree. It depends on who was using the bitcoin. No matter what type of currency it is, if the person using it is a force of evil, we all know what they can do with the currency in their hand. We always point it to the money/currency but we never blame those who were using it. It's kinda unfair. There will always be a way to move financial assets without the government noticing it, so why pinpoint bitcoin? I don't see the point. Stigma is common nowadays.

pekavcilar01

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:22:34 AM

Some of Bill Gates's statements make sense to me.

It's a fact that the stock market has a dark side.   BTC
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:14:09 AM

You should base your reasoning on some proof. Lind to the article please.

Accepting that that was said by Gates it would be a silly article because the same could be applied to $ and nobody is saying that US dollars kill people.

There were a lot of incidents of theft and dacoities in the past for the money but no one has ever blamed it on the money, and now the positive thing about the crypto currency is that it has reduced the vulnerability of a person with the money and to loot the person with crypto currency, you got to have some special skills which are not very much common, so I think if you are saying the crypto currency is killing the people you got to say this as well that it has saved a lot of people as well.
Cryptoipad

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:46:04 PM

This cryprocurrencies kills peoples of virtual currency of money.His comments resulted in uproar from the cryptocurrency community on social media and quickly topped the sections of Reddit dedicated to the topic.provided by virtual currency was being exploited by criminals, terror groups and tax avoiders to evade being tracked by law enforcement and sell lethal cocktails of illegal drugs are kills to people on cryptocurrencies.
munify

Activity: 386
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:00:15 PM

Ive read an article about Bill Gates saying that cryptocurrencies kills people. He explained that crypto provokes people to hide thier financial transactions from the government, and revolutionizing terrorism, financial crime etc. Some people use crypto to buy drugs, bombs, guns that are use for drug dealing and terrorism that kills people 'in a fairly direct way'

I think Gates is somehow right about this. But i think it depends on the people who are using cryptocurrency, if they will use it in a good way or in a bad way. What do you think?

Link: https://www.google.com.ph/search?source=hp&ei=MJaWWv70CoH-8QXDvLO4Bg&q=cryptocurrency#scso=uid_PpaWWoLdHISa0gTusbDYDg_9:117

That's just negative thinking about crypto, to buy the goods you mentioned can also use fiat money. I do not think too much about the negative news about crypto, for me crypto is a lucrative source of income for me.

GptVerse.art
A Metaverse App to Shop, Learn, Organize, and Play!
Qastessa

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:22:38 PM

What he has said has got some truth in it, because during the early days of bitcoin into the world got its usage on gambling, on drug exchange and on large volume transactions which cannot be done through banks. Now things have changed with more people giving importance to bitcoin as an investment rather than asset for illegal need, even when there are people who are using it for wrong cause.
He has said right and all of these are the bitter facts associated to the use of digital currency. The biggest problem that has caused the crimes to elevate to such a level is that the use of this currency is not able to be tracked by the governmental agencies and hence people are utilizing it in the way they want without any sort of hindrance. Moreover, it is the fault of the people not the currencies but if they would have not existed the situation might have been better.
rampage101

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:59:35 PM

It directly depends on people, I, for example, and didn't come to mind to buy drugs or something illegal by means of bitcoin because I don't need it. And if a person wants to buy something forbidden, he will do it with the help of dollars or any other currency.

lepricoin

Activity: 673
Merit: 112

umachit.fund

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:16:43 PM

Such people have always been and will be, so it makes no sense to blame them, and law enforcement bodies need to look for a solution to this problem.

kache2018

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:28:34 PM

Being one of the richest personalities around the world to say such opinion is quite misleading especially to those who do not earn as much as he does. Exploring the new way of trading money (in a digital way) is a promotion to the growing technology. We, normal individuals who live by earning minimun wage have to look for another way to earn more and venturing into investing to cryptos such as bitcoin is the best way to start with.
rockyfeller

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:34:04 PM

Lol whatever it is still we are learning from our past. History kills people mind. I don't effin care what he wants to tell but Bill gates is a Generation X and he doesn't believe in cryptocurrency future.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

fuding12

Activity: 133

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:46:28 PM

Yes of course, I agree with your opinion. very inappropriate if cryptocurrency is in blame. Long before cryptocurrency existed, criminal transaction activity had already occurred with conventional money and bank transfers. The question is, whether the conventional money and the bank in the wrong !, Of course not, because money and the bank is just a medium. Similarly, with cryptocurrency only a medium. So what to blame is the perpetrator of the criminal transaction, not cryptocurrency.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:55:41 PM

Cryptocurrencies is also money so you should have expected people to use it both ways. Bill Gates is right that it may kill people but who gives a shit. You're supposed to die one day or the other. So die you asshole! But that won't stop crypto users from stop using it. There are a lot of people who use cryptocurrencies for legitimate reasons, so there's that.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Rupok

Activity: 882
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:59:21 PM

Different types of people have different thinking.The way people use Cryptocurrency depends on them. Not everyone is using Cryptocurrency for the same purpose. People can also handle for good.

otandelapaz

Activity: 518
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:03:29 PM

Crypto-currency is no different to fiat or gold. People are naturally greedy. We will do anything even illegal just to get what we want. You don't need Bitcoin or ETH or any crypto just to do bad things to yourself or to others.
It is proven in history that most wars, crimes are committed because of greed, by acquiring something in value. So stating that crypto-currency is killing people is an understatement.

Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:04:03 PM

Bill Gates forgot to say that people also using Windows to buy drugs etc. Or how much people were killed with knives, why are they still not banned? And how many crimes were paid with fiat money, oh my...  Grin
Elerntta

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:18:01 PM

This is just another attempt to create a negative image around bitcoin. If a person before the appearance of the cryptocurrency could buy himself prohibited goods, he will do it with bitcoin. It will not make this purchase more successful or profitable.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Denisliternyjj

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:26:11 PM

I don't agree with Bill ! Not only cryptocurrency kills people ! And I believe that this is not his opinion , and he was asked to say so that people began to think badly about bitcoin!
Machine Funk

Activity: 144

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:45:02 PM

Sounds like bullshit. I  can't believe he would say such a stupid thing. People kill people end of story.

Stop being such a sheep, grow your own mind.
More fiat goes in to these things per 1 year than crypto has produced in it's whole existence.

Also BTC is not anonymous, bill gates is dribbling garbage.. I've lost all respect for this guy due to the mess he's made in India and Africa

Totally agree. Like wtf is he even thinking. I expected much more from him. Guns also kill people so let's ban them. Hell lets just ban things left right and center. I wonder how much Microsoft hides from the government, large organization barely pay any tax so he should shut his mouth.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: