Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:53:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: About 20 Bitcoins STOLEN from my Blockchain.info wallet! 5btc reward!  (Read 9023 times)
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 09:21:05 PM

When I followed the trail,the result came up with this: 16hyuu6MQQ1hFcs13Aqow9VKL9ecvJabcc  I'm not sure if this'll help or not but I felt that it was important to tell people and hopefully help out the OP.

The taint analysis comes up with this:https://blockchain.info/taint/16hyuu6MQQ1hFcs13Aqow9VKL9ecvJabcc The two BTC addresses seem to be used more often so maybe start tracking the addressed with '2' in the branch column to find the culprit.

Since my andorid phone is the sole means of accessing my blockchain wallet,how secure is this and should I be worried or not in terms of how safe are my coins on there?

Thanks. Smiley

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timmah (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 06:13:16 AM

Sorry for your loss.  Embarrassed

You probably will not recover them.  Start making backup plans NOW for your mortgage (friends, family) and don't expect anything to come from this thread.

Yeah... I'm just hoping that maybe, just maybe something could be done... I'm just so pissed that I pretty much watched it happen, when I saw that the coins were taken they were still Unconfirmed!  It had 0 confirmations still! I wish there were a way to stop 0 confirmation transactions... but that is not how it works...

Just hope that maybe someone in the community can do something to help... I've sent a small transaction to the address the thief sent the coins to and embedded a statement that the coins were stolen.

Maybe if people keep putting messages on stolen BTC addresses then it may help deter this stuff, so I'm going to watch this and every time the btc moves I will add that tag again.  Who knows what will happen, I'm hoping for the best...

Also in regards to the other posts, thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into the ip address, I just have NO idea how they got into my account so two things, they are a "pro" hacker and the IP is just a proxy or maybe a lucky script kiddy that did not mask their real IP.

Oh, and the thing about looking at my btc address is that it will never show my actual IP because I don't use a BTC client on my computer, it's all brain wallets, paper wallets and I only import them when I need to use them on an online site like blockchain so all IP's will only show the BTC relays.  It was just a stupid mistake that I left the mining address in that wallet.

Thanks so far...
Actually there is. You could've just tried double spending it by simply sending out another transaction using the same funds with a higher fee. If it confirmed first, you would've gotten your funds back.

Aww damn it!  Although the thing is that I would not be allowed to do a double spend on the blockchain wallet so I figure that it would have to be somehow done manually, perhaps with the actual bitcoin-qt client but I usually move my coins around web wallets and paper/brain/offline wallets so even if I had started my btc client (which is how I would think I would be able to actually do a double spend) it would have been weeks or months behind in the block chain so by the time I would be synced with the block chain the coins would probably have been confirmed...

Although for future reference how would I do a double spend?  It seems like it would have to be done manually and if this happens and I'm lucky enough to see it in time then I could try to stop it... It was just a fluke that I saw the coins being stolen as I'm sure most people don't notice until it would be way to late...

Thanks
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 07:22:21 PM

Sorry for your loss.  Embarrassed

You probably will not recover them.  Start making backup plans NOW for your mortgage (friends, family) and don't expect anything to come from this thread.

Yeah... I'm just hoping that maybe, just maybe something could be done... I'm just so pissed that I pretty much watched it happen, when I saw that the coins were taken they were still Unconfirmed!  It had 0 confirmations still! I wish there were a way to stop 0 confirmation transactions... but that is not how it works...

Just hope that maybe someone in the community can do something to help... I've sent a small transaction to the address the thief sent the coins to and embedded a statement that the coins were stolen.

Maybe if people keep putting messages on stolen BTC addresses then it may help deter this stuff, so I'm going to watch this and every time the btc moves I will add that tag again.  Who knows what will happen, I'm hoping for the best...

Also in regards to the other posts, thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into the ip address, I just have NO idea how they got into my account so two things, they are a "pro" hacker and the IP is just a proxy or maybe a lucky script kiddy that did not mask their real IP.

Oh, and the thing about looking at my btc address is that it will never show my actual IP because I don't use a BTC client on my computer, it's all brain wallets, paper wallets and I only import them when I need to use them on an online site like blockchain so all IP's will only show the BTC relays.  It was just a stupid mistake that I left the mining address in that wallet.

Thanks so far...
Actually there is. You could've just tried double spending it by simply sending out another transaction using the same funds with a higher fee. If it confirmed first, you would've gotten your funds back.

Aww damn it!  Although the thing is that I would not be allowed to do a double spend on the blockchain wallet so I figure that it would have to be somehow done manually, perhaps with the actual bitcoin-qt client but I usually move my coins around web wallets and paper/brain/offline wallets so even if I had started my btc client (which is how I would think I would be able to actually do a double spend) it would have been weeks or months behind in the block chain so by the time I would be synced with the block chain the coins would probably have been confirmed...

Although for future reference how would I do a double spend?  It seems like it would have to be done manually and if this happens and I'm lucky enough to see it in time then I could try to stop it... It was just a fluke that I saw the coins being stolen as I'm sure most people don't notice until it would be way to late...

Thanks
Not really sure which clients allow it. Maybe Bitcoind and maybe Bitcoin-qt with some adjustments. Anyone got any other wallets?

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: