Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:28:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto for Teenagers  (Read 313 times)
hani1929

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 12:10:37 AM

living in crypto world has no age limit even baby can do that as long as you have the knowledge about crypto ang blockchain. this is how our world works now

xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:12:24 AM

A student from another class came to me last week asking for help on doing a research paper about bitcoin.
She was pretty fascinated by it all and was intuitive enough to realize that blockchain technology can revolutionize small scale businesses, particularly in the developing world, and disrupt mega conglomerates.

So, fast forward a week, she comes back to tell me that she has bought some eth and is looking to invest in an ICO!

I had a student before who had gotten into crypto pretty seriously, but he was 18 and was doing it alongside his father.

It really made me wonder, what do you think of teenagers getting into crypto?
My first reaction was, "No no no no no no! It is way too risky and you have no idea what you are getting into!"
But then, an informed, educated 16 year old who does her due dilligence and research is a much better investor than a 30 something millenial who is just trying to make it rich and investing in whatever mcafee or supoman shills.
Am I mistaken?
I like the enthusiasm of your 16-year old student. Imagine, just a week of studying, she came up to a decision on buying some eth. In my case, it took me three months (as far as I remeber) before I start buying some bitcoin and altcoins. I was not that eager then as your student. I have many friends of my age whom I shared the idea about crypto but very few were interested. So for me, to get started and keep going in cryptoworld, what matters most is the will to learn, the fascination and passion to discover new things each day and everything will follow.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
marinomario

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:16:46 AM

I think for knowledge of the crypto world maybe you should tell. because it talks about digital technology. very good for all people to know about the world of crypto. the negative is certainly there, because if the underage knows how to search income in the crypto world, then they will forget the world of learning in school. I think it is a risk of negative and positive because it talks about technology. if I am private, I will notify them and also advise to stay focused in school

destroyer01

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

If you are a teen looking to buy into crypto then you may want to consider having a trusted adult buying some for you on a trusted exchange like Coinbase or GDAX.They can hold it for you until you turn 18 and can open an account for yourself and have it transferred to you.This is the safest and easiest option to buy into the market.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:21:23 AM

I believe age got nothing to do with investment, there are some successful investors from young age, it's the knowledge that play important role in investment, usually a young age investors only see the profit and directly want to put all of the money into it, you need to explained the risk and what things that need to be research before put her money, it's good to see enthusiastic teenager want to invest in crypto, but crypto is a dangerous investment, she need to learn a lot of thing before investing in ICO

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
vina.lugtu

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:22:00 AM

I will definite recommend crypto to a teenager. They have their parents turn their btc into cash when they have it. When I was a teenager, I always have money issues because I can't even work yet. I don't want to ask money on my parents because I don't want to be a burden to them. A friend of mine who was teenager was earning tons of money by doing bitcoin. He's paying for his school, bought a lot of things and the most important thing, he was able to help his parents.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 12:25:03 AM

A student from another class came to me last week asking for help on doing a research paper about bitcoin.
She was pretty fascinated by it all and was intuitive enough to realize that blockchain technology can revolutionize small scale businesses, particularly in the developing world, and disrupt mega conglomerates.

So, fast forward a week, she comes back to tell me that she has bought some eth and is looking to invest in an ICO!

I had a student before who had gotten into crypto pretty seriously, but he was 18 and was doing it alongside his father.

My first reaction was, "No no no no no no! It is way too risky and you have no idea what you are getting into!"
But then, an informed, educated 16 year old who does her due dilligence and research is a much better investor than a 30 something millenial who is just trying to make it rich and investing in whatever mcafee or supoman shills.
Am I mistaken?

No you are not mistaken at all because any teenager would react to the crypto currency like that only. The fact is simple, whenever you get to know something which is perfectly alien to you but that something can get you millions then surely it will tangle the brain. So I think that's really normal reaction you have gotten as you explained in your post. But there is another thing that makes it go even better, that's tangled brain starts thinking about the crypto later on and then you start giving it the real time to analyse and get into crypto. That's the blockchain technology being alien can get you quick started. :-)
Aryanto28

Activity: 211
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:38:52 AM

adolescence is a good time to start something new and different like this bitcoin. nothing is impossible even though still a teenager if doing well in business will definitely achieve success. teenagers and bitcoin I think is very suitable because in the age of a teenager if you can do business in bitcoin he would have been able to get a pretty promising income.
sniper2018
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:02:43 AM

There are lots of teenagers who involve in a cryptocurrency world. Most of them earned a lot of tokens but first they make sure that they will do a research first before involving in this kind of activity. It will be good as long as the teenager know their limitations. There is no problem if the user is well educated and informed about the happenings in cryptocurrency.

And also they must have to learned on how to handle the situation especially if they loss their profits. We know that they are too young for this. But it is a good idea for me that nowadays they already have knowledge what cryptocurrencies is. Because the moment crypto coins will recognized by all countries worldwide, at least they are ready and well prepared for it.
#CapsLOck

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:13:15 AM

There are lots of teenagers who involve in a cryptocurrency world. Most of them earned a lot of tokens but first they make sure that they will do a research first before involving in this kind of activity. It will be good as long as the teenager know their limitations. There is no problem if the user is well educated and informed about the happenings in cryptocurrency.

Yes exactly, there is no problem for the teenagers to be included in the cryptocurrencies world as long as they are equipped in that specific project that they are attending and more informative about it. I think there is no problem with that at all.
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:17:49 AM

Am I mistaken?
There are many teenager that doing this industry in my country too. And based on my observing there are the two sides. They invest an coins because they want to earn, just to buy thei want things it means they do not know what the true meaning of money is. They just want to earn and buy their luxury items. And in the other side the teenager who want to earn because they save it for the future  so it is up to the students if it too risk
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:18:20 AM

Since WW II every single "new generation" was involved in revolutionizing of society, so I wouldn´t be afraid. We are gonna make it! As there is no problem to find braindead kids that are not bothered by anything, there are also that young masterminds that might be the ones bringing something new to their peers. As long as she is not throwing there money which is essential for her, it´is okay, and even bad experience is an experience.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
iamsether

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:35:39 AM

I really find it amazing if someone, even underage, got their interest in crypto and eventually invests in some project. I don't see any problem as long as they know what they are doing and are aware of the possible risk and outcome. But I know they should still be guided though because there was news I've seen on my newsfeed recently that someone took their own life because the market crashed or something like that. I am not sure if its a fact or a hoax but still minors needs guidance from people who can give them proper advice in times that it's depressing to look at the value of their investment. If they can practice the rule of "Invest what you can afford to lose", I guess they'll be successful in due time.
haji lulung

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:42:23 AM

I think there are many teenagers that have also joined in crypto. Because they see a chance that it can make their life better in future. The amount of teenagers that interested in crpto will increase day by day.
abaidudez

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:45:11 AM

Crypto or blockchain technology is a very interesting development in the world. Teenagers should know how things work at a very early age. So that day by day technology changes they can still catch up and will know how to deal with it or use it. Teenagers learning crypto in a very early age is an advantage for they will know how to gain and use the crypto technology to be successful in his/her future. Why not learn it early when you have time? Learn it soon? When there are more additional features on update and will make it more complicated to learn. Start early to master it soon.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:04:47 AM

The idea of hitting it big on at a very young age through cryptocurrency is very appealing to teenagers. Success stories abound, drowning out the news of some students committing suicide due to the losses incurred or failure to handle the stress that comes with the trade. My advice to teens, or to anyone going into cryptocurrency...proceed with caution.

Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:19:39 AM

The idea of hitting it big on at a very young age through cryptocurrency is very appealing to teenagers. Success stories abound, drowning out the news of some students committing suicide due to the losses incurred or failure to handle the stress that comes with the trade. My advice to teens, or to anyone going into cryptocurrency...proceed with caution.
Just like me I am still teenager and now exploring the other world which is not taught in school because they always think that this is just an easy money and should not be tolerated although our government already approves the use of this one they are just kept reminding us that it is not tolerable.
velive08

Activity: 815

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:23:36 AM

Crypto for Teenagers is now almost partially crypto users are teenagers. teenagers are easy to understand technological developments and it's easy to make crypto a good job, so I think teenagers have a big role to crypto.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: