Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:02:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CEX.IO  (Read 69691 times)
papaminer

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Free World

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 05:27:09 PM

Guess who sold at 0.09, thinking the price had bottomed out? I hate trading  Shocked

I sold at 0.099 too...

it would've been a shame if it went up to 0.12

but the highest was 0.10 and now back to 0.0975

so far.. good sell... I guess... Smiley

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:37:29 PM

its so early after the difficulty change that there's plenty of time for the price to drift up before the ritual super crash that happens a few days before the next difficulty change. it seems like ppl are buying and selling more rationally this difficulty period. we would have been past the .1 wall had it not been undercut all day. Once the .1 wall gets eaten up, no resistance til .103-.104. if we break past that, .119 is gonna happen again Smiley just curious as to how soon this will happen. hopefully Monday volume (workplace traders) moves the book along quickly. i don't see the market moving past those giant orders at .13 and .14, however. thats a gambler's buy.

Green

btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 01:11:32 AM

its so early after the difficulty change that there's plenty of time for the price to drift up before the ritual super crash that happens a few days before the next difficulty change. it seems like ppl are buying and selling more rationally this difficulty period. we would have been past the .1 wall had it not been undercut all day. Once the .1 wall gets eaten up, no resistance til .103-.104. if we break past that, .119 is gonna happen again Smiley just curious as to how soon this will happen. hopefully Monday volume (workplace traders) moves the book along quickly. i don't see the market moving past those giant orders at .13 and .14, however. thats a gambler's buy.

Green

As for me, went in, went out. Not going back in Tongue. It was a really insignificant loss, but it still happened. I can't trade well.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
androsyn (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 09:16:15 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2013, 01:14:53 PM by androsyn

Green

well, 1.04 is done.
Next step at 0.10789, more than 75 BTC :#
waltermot321

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 02:17:31 PM

So this is the new miner's game now Smiley

mobile

Activity: 400

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 02:47:59 PM

If thats what you want to call it because Im not sure what to call it. Im still in disbelief, I was sure that after the difficulty change, we would see a large sell off with the highs ranging at 0.07-0.08. Weird market, yet intriguing to say the least. Its clear that ROI will not be seen for a very long time at these prices BUT buying GHS here is still cheaper then buying & hosting block erupters or Blades for example. I wonder how involved cex.io is with the market (the buying & selling of their own commodity). They need to make ROI too! At these prices, their doing well right now and they should because this is a hek of a service. I can imagine this really taking off especially with the stock exchange fiascos.

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 03:05:52 PM

Well, I'll still keep my physical rig and I can't see me getting rid of it for a while. The mining difficulty with BTC is already prohibitive and maybe when it really gets almost impossible to make any sort of reasonable return (that's probably about now in all honesty) I'll look into mining other coins, but I haven't found any pools that look attractive yet so maybe when I find something I like I'll make the switch from BTC to something else. But for now I'll be adding to my rig when my Blue Furies arrive and in the meantime, adding to my CEX account as there's nothing quite like it for flexibility.

It's a good observation you make, I think you're right, this is the new miners game now.

Smiley

mobile

Activity: 400

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 03:42:28 PM

Well, I'll still keep my physical rig and I can't see me getting rid of it for a while. The mining difficulty with BTC is already prohibitive and maybe when it really gets almost impossible to make any sort of reasonable return (that's probably about now in all honesty) I'll look into mining other coins, but I haven't found any pools that look attractive yet so maybe when I find something I like I'll make the switch from BTC to something else. But for now I'll be adding to my rig when my Blue Furies arrive and in the meantime, adding to my CEX account as there's nothing quite like it for flexibility.

It's a good observation you make, I think you're right, this is the new miners game now.

Smiley
Truth!
Adding to OleOle's post, nothing replaces the enjoyment/experience of owning,managing & tweaking your own farm.

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
Andrey

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 09:40:14 PM

I think the recent GH price rise on cex.io was caused by possibility to redeem actual miners.

Although there are 2 factors market did not accounted for yet, which shall correct price greatly:
1. You can redeem same hardware for a price of about BTC0.068 per GH (I've used lowest hashrate from their range). Hardware is in stock here: http://bitbonanza.co/shop/thefirst/ and they have hosting solution too.
2. From the 1st of November there will be a maintenance fee of $0.001 per GH per hour. That is about $0.72 per month (and here is hosting for about $1 per GH (using pessimistic hashrate again). And it is actually much cheaper to pay for electricity then for hosting service at cex.io, right now the hosting is free there.

So  I think price will drop to somewhere closer to BTC0.068 in the nearest future.

androsyn (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 01:19:51 AM

Smiley
Truth!
Adding to OleOle's post, nothing replaces the enjoyment/experience of owning,managing & tweaking your own farm.

yeah great stuff! too bad we can't choose mining pool..yet Wink
but, hey, they have families too
Andrey

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 06:16:05 AM

yeah great stuff! too bad we can't choose mining pool..yet Wink
but, hey, they have families too

Just reclaim and choose the pool you like. What is the problem? With 0% commission and ghash does not look too bad.

OleOle

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:57:18 AM

With 0% commission and ghash does not look too bad.

Yeah, I agree. I point my mining rig at BTC Guild, so with CEX using their Ghash pool, I'm using the two largest pools around, which, all the cool kids tell me, helps to even out the variance and theoretically gives me a better than average chance of statistically higher payouts.

Sounds good I suppose but with rising difficulty, it's not that great seeing the payouts reduce  Undecided

Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:58:27 AM

Yeah, I agree. I point my mining rig at BTC Guild, so with CEX using their Ghash pool, I'm using the two largest pools around, which, all the cool kids tell me, helps to even out the variance and theoretically gives me a better than average chance of statistically higher payouts.

It does reduce variance, but it doesn't give you a better chance at higher payouts.
OleOle

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:40:53 PM

It does reduce variance, but it doesn't give you a better chance at higher payouts.

So you were in such a hurry to post your one line that you rushed your post out 69 seconds after mine?

You didn't add anything interesting to the conversation. I've waited a few hours to see if you'll follow up your remarks with something more than, "My opinion is the most important, only what I say is the truth," style of remark, but so far nothing. Maybe that's all you've got to say? You just barge in on a thread with your quick ejaculate then disappear in a cloud of your own spent arrogance. You'll going to have to do better than that. Fill the page with some statistical nerd wizardry, maybe talk about what makes you think the way you do. I shouldn't have to tell you how or what to write, but then your lack of airs and graces are making you look more than a little socially challenged.

Besides, you obviously weren't one of the cool kids I was talking about or you'd have been a helluva lot more suave than you are.

Roll Eyes

bigb159

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:26:00 PM

I don't know about you guys, but after investing in ASIC hardware and struggling to break even (due to their broken timelines), I'm looking for other places to multiply my BTC, and this seems like the way to go.
kickbit

Activity: 276

In Blockchain We Trust!

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 05:34:35 PM

I'm waiting when the price for GHs goes down. It's really high.

BitMedia.IO - Advertise Your Bitcoin Project!

Realtime Bitcoin Price! Search - "Bitcoin price for Chrome" in Chrome App Store!
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 08:58:53 PM

Bought in today at 0.10784898 with some BTC I keep around for short-term ventures. The concept is interesting but I'm somewhat skeptical of the whole operation; No offense intended to the admins of CEX, but I'm slow to trust anything BTC-related after the many scams that have rocked this community. The fact that the difficulty has been rising so rapidly over the last 3 months also has me concerned about the long-term value of the shares I just purchased...

Still, it's certainly better than just letting my coins sit around in the wallet and gather digital dust all day long Tongue
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 09:32:56 PM

Still, it's certainly better than just letting my coins sit around in the wallet and gather digital dust all day long Tongue

That's debatable and completely depends on whether you can get rid of the shares before they tank too much in price.
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:18:34 PM

That's debatable and completely depends on whether you can get rid of the shares before they tank too much in price.

That's a very pessimistic viewpoint. Also, since shares inherently generate value through their mining power, they would have to drop dramatically in price for me (and other users, for that matter) to not break even at least.

However, I perhaps should have phrased the above differently. It's certainly more interesting than just having coins sitting in a wallet, but I see your point about the potential for loss.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 12:42:58 AM

I see a good resistance at BTC0.10/Gh/s i think it will be great time to trade before the difficulty rises. Also we will see a surge of selling before retarget. Great time to wait.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: