Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:27:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can bitcoin pave the way to a democratic voting process?  (Read 939 times)
iyemroker

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:39:14 AM

the perfect idea to advance the country to be free from corruption, collusion and nepotism.

in my country there is a Campaign for Presidential Election, if Blockchain technology can be used in democratic voting I do not think there will be a duplicate name, because I have all been clear can be seen in BlockExplorer.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kangen riko

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:08:24 AM

Maybe what you mean is blockchain technology, not bitcoin. I think it would be good if the ballot was done using blockchain technology. The use of blockchain technology will save time to determine and announce the results of voting.
Blockchain also supports anonymity, this is of course according to the rules for voting. It can be said of democracy if people can choose without threats or pressure from others, but most contemporary leaders commit fraud to gain seats. They can get hold of the position of the ruler by doing dirty ways by buying citizen votes by giving severance pay and this is still often I meet in many places in my country.
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Blockchain is the only way to have a fair democratic system , either through electoral voting or fighting corruption. With this system, it will be hard to bypass it and cheat. Governments will not be reluctant to implement such technology since they will be found wanting if it goes against them and they won't be able to manipulate it as is done in the ordinary way.
Galih_Al karim

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 08:22:26 AM

What do you think about voting in bitcoin? Yes it could have happened with democratic what if the country wanted bitcoin in their respective country but the fact is still difficult happened, and in my own country there is no ligality for bitcoin.
sureshotcoin

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:53:44 AM

many governments and country election administration are planning to adopt bitcoin and blockchain as the voting model we may soon voting will be blockchain based with no recounting and tapping of machines and more transparency
Crypto_Sassy

Activity: 169
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:31:37 AM

only votes will be recorded in the blockchain, but not the identity otherwise it will defeat the whole purpose.
But I am wondering what will be the coinbase transaction here? What will be the reward of creating the block?
How can you make it decentralized when election process is governed by governments?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: