Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:59:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is eBTC a scam?  (Read 3259 times)
MFWIC

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:04:25 AM

With the devs gone, I would actually buy some now.  I think no one should own or run eBTC.  Just let it run its course as a value place holder.  Maybe one day, people will start to use it, just because it is running wild.  As a disclaimer I will be putting a cheap buy order, just for the fun it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flippener

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 07:09:43 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2017, 04:52:47 PM by flippener

May I know on what exchange you are able to sell your eBTC.

I sold mine on EtherDelta - got about $250 for my airdrop.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

btcthm

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:45:11 PM

yes. SCAM!
cryptosaurier111

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:34:29 PM

from my point of view total scam
kamot

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:19:21 PM

What lends value to the coin?

How is it different from any other coin on Ethereum - at least those provide some sort of business plan which may lead to real value? Does it do anything apart from taking the name Bitcoin, adding e before it for ethereum and use a smart contract for management? Any other features it adds which are not in the underlying platform?

Only plus point for eBTC is that it was freely distributed(?) to 8000 participants. I mean, I can create a coin, distribute 90% or 99.99% of it to others for free and essentially make money for myself for free.

Thoughts?

Is eBTC is a Scam?  Maybe yes, Maybe no. There are many of the users of Bitcoin Forum says it is a scam because they have their reason to believe that it is a total scam while others says it's nkt because they have been earned money in this program from airdrop. It is up to you to believe it or not, just be careful because it can be, or it can't be.
endaiin

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:07:07 AM

What lends value to the coin?

How is it different from any other coin on Ethereum - at least those provide some sort of business plan which may lead to real value? Does it do anything apart from taking the name Bitcoin, adding e before it for ethereum and use a smart contract for management? Any other features it adds which are not in the underlying platform?

Only plus point for eBTC is that it was freely distributed(?) to 8000 participants. I mean, I can create a coin, distribute 90% or 99.99% of it to others for free and essentially make money for myself for free.

Thoughts?

Is eBTC is a Scam?  Maybe yes, Maybe no. There are many of the users of Bitcoin Forum says it is a scam because they have their reason to believe that it is a total scam while others says it's nkt because they have been earned money in this program from airdrop. It is up to you to believe it or not, just be careful because it can be, or it can't be.

Yes eBTC not scam, why some ppl tell this scam  while they got eBTC free (ppl didn't pay). no ICO no crowdsale.
this is a brilliant idea, simple but has deep meaning. this idea confirms the position of eth and btc.
one of the advantages of eBTC, fast enter the market and easily liked by many people.
The Zah

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:07:54 AM

It's most def a scam. The biggest proof is the merchant's websites they claimed have accepted eBTC are fake websites. Go to eBTC's website and click on the link of the merchant's. Do some investigation and you'll quickly realize that they are fake sites. Also haven't you wondered how the claimed adoption came in their first week when literally few even knew the coin exists. There's some coins in the top 100 market cap that haven't had as much adoption as these guys claimed in the first week.
The Zah

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:19:10 AM

When I sold my eBTC I got real money (well, real BTC) so I don't think it was a scam!

Who the fuck said scams don't make money? you'll def make money, and sell your soul in the process.
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:28:00 PM

It's most def a scam. The biggest proof is the merchant's websites they claimed have accepted eBTC are fake websites. Go to eBTC's website and click on the link of the merchant's. Do some investigation and you'll quickly realize that they are fake sites. Also haven't you wondered how the claimed adoption came in their first week when literally few even knew the coin exists. There's some coins in the top 100 market cap that haven't had as much adoption as these guys claimed in the first week.
When you do look on the hype being built on its first week we can really say that this is not like on those old altcoins in the market as of now when they are just starting up.The thing you do mention about the on those fake merchants this is actually true since i did able to search up things on the site when it was still up but now they are all done site+dev then its understandable that they are already packing up their wealth that they do made on this project.It would be still considered as scam by those people who did invest on buying it specially on peak prices.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
djelvis1

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:08:40 AM

Not a scam. telegram is active with devs and strong community. I bought it as soon as I learned about it. I really like the concept and think it will be successful. i've been doing really well with my coin picks. I think this is another winner.
rohitm (OP)

Activity: 246

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 09:24:29 PM

Not a scam. telegram is active with devs and strong community. I bought it as soon as I learned about it. I really like the concept and think it will be successful. i've been doing really well with my coin picks. I think this is another winner.

I must say I'm a little surprised that this still has value and people are still buying this coin on ED. I did not expect it to have a long life.

Still my original post was from the perspective of the creator of the coin - he definitely found a novel way of making money for himself and maybe a few others.

Oo ako to

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:45:14 AM

Yes, all tokens start with e in Ethereum blockchain are pure scams. Don't buy them if you don't want to lose your money.
They try to fool new users in this forum but this scam fashion will die soon.

You can notice that those scams are showing a pattern. First they take the name of any popular coin and then add another word. There are the e-versions, the color versions(red,blue and gold) and the others that are fused with the word "cash". I still can't believe that I still see eBTC until now and it such a sad thing that those who got fooled are buying it and thinking that it has a future.
btcformula

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:47:17 AM

I am not Buyer of eBTC
But I got 2K+ token of eBTC (May be through airdrop). That I sale on EtherDelta & take profit.
** recently they do token swap. Now coin have two form eBTC OLD & eBTC NEW
tailchaser

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:17:05 PM

https://www.ebitcoin.org/

Services Offered by eBitcoin:
https://merchant.ebitcoin.org/
https://globalcryptotime.com/

Exchanges eBTC is listed on
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ebtcnew/#markets

Ecosystem that eBitcoin is developing:
https://www.ebitcoin.org/our-ecosystem/

eBitcoin Ecosystem - The eBitcoin Ecosystem brings together many companies all under one umbrella-type group. Each partner within the Ecosystem works independently and focuses on their specific expertise, but also collaborates with other partners in the Ecosystem for the advancement of the Crypto world.

eBTC Token - The primary utility of the eBTC token is to provide an easy and fast payment solution with respectable transaction fees. It will be the primary payment method used in the eBitcoin Ecosystem.  eBTC has an edge over all existing cryptocurrencies on the Ethereum blockchain as no other token on Ethereum including ETH itself is capable of sending multiple payments in a single transaction.  eBitcoin (eBTC) allows holders to make up to 255 payments in a single transaction saving large amounts of time, energy, and costs.

eBitcoin Foundation - The eBitcoin Foundation is a global community of business professionals who volunteer their time and provide oversight to both the eBitcoin Ecosystem and the eBTC token.

Please everyone, do your own research and Due Diligence.

Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:44:55 PM

<snip>

If a thread is more than three months old and inactive and you have nothing significant to contribute, please do not revive it. This is called thread necromancy and is quite needless and rude.
kabit9

Activity: 853
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:23:03 AM

lol at all the people that said this wasn't a scam.....

Devs gone
Website gone
76% down on the day.
Soon to be valued at $0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000001

Goes to show half of the people on here are chatting utter shit.

It's quite sad really

Are you guys living under a rock or in a cave with no decent access to the internet?

Who said the devs are gone?  There is an active dev team at work
Website gone?  Really?  Oh, whats this - https://www.ebitcoin.org/ ?
60% up today? oh wow, this must be the next bitcoin with your logic.
Soon to be valued at whatever a speculative idiot is ready to pay for it.

I received ebtc as an Airdrop in October and have been holding on to my coins. Today they are work around $3,000, tomorrow they maybe worth $3 or $30,000 I dont know, the market is highly speculative and almost 99% of coins have no real use cases.  But the ebtc team is trying very hard to change that and it is actively trying to get merchants added and additional visibility through partnerships and marketing.  

Scam it is not.
Should it exist, thats another point entirely.

tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:03:09 PM

There is an airdrop due on this. Anyone holding ebtc in their wallet,not exchange, on 17th March will receive the airdrop.
masterchief001

Activity: 585

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:26:52 AM

Any electronic currency is not a scam. Only those who use it are scam. Bitcoin or ETH value depends on the player. Living in today's integration, development need to have quick payment methods, advantageous bitcoin born has met that demand.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:02:05 AM

Any electronic currency is not a scam. Only those who use it are scam. Bitcoin or ETH value depends on the player. Living in today's integration, development need to have quick payment methods, advantageous bitcoin born has met that demand.

are you sure about that? ive seen several coins that are now becoming obsolete because they dont have really a purpose and devs dont update them anymore , those coins were only built for a pump and scheme . I guess Those types of coins are scam and this ebtc coin is verry simillar to them because ebtc had also pumped once when it was still new to the public but eventually this ebtc coin dont increase anymore and it is slowly forgotten by the people. Overall i believe ebtc is a scam and inventors of this coins , only wants to get profit to whom who may invested on it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: