Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:23:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra (2TH/s) at a discounted price (Dec/Jan)! -Deal is Over-  (Read 3157 times)
bitsalame (OP)
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 01:08:53 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2013, 03:18:42 AM by bitsalame

Edit:
=This deal is not available anymore=
Thank you for your time fellas Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GrapeApe

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 01:56:11 AM

Forgive me if I seem sceptical here but you are offering to sell some of your already ordered and paid for Cointerra machines at a discounted price in Dec/Jan when you get them delivered. So are they all the 2 TH/s boxes because I could afford a 1 TH/s box in Dec/Jan. But I'll be honest this seems strange to me and I don't know why you would be offering this. Do they not offer a refund if you are really experiencing buyers remorse?
bitsalame (OP)
Donator

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 02:45:34 AM

Forgive me if I seem sceptical here but you are offering to sell some of your already ordered and paid for Cointerra machines at a discounted price in Dec/Jan when you get them delivered. So are they all the 2 TH/s boxes because I could afford a 1 TH/s box in Dec/Jan. But I'll be honest this seems strange to me and I don't know why you would be offering this. Do they not offer a refund if you are really experiencing buyers remorse?

I am offering the 2TH/s TerraMiners IV scheduled for December (which are currently sold out in their website) and the ones scheduled for January.
As I suggested between the lines, I had many orders. Usually in the business world, wholesale prices are lower than retail prices.
So even with the 5% discount I am not only covering the cost, but also getting a profit.

PS: Just a reminder, the retail price for TerraMiners IV (Dec) was 13,999 USD. The Retail price for Terraminer IV (Jan) is $5999.
I am offering 5% lower for one machine, from either batch. If you are interested in more rigs, I can offer a better deal.

Anyone interested, just post. I am open to listen to offers.
thoughtcourier

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:03:19 AM

In short, I am interested. Long story short, Cointerra sounds extremely credible to me.

Depending on where you are located, I would also be happy to show up in person and pay in cash. But of course, at that point, you will probably want to renege and sell them for market price (probably much higher if they deliver on time).

Let me know the terms of the agreement and maybe we can work something out.
bitsalame (OP)
Donator

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:25:24 AM

In short, I am interested. Long story short, Cointerra sounds extremely credible to me.

Depending on where you are located, I would also be happy to show up in person and pay in cash. But of course, at that point, you will probably want to renege and sell them for market price (probably much higher if they deliver on time).

Let me know how many are you interested in purchasing?
Even if they deliver on schedule I still will be offering you at the discounted price, my word is my bond.
zikeji

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:37:30 AM

Quite a steep price change xD.

So when in January is it expected to ship?

And you're offering these at $5699.05 each(Jan. batch)?

I'm a hobbyist mainly, I hope I'd break even eventually.
bitsalame (OP)
Donator

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:41:35 AM

That would be correct.
zikeji

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:47:38 AM

That would be correct.

And this amount would be due January when you have the device in hand? Is there some sort of reservation necessary?
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 02:13:26 PM

I dont see the point?
Either by January difficulty will be so high that these machines will no longer be sensible investments (my guess) that are likely to provide an ROI (*). 5% discount isnt likely to make the difference. In this case,  almost no one posting here would honor their non binding commitment.
Or these machines would be (very) lucrative and you would be nuts to sell them, particularly at a discount.

Chances that Cointerra got their pricing so right it ends up being somewhere inbetween, like KnC machines that would be shipped next week or so, seems slim.
So this seems like a most likely loss/loss situation for you.

(*) Yes I have seen all the ROI definition discussions. Providing a "return on investment" implies its non zero and positive, and therefore a profit is made,no matter how small and no matter if you express it as % or in absolutes.
thoughtcourier

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:25:01 PM

I dont see the point?
Either by January difficulty will be so high that these machines will no longer be sensible investments (my guess) that are likely to provide an ROI (*). 5% discount isnt likely to make the difference. In this case,  almost no one posting here would honor their non binding commitment.
Or these machines would be (very) lucrative and you would be nuts to sell them, particularly at a discount.

Chances that Cointerra got their pricing so right it ends up being somewhere inbetween, like KnC machines that would be shipped next week or so, seems slim.
So this seems like a most likely loss/loss situation for you.

(*) Yes I have seen all the ROI definition discussions. Providing a "return on investment" implies its non zero and positive, and therefore a profit is made,no matter how small and no matter if you express it as % or in absolutes.

Yeah this is the tricky part. Maybe we can work something out like NashX to make it reasonably binding. But the bottom line is that I want the extra risk exposure and bitsalame does not, so I'm sure we can work something out.

Let me know how many are you interested in purchasing?
Even if they deliver on schedule I still will be offering you at the discounted price, my word is my bond.

I would like to buy one of the January first batch.
- I would like to pick it up out of Austin or maybe wherever you live.
-- Having it reshipped to me is reasonable, but then we have the payment problem below.

- I would like to pay in cash in person.
-- I can pay in BTC, but if I am to pay any time before goods are delivered, I will want some other reassurance.
bitsalame (OP)
Donator

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:33:16 PM

That would be correct.

And this amount would be due January when you have the device in hand? Is there some sort of reservation necessary?
Right. We can also use escrow. Let's use John or any other trusting member of the community to hold the funds.
That would actually work better for both of us.
Also, it would be no problem with people coming to pick it up personally.

@Puppet
Selling at a discount is actually a win-win situation, I get some profit, you get it cheaper.
If I don't gather enough demand, selling at least half of the machines that I ordered, I will ask a refund to CoinTerra and recover the cost.
thoughtcourier

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:21:24 PM

That would be correct.

Right. We can also use escrow. Let's use John or any other trusting member of the community to hold the funds.
That would actually work better for both of us.
Also, it would be no problem with people coming to pick it up personally.

@Puppet
Selling at a discount is actually a win-win situation, I get some profit, you get it cheaper.
If I don't gather enough demand, selling at least half of the machines that I ordered, I will ask a refund to CoinTerra and recover the cost.

Sounds good to me. My suggestion is that if there's enough interest to arrange the following contract:

> Buyer and seller puts up 5-20 btc to escrow
> If trade is successful, escrow is released back to buyer/seller
> If trade is unsuccessful, escrow is released back to the party not at fault

You can reserve me for 1, but I may change my mind as conditions develop. Specifically, I'm hoping for a return to CC support from CoinTerra. The frequent flyer mile bonus I will receive is approximately a 5% discount already.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 07:11:03 AM

I am interested but I won't have the funds until December at the earliest.

Miner99er

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 06:58:35 PM

I'll do this Via paypal. I don't have the BTC available (already cashed out) and was going to buy Cointerra IV 1GH units in a couple weeks. If you're 5% lower, I'll buy from you.

Also, where are you located if we were to pick it up personally?

Bought From Yochdogx2, Alexmat, SgtSpike, David_Benz, Beaflag VonRathburg, Slaveindebt, Cptmooseinc, Coinhoarder

Donations? SURE! 16foPr8FAjYXKL8ApQAzihnigXm1qNhi8Q

http://pyramining.com/referral/yfab9med7   
http://pyramining.com/referral/ahmc7en6z
http://pyramining.com/referral/pagndq4xc   
http://pyramining.com/referral/79b2gmrzx
http://pyramining.com/referral/e2ghz4asy
dragonkid

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 07:09:30 PM

I am offering the 2TH/s TerraMiners IV scheduled for December (which are currently sold out in their website) and the ones scheduled for January.
As I suggested between the lines, I had many orders. Usually in the business world, wholesale prices are lower than retail prices.
So even with the 5% discount I am not only covering the cost, but also getting a profit.

PS: Just a reminder, the retail price for TerraMiners IV (Dec) was 13,999 USD. The Retail price for Terraminer IV (Jan) is $5999.
I am offering 5% lower for one machine, from either batch. If you are interested in more rigs, I can offer a better deal.

Anyone interested, just post. I am open to listen to offers.

Good luck to you, I was going to get CoinTerra, but they stop accepting credit card. So I got two KnCMiner instead.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 07:12:13 PM

It looks like a straight-up group buy, and for the privilege of organizing it you get a re-seller relationship.  I'm on the fence.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
bitsalame (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:22:21 AM

It looks like a straight-up group buy, and for the privilege of organizing it you get a re-seller relationship.  I'm on the fence.
With the difference that I took all the risks by putting money upfront to an untested company, while you were asked only a verbal commitment or an escrow which ensures that you can get your money back anytime.
I was transferring your risk to me, and you were about to get the best deal out there.

In any case, I decided to ask a refund.
Not worth this effort for just a few couple of orders.

Thank you for your time.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 03:31:26 AM

It looks like a straight-up group buy, and for the privilege of organizing it you get a re-seller relationship.  I'm on the fence.
With the difference that I took all the risks by putting money upfront to an untested company, while you were asked only a verbal commitment or an escrow which ensures that you can get your money back anytime.
I was transferring your risk to me, and you were about to get the best deal out there.

In any case, I decided to ask a refund.
Not worth this effort for just a few couple of orders.

Thank you for your time.

I didn't mean to minimize your effort, only to point out that you weren't getting enough out of it to make it worth it to you.
If you start again with a model that lets you be comfortable with the risk, let us know please?
I was on the fence not because of the deal you offered, which is generous, just needed time to research the product.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: