Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:49:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XSPEC x200 this year  (Read 2089 times)
BitcoinSkull

Activity: 63
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:26:15 PM

I'm just a community member so I can only respond to what I know:

How on Earth have jbg mixed up 1.4 code with stealth staking? How long is he taking to cherry pick a few commits?

I really have no idea what you're going on about. JBG has never "mixed up" 1.4 code with Stealth Staking. Not sure what you even mean by that.

- Why after almost a week jbg still does not know how much work is left to finish 1.4? And after 3 weeks of announcing that 1.4 was on time for the end of February?

If you were actually doing your research instead of camping BCT to spread FUD about XSPEC specifically (the reason you made this account), you'd see that JBG said this when asked:

Question: Not sure why have you mentioned bug fixing for 1.3, because like two weeks ago you said 1.4. is still expected end of February?

"Originally i was thinking i could pull a crazy week and get it done. I probably got a week to a week and a half behind working on v1.3 bugfixes and i thought i could pull long days for the rest of feb and get it done but life got in the way and i could pull no days for a while and right now i'm not really up to pulling long days. It will be over a week, just to make it clear that it's not imminent. Other than that, I don't think it's a good idea for me to give any indication right at this moment, because I need to take stock of what work remains and get a clear idea myself. I'll give an update as soon as I'm able."

He followed up and said a specific announcement about 1.4 will follow in the next few days.

Why has jbg lied in 1.3.5 release notes saying he has implemented "Automatic ring size determination for stealth transactions"?

What? Automatic ring size determination for stealth transactions was included in the 1.3.4 update list that was bundled into 1.3.5 release.

Why has jbg lied about his software development experience? After a private chat with him, where he was of course trying to minimise the mistake ("everyone exaggerates experience") I had a recognized loyal member of XSPEC community telling me that jbg told him he has 25 years of dev experience, and he is in his 20s. This was not exaggerating, this was lying.

JBG already responded to 20 years of dev experience claim, so now you've switched to "someone" now told you it was 25 years and hes in his 20's. Mandica, who knows more about JBG than you and google do, has verified that hes not in his twenties.

Where is Bryce work? Can jbg show his 6 months worth of development? Maybe to some XSPEC community longstanding members?

JBG has already made it clear that Bryce's work will be shown when the time comes with a Ghostpaper and the code. An XSPEC community "longstanding member" isn't a merit for showing someone a game-changing proof of code to.  Cheesy

Does jbg think it's realistic to say that learning a code base, a few library updates, UI fixes, CI and ability to send money to developer is enough work for 9 months for 1 developer (plus one developer for 6 months)? What does jbg have to say about 3 independent reviews of his code (this thread you are reading, but also here and here) where we all agree he is not working full-time? Can jbg give us some proofs of the contrary? Also some people from XSPEC community agrees on this him.

Hahahaha, "independent reviews of his code". A random person on the internet who claims to be a software dev looking at a github repository is not as merited as you're making it out to be. Also, using the evidence YOU just provided, one of the threads states this:

It's true that it's a lot of library updating, but it's not like the developer only changed a handful of simple codelines, which preshpr1nce's thread makes it sound like.

The negative aspects for me when looking at the git repository are two things:
1. The developer is not good at commenting his commits, and even though the codebase was forked, he should also get better at commenting the code changes he makes
2. There were no commits after January 30st

However, the activity shown in the repository between December and January seems to show genuine efforts by a busy developer and the claims by preshpr1nce's post, while not being inherently wrong, seem to be largely exaggerated.

Soon JBG will only be rewarded through results-based payments from Staking Donations and then it will be up to a council to decide whether or not his changes and updates were worth the payment. Whether or not you think the 100k was worth the last few months of development work by JBG and Brycel is irrelevant because its all opinion based.

Why is jbg talking about "zero reward" from XSPEC? The donation address in control by him received so far ~100k XSPECs, which in my opinion is a very good deal for what optimistically seems a part time job for him.

Again, not sure what you're referring to here, but before JBG's leave of absence, they had not withdrawn any XSPEC from the donation address from until recently. Which was what I assume the "no reward comment" stemmed from.

Is jbg planning to exit soon?

If he is thats a decision only he can make and know. As of now it looks like hes helping to develop a solid core team of developers for the project so I'd say no for the immediate future.

How many coins does Mandica hold?

Not sure where this comes into play, she was the original founder of the project so I assume she holds a decent amount of coins.

I find it hilarious that in your original post you said:

I already spent too much time on this and I need to move on  Smiley. For this reason I don't think I am going to reply.

Not only did you continue to respond to that thread, but you've now been a part of countless other threads while continuing to spread the same uncertainty and doubt that was the basis of your first thread. I find it laughable to claim that you have no horse in the race but yet you created a fresh account for the post and have continued to slam XSPEC since then. I appreciated the research in the first post but its clear that NOTHING is going to be good enough for you, or the other usual suspect fudders. My intentions are clear because I believe in the project, but what are yours?  Huh
clartedscunner

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:04:07 PM

Its just a hype coin
gunner833

Activity: 73
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:59:48 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2018, 11:10:00 PM by gunner833

I really have no idea what you're going on about. JBG has never "mixed up" 1.4 code with Stealth Staking. Not sure what you even mean by that.

I thought you would have answered only on things you knew, like stated on your first sentence?

- Why after almost a week jbg still does not know how much work is left to finish 1.4? And after 3 weeks of announcing that 1.4 was on time for the end of February?

If you were actually doing your research instead of camping BCT to spread FUD about XSPEC specifically (the reason you made this account), you'd see that JBG said this when asked:

Question: Not sure why have you mentioned bug fixing for 1.3, because like two weeks ago you said 1.4. is still expected end of February?

"Originally i was thinking i could pull a crazy week and get it done. I probably got a week to a week and a half behind working on v1.3 bugfixes and i thought i could pull long days for the rest of feb and get it done but life got in the way and i could pull no days for a while and right now i'm not really up to pulling long days. It will be over a week, just to make it clear that it's not imminent. Other than that, I don't think it's a good idea for me to give any indication right at this moment, because I need to take stock of what work remains and get a clear idea myself. I'll give an update as soon as I'm able."

He followed up and said a specific announcement about 1.4 will follow in the next few days.

You say I haven't done my research, but I have. I have read that message and it does not answer my question. Because:
1 - mid Feb jbg says it's looking good to release by the end of Feb. So he knows how much work is left and he had a plan to finish it.
2 - jbg disappears and comes back in March
3 - jbg says he needs 24h/48h hours to announce another release date. This simply means he doesn't know how much work is left.
4 - more than 48h later jbg says he's not going to say a release date as "it's not imminent". After more than 48h, he still does not know how much work is left.
5 - today jbg makes an announcement saying it will announce something about 1.4 soon. An announcement of an announcement. And he still does not know how much work is left.

Can you understand now why I am making the question? And why what he wrote and you reported doesn't answer this question at all?

Why has jbg lied in 1.3.5 release notes saying he has implemented "Automatic ring size determination for stealth transactions"?

What? Automatic ring size determination for stealth transactions was included in the 1.3.4 update list that was bundled into 1.3.5 release.

I thought you would have answered only on things you knew, like stated on your first sentence?

Why has jbg lied about his software development experience? After a private chat with him, where he was of course trying to minimise the mistake ("everyone exaggerates experience") I had a recognized loyal member of XSPEC community telling me that jbg told him he has 25 years of dev experience, and he is in his 20s. This was not exaggerating, this was lying.

JBG already responded to 20 years of dev experience claim, so now you've switched to "someone" now told you it was 25 years and hes in his 20's. Mandica, who knows more about JBG than you and google do, has verified that hes not in his twenties.

I perfectly know who he is and the date of his birthday, he's on his 20s. Mandica is lying. Again I thought you would have answered only on things you knew, like stated on your first sentence?

Where is Bryce work? Can jbg show his 6 months worth of development? Maybe to some XSPEC community longstanding members?

JBG has already made it clear that Bryce's work will be shown when the time comes with a Ghostpaper and the code. An XSPEC community "longstanding member" isn't a merit for showing someone a game-changing proof of code to.  Cheesy

Sure, if you are happy with that, I am happy.

Does jbg think it's realistic to say that learning a code base, a few library updates, UI fixes, CI and ability to send money to developer is enough work for 9 months for 1 developer (plus one developer for 6 months)? What does jbg have to say about 3 independent reviews of his code (this thread you are reading, but also here and here) where we all agree he is not working full-time? Can jbg give us some proofs of the contrary? Also some people from XSPEC community agrees on this him.

Hahahaha, "independent reviews of his code". A random person on the internet who claims to be a software dev looking at a github repository is not as merited as you're making it out to be. Also, using the evidence YOU just provided, one of the threads states this:

It's true that it's a lot of library updating, but it's not like the developer only changed a handful of simple codelines, which preshpr1nce's thread makes it sound like.

The negative aspects for me when looking at the git repository are two things:
1. The developer is not good at commenting his commits, and even though the codebase was forked, he should also get better at commenting the code changes he makes
2. There were no commits after January 30st

However, the activity shown in the repository between December and January seems to show genuine efforts by a busy developer and the claims by preshpr1nce's post, while not being inherently wrong, seem to be largely exaggerated.

Soon JBG will only be rewarded through results-based payments from Staking Donations and then it will be up to a council to decide whether or not his changes and updates were worth the payment. Whether or not you think the 100k was worth the last few months of development work by JBG and Brycel is irrelevant because its all opinion based.

You haven't reported his response after. He's basically saying for him it's not a scam, but he agrees with me he's not working full time and he's exaggerating. After this, calling it scam or not is subjective.

Why is jbg talking about "zero reward" from XSPEC? The donation address in control by him received so far ~100k XSPECs, which in my opinion is a very good deal for what optimistically seems a part time job for him.

Again, not sure what you're referring to here, but before JBG's leave of absence, they had not withdrawn any XSPEC from the donation address from until recently. Which was what I assume the "no reward comment" stemmed from.

I thought you would have answered only on things you knew, like stated on your first sentence? If you can't even check how much money the donation address has received and he already trasferred before replying, not worth discussing this one with you, I am wasting my time.

Is jbg planning to exit soon?

If he is thats a decision only he can make and know. As of now it looks like hes helping to develop a solid core team of developers for the project so I'd say no for the immediate future.

How many coins does Mandica hold?

Not sure where this comes into play, she was the original founder of the project so I assume she holds a decent amount of coins.

I find it hilarious that in your original post you said:

I already spent too much time on this and I need to move on  Smiley. For this reason I don't think I am going to reply.

Not only did you continue to respond to that thread, but you've now been a part of countless other threads while continuing to spread the same uncertainty and doubt that was the basis of your first thread. I find it laughable to claim that you have no horse in the race but yet you created a fresh account for the post and have continued to slam XSPEC since then. I appreciated the research in the first post but its clear that NOTHING is going to be good enough for you, or the other usual suspect fudders. My intentions are clear because I believe in the project, but what are yours?  Huh

The reason I am replying, which I said also in other posts, is because of people like you, who are going around and talk without having the knowledge. It's just annoying. So if you want me here, please continue.

The other thing which is crazy to me is that people like you don't understand that I am doing your community a favor. You are now forced to create a more transparent workflow, which will be helpful for your community in the long run, if it lasts. Or jbg will run away with the money and the project will fail. In both cases, I am helping you. And if the first case happens and is done well, I am probably going to buy XSPEC.
Kennedy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:27:46 PM

Jan 13 2018: 5.46 USD
March 08 2018: 0.63 USD

It is a nonsensical cryptocurrency that will never really be appreciated. I do not believe that Xspec will be valued. This is impossible.
BitcoinSkull

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:10:19 AM

Jan 13 2018: 5.46 USD
March 08 2018: 0.63 USD

So every coin that dropped that much must be dead? From the height of the alt market to now, a bearish alt market?  Sick stats  Cheesy

You say I haven't done my research, but I have. I have read that message and it does not answer my question. Because:
1 - mid Feb jbg says it's looking good to release by the end of Feb. So he knows how much work is left and he had a plan to finish it.
2 - jbg disappears and comes back in March
3 - jbg says he needs 24h/48h hours to announce another release date. This simply means he doesn't know how much work is left.
4 - more than 48h later jbg says he's not going to say a release date as "it's not imminent". After more than 48h, he still does not know how much work is left.
5 - today jbg makes an announcement saying it will announce something about 1.4 soon. An announcement of an announcement. And he still does not know how much work is left.

Can you understand now why I am making the question? And why what he wrote and you reported doesn't answer this question at all?

I clearly explained what happened with JBG and yet somehow you still have questions. JBG said mid Feb that the end-Feb release window looked good. He planned on pulling some long days to grind through and complete it since he got set back from some 1.3 bugs. Someone close to him passed away so he stepped away for a week or two in February.

Just so you're with me: At this point that means there approximately TWO WEEKS of LONG NIGHTS finishing 1.4 left. So, when he comes back in March, he announces what happens and says 1.4 is going to be delayed. He says its going to take OVER a week, but hes not going to give an exact window because he needs to gather his thoughts and take a log of what still needs to be done and doesn't feel up to pulling long nights. He was dealing with a loss for the last two weeks, are you so daft that you'd think when he gets back he'd be 100% in the mindset of picking back up immediately? I've coded C# projects and even after a couple days its hard to get back to where I was and get a handle on things. JBG then made an official announcement about the bringing on of new developers and decentralizing the development to help whats currently ailing the project and said a 1.4 announcement will follow soon.

If you can't get a grasp on baby-fed information, you're either slow or a troll. I'm not going to bother responding to you repeating the same sentence over and over because you can't come up with a thoughtful response. This will be my last response to you because while I'll engage thoughtful discussions, this has quickly devolved into you acting like a child.
Cryptodaddy05

Activity: 252
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:26:36 AM

XSPECT was hyped a lot in January, but like some other hyped privacy coins such as PIVX and ONION it’s price performance since then has been disappointing. I can’t see it doing any more than 2-5x this year. I’ve put my allocation for privacy coins into bigger coins such as XMR and ZCASH.

ZClassic was a special case I think, where there was a hard fork of ZCL into Bitcoin Private with BTCP given 1:1 to the 4 million ZClassic coins and 17 million Bitcoin coins - and it was thought BTCP would list at $200 plus, and maybe get to the value of Bitcoin Cash. But BTCP is only worth $93 today, and ZCL is only worth $17 so you’re out of pocket if you bought ZCL for more than $100 before the fork. What will happen with that is unknown now, but yeah it would have been good if you’d bought ZClassic cheap and sold at the $200 with the BTCP hype or in the unlikely event that BTCP does a BCH!

Hello to Viper 🐍 - sorry Viser & Kavad 🍺
gunner833

Activity: 73
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:43:16 AM

bla bla bla

You don't even realise that you're contradicting yourself. Glad you're not going to reply anymore here!
KimJungUn

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:22:05 PM

This coin is absolutely CRASHING.  It is at $0.59 and crashing more each day.  You don't see this type of crash in the other coins.

It seems people are FINALLY realizing and seeing the true intentions of this coin and that it is a scam.  The people here really uncovered in these threads the true lack of tech in this coin.  Bitcoin Skull heckled me for my prediction a few months back when it would hit $0.90, but it crashed even WORSE than that.

I don't see this coin hitting more than a few cents in the next month or two.
larsbalzak

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:39:52 PM

This coin is absolutely CRASHING.  It is at $0.59 and crashing more each day.  You don't see this type of crash in the other coins.

It seems people are FINALLY realizing and seeing the true intentions of this coin and that it is a scam.  The people here really uncovered in these threads the true lack of tech in this coin.  Bitcoin Skull heckled me for my prediction a few months back when it would hit $0.90, but it crashed even WORSE than that.

Don't pretend like you're not buying lol.  Grin
KimJungUn

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:44:17 PM

Don't pretend like you're not buying lol.  Grin

Don't try and make light of the situation.  Honest to God, I never will and never have bought this shitcoin.  Especially after the revelations that came out the past few weeks lol.
BitcoinSkull

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:50:13 PM

Honest to God, I will and always have bought this greatcoin.  Especially after the revelations that came out the past few weeks lol.

Same, me too bro. Glad you're coming around. Can't wait for 1.4, you should join the discord and come discuss.  Kiss
KimJung-il

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:59:29 PM

This coin is absolutely a BARGAIN.  It is at $0.59 and is barely getting cheaper more each day.  You don't see this type of sale in the other coins.

It seems people are FINALLY realizing and seeing the true intentions of this coin and that it is a solid project.  The people here really uncovered in these threads the true level of expertise by JBG in this coin.  Bitcoin Skull corrected my son for his prediction a few months back when it would hit $0.90, but its even BETTER than that.

I don't see this coin hitting more than a few cents lower in the next month or two.
KimJungUn

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:28:48 PM

This coin is absolutely a BARGAIN.  It is at $0.59 and is barely getting cheaper more each day.  You don't see this type of sale in the other coins.

It seems people are FINALLY realizing and seeing the true intentions of this coin and that it is a solid project.  The people here really uncovered in these threads the true level of expertise by JBG in this coin.  Bitcoin Skull corrected my son for his prediction a few months back when it would hit $0.90, but its even BETTER than that.

I don't see this coin hitting more than a few cents lower in the next month or two.

Lmao, shows how desperate people are.  They have to create a name similar to mine in order to disguise the truth.

Anyways, trying to fool the people is not in the best interest of people and reflects poorly on the coin itself.  The facts in this thread can't be hidden,  it just shows how low people go in order to scam people.

This coin is CRASHING HARD.  It's an utter SCAM COIN, and the users here are trying to fool people (as seen in the above user trying to use a similar name as me)
KimJung-il

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:33:46 PM

Lmao, shows how desperate people are.  They have to create a name similar to mine in order to disguise the truth.

Anyways, trying to fool the people is not in the best interest of people and reflects poorly on the user themselves.  The facts in this thread can't be hidden,  it just shows how low people go in order to hide bargains from people.

This coin is A GREAT BARGAIN.  It's an utter GREAT COIN, and the users here are trying to fool people (as seen in the above user trying to use a similar name as me)
KimJungUn

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:37:08 PM

Anyways, trying to fool the people is not in the best interest of people and reflects poorly on the user themselves.  The facts in this thread can't be hidden,  it just shows how low people go in order to hide bargains from people.

This coin is A GREAT BARGAIN.  It's an utter GREAT COIN, and the users here are trying to fool people (as seen in the above user trying to use a similar name as me)

This is outright cringy, and reflects poorly on the coin.  Keep it up!  It's crashing harder since you posted this (currently at $0.56)
KimJung-il

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:42:41 PM

Anyways, trying to fool the people is not in the best interest of people and reflects poorly on the coin itself.  The facts in this thread can't be hidden,  it just shows how low people go in order to scam people.

This coin is CRASHING HARD.  It's an utter SCAM COIN, and the users here are trying to fool people (as seen in the above user trying to use a similar name as me)

This is outright cringy, and reflects poorly on yourself.  Keep it up!  It's becoming even more of a bargain since you posted this (currently at $0.56)
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:03:59 PM

Wow, 3 accounts for FUD of Spectrecoin with a terrible name, and thats just what we know about.

Thats like virgin level 1000, stay in parents basement for 3 decades, achievement unlocked status!

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
BitcoinSkull

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:14:40 PM

Wow, 3 accounts for FUD of Spectrecoin with a terrible name, and thats just what we know about.

Thats like virgin level 1000, stay in parents basement for 3 decades, achievement unlocked status!

I can't tell if he made another account and is trolling his other account... or if hes just engaging with another troll. Either way, I'm not sure why hes entertaining responses.
KimJungUn

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:26:49 PM

I can't tell if he made another account and is trolling his other account... or if hes just engaging with another troll. Either way, I'm not sure why hes entertaining responses.

Actually, it's most likely you.  You edited my response then almost instantly there's a fake account similar to mine that does the same thing and edited my response.

Again, I messaged a moderator to confirm that this is my ONLY account and the ONLY IP that I post from, but didn't get a response back a month ago.  Here is verification ( https://imgur.com/a/nXQ4O ) to confirm.   If you want to help me find another moderator, you can summon them and I agree to letting them post publicly to confirm this is my only username/IP that I post from and have Smiley  

I take it you will do the same!   I will message a few other moderators/admins, will you agree also to let the moderator publicly announce any usernames that you have?  So I can link them this thread and they will post?

BitcoinSkull

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:00:36 PM

There's no point in me creating it, its dumb and I can just as easily troll you without making a new account. I would guess someone got the idea from my response to you. Not sure why you're even responding to them as they are clearly trolling you.

Do you think maybe the mods aren't interested in verifying some random trolls request about IP addresses and usernames?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: