Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:38:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Germany has no TAX when buying coffee using bitcoin  (Read 177 times)
rommelzkie (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:54:39 AM

There is a recent news that Germany doesn't TAX you if you use your bitcoin to buy coffee or any merchandise that accepts bitcoin as payment. However if you convert your bitcoin into FIAT you will need to pay for tax.

Good job Germany. i hope more country will follow.

https://www.coindesk.com/germany-considers-crypto-legal-equivalent-to-fiat-for-tax-purposes/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Payapa

Activity: 138
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:16:51 AM

One good thing about Germany's move is that they kept it decentralized through the taxes. They instilled the tax inclusion when making FIAT out of your BTC, but letting the BTC tax-free when used directly for goods. Great job indeed Germany. Cheesy Hopefully other countries would follow what they've done in the near future, and more establishments would be open for crypto payments.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
CoPil

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:11:27 PM

There is a recent news that Germany doesn't TAX you if you use your bitcoin to buy coffee or any merchandise that accepts bitcoin as payment. However if you convert your bitcoin into FIAT you will need to pay for tax.

https://www.coindesk.com/germany-considers-crypto-legal-equivalent-to-fiat-for-tax-purposes/

Wow Germany knows what a decentralized currency indeed. But as of now I think, they just acknowledge Bitcoin and not the alts. Converting to FIAT with taxes is fine, at least I think they're into regulating BTC. That's a really great news from Germany! I was just recently talking about Bitcoin and cryptos to my relatives since they're curious about what I am into. I wonder if my German cousin knows about it.. they just came back from a one month vacation in our country a month ago, and I hope that they'll engage in this too since
 it shows that their country really acknowledge cryptocurrency, just like here in PH.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:23:02 PM

What if you buy more expensive items, like a computer, car or (drum roll) house?
Seems like these can be merchandise.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
walterw
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

Do you need a campaign manager? PM me.

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:24:31 PM

I think Germany will change this situation in a few years. Tax laws change from month to month.
Therefore, it will be only temporary that you only have to pay taxes when you exchange btc to fiat.

Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:27:21 PM

I suspect this news is true. If it is true, all people can buy anything they want without paying the taxes. Why should the government allow people to not pay tax and miss the outcome? What is the benefit to the government?
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:01:35 AM
Merited by squatter (1)

What if you buy more expensive items, like a computer, car or (drum roll) house?
Seems like these can be merchandise.
You still have to pay VAT for those things, but only once since you're using Bitcoin which is VAT exempt.

The thing is, the the article is a bit misleading (especially the title), you still need to pay taxes. If you live in Germany and you've been holding your BTC or another cryptocurrency for over a year and you want to buy  a coffe, a car, or a house using crypto, then you're VAT free only once (no extra tax for using cryptos). But if you just read the news and you're planning to buy a car with the coins you've been holding for less than a year, then including VAT once (19%), you must pay taxes for income or capital gains which I believe is 25%.

Overall, Bitcoin can still be taxed in Germany.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
staywoke081

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

Santa Coin

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:06:26 AM

Wow? If true that is phenomenal for bitcoin users in Germany. Cmon rest of the world, catch up to these Germans!

levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:27:52 AM

Cool, the German government looks like supporting their country to accept bitcoin and using it.
not only bitcoin i think, the other cryptocurrencies too. i hope the other country will do the same.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: