Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:42:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will there be a "next Ethereum"?  (Read 412 times)
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:14:22 AM

Ethereum is facing a lot of competition from platforms like EOS, NEM, NXT, Lisk, Waves, NEO, Stratis, Chainlink, DragonChain and others.  The playing field is very competitive, but Ethereum has a clear advantage in usage and community.  Do you think these other projects stand a chance?  If so, which ones?

I don't know. That is a very tricky question, and it's impossible to answer. It's the same thing with bitcoin and other "currency" coins, like dash, litecoin, monero, zcash, etc. There is a "king" for the payment method goal, that is bitcoin, and there is a "king" for the platform for crypto startups that is ethereum. Both of them have the advantage of being the first, and now have the largest community around them (investors, supports, developers, miners, etc). So one of these "new" coins would have to be truly amazing to take their place. There is to much at risk right now, so unless something truly advanced shows up, or these two will always stay ahead.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:28:02 AM

Ethereum is facing a lot of competition from platforms like EOS, NEM, NXT, Lisk, Waves, NEO, Stratis, Chainlink, DragonChain and others.  The playing field is very competitive, but Ethereum has a clear advantage in usage and community.  Do you think these other projects stand a chance?  If so, which ones?

I don't know. That is a very tricky question, and it's impossible to answer. It's the same thing with bitcoin and other "currency" coins, like dash, litecoin, monero, zcash, etc. There is a "king" for the payment method goal, that is bitcoin, and there is a "king" for the platform for crypto startups that is ethereum. Both of them have the advantage of being the first, and now have the largest community around them (investors, supports, developers, miners, etc). So one of these "new" coins would have to be truly amazing to take their place. There is to much at risk right now, so unless something truly advanced shows up, or these two will always stay ahead.

That's deeply convincing and good way to state the purpose in first place. The main purpose is what defines about the coin and there is no need to place any of them in the first place or to state that this coin would be Ethereum or that would be next Bitcoin because that doesn't make any sense if we think about the prupsoe for which each coin has been formed. I mean obviously they are always king in the field or sector for which they were made! They are unique in their own ways and I believe they should be seen like that only.

It doesn't matter what prices they carry, what they have is what interests people more.
CryptoMoonDevil

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:30:43 AM

as long as the platform or more specifically the coin, have actual real life use, it will be successful.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1363163)
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:46:52 AM

as long as the platform or more specifically the coin, have actual real life use, it will be successful.
Real life usage will bring that new coin to be more competitive inside the crypto industry, I'm sure as we all matured with this investment/currency system, we are all built with experience and while time passing by we are also learning from the past, this new coin that will be introduce needs to be more precise and ambitious in sense of making more friendly and easy to use yet very secured for our investment.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:53:38 AM

I dont see any coins that can become threat for eth, eth got it's own unique feature that has proven reliable and very useful, and a lot of coin developers also more believe in using eth for smart contract, so I dont see any of that coin that could replace the eth yet, and with that huge amount of transactions volume I think eth wont be that easy to be replaced
Kawasakinamoto

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:20:19 AM

There's alot of coins that can be the next Ethereum or even replace BTC which will be difficult because BTC has the biggest volume and cap in the crypto currencies that's why it's so expensive and that will not be a easy task for a coin.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 04:33:03 AM

Out of all the alternatives you mentioned, EOS seriously has the potential to displace Ethereum. The biggest advantage that EOS gives is instant transactions, which are really required in DAPPs that aim to go global with millions of members transacting at the same time. ETH is just not ready for that kind of volume, at least for next 2-3 years. Dan Larimer is the head of EOS, and he has already delivered two solid products, that is Bitshares (a decentralized exchange) and Steemit (many call it the Facebook killer on blockchain). So yes, he surely has the experience and more importantly the resources, to deliver a good alternative to Ethereum, if not better. Other than EOS, NEO might work; but rest are the ones on which I won't bet much.

bryan21

Activity: 75
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:27:03 AM

Ethereum is facing a lot of competition from platforms like EOS, NEM, NXT, Lisk, Waves, NEO, Stratis, Chainlink, DragonChain and others.  The playing field is very competitive, but Ethereum has a clear advantage in usage and community.  Do you think these other projects stand a chance?  If so, which ones?

Ethereum is next bitcoin, after bitcoin in the second position is ethereum. another coins will be in the 3rd position after ethereum and my prediction is NEO. Ethereum and NEO is growing fast and the value increase fast than other coins. So better if we already invest in bitcoin and we can do invest again in ethereum. I have some experience invest in ethereum, after 6 month later the profit so high.

● ALAX.io  | The Blockchain App Store Designed for Gamers
█ ██████████ █       TGE    17th Apr    █ ██████████ █
mulukey

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:17:20 AM

If I search for a coin the next ETH, I think it's NEO. NEO brings together elements that can compete on an equal footing with ETH, including the huge supporters from China, the technology platform that will enable ICO projects to grow on their own. These are the factors that NEO can replace ETH in the near future. I think 2018 will be the year that NEO is developing very strongly.
Sanitough

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:21:06 AM

If I search for a coin the next ETH, I think it's NEO. NEO brings together elements that can compete on an equal footing with ETH, including the huge supporters from China, the technology platform that will enable ICO projects to grow on their own. These are the factors that NEO can replace ETH in the near future. I think 2018 will be the year that NEO is developing very strongly.
I completely agree with you, that is why I am slowly accumulating more NEO for long term hold.
Looking at the trend here https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/neo/, it will give you confidence as it started from less than a dollar
until it reaches a good price now, I can say there are a lot of holders for NEO as you can see on its volume.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: