Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:42:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:03:28 PM

Cages with upgradable slots.

This facility is in Bulgaria, as is Joshua Zipkin when he penned this post about 10AM local time.
Based on what? I wouldn't expect the fire extinguisher sign to be in English if this was in Bulgaria.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:22:24 PM

This facility is in Bulgaria, as is Joshua Zipkin when he penned this post about 10AM local time.

THIS FACILITY IS IN PHILADELPHIA - BY THE WAY, JOSH ZIPKIN RARELY POST ON THIS THREAD. THIS THREAD AND THE INFO YOU HAVE POSTED ABOUT HIM, HIS FAMILY MEMBERS AND OTHER PERSONAL WHICH HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR BUSINESS AT ALL DISGUSTS HIM AS IT WOULD ANYONE ELSE IN HIS POSITION. BUT HE STILL WORKS 18 HOURS A DAY TO GET THINGS DONE.

ALSO HIS FATHER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS BUSINESS! HE GAVE ME AN OFFICE TO START THIS AND TOGETHER WITH HIS SON AND A FEW OTHER OWNERS OF AMT WE BUILT THIS COMPANY.

BECAUSE THIS FORUM IS NOT MODERATED AT ALL - IT ALLOWS FOR THE KIND OF CRAP THAT HAS GONE ON TO GO ON IN THIS THREAD. POSTING MESSAGES ABOUT FAMILY MEMBERS, PERSONAL ADDRESSES, PREVIOUS BUSINESS OF A STAFF'S FAMILY MEMBER AND OTHER INFORMATION WHICH HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH BITCOIN MINING OR BITCOIN MINING HARDWARE.

WE ARE AMT - THE USERNAME AMT_MINERS IS USUALLY ALYSSA OR JIM, BUT OCCASIONALLY HANNA, EMANUAL , CHRIS OR JENNA MAY WRITE FROM THIS USERNAME AS WELL.  

ONE USERNAME - ONE COMPANY.

LAST NIGHTS POST AT 4AM WAS FROM ME JIM, WHO LEFT THE PCB HOUSE AROUND 3AM, GOT HOME, ANSWERED SOME EMAILS - AND THEN UPDATED THIS THREAD. I AM NOW BACK TO WORK ON A SUNDAY, HANDS COVERED IN HEATSINK GREASE, TYPING IN THIS FORUM. I WOULD LOVE TO SPEND THIS DAY WITH MY KIDS BUT INSTEAD IM DOING WHAT NEEDS TO GET TO SHIP MINERS.

THIS FORUM IS NOT A MEANS TO COMMUNICATE WITH AMT - CALL OR EMAIL US - WE'LL GET BACK TO YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. WE PROMISE.

WE WILL LAUNCH A SUPPORT FORUM VIA OUR SITE THIS EVENING. QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED WITHIN 24 HOURS ON THAT FORUM. IF THE QUESTION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR HARDWARE OR BUSINESS, WE'LL DELETE IT.

USERS LIKE PHINNAEUS, LOSHIA, SIRMINESALOT ARE THE TYPE OF USERS THAT HAVE TAKEN BITCOINTALK.ORG WHICH WAS ONCE A USEFUL RESOURCE OF INFORMATION, TO IT'S LOWEST LEVEL. WHAT WAS ONCE A COMMUNITY THAT PEOPLE COULD USE TO FIND USEFUL INFORMATION AND WHERE COMPANIES ENJOYED POSTING ON AND GIVING UPDATES, HAS TURNED IN PURE TRASH BECAUSE OF A LACK OF MODERATION.

THIS IN TURN DRIVES BUSINESSES TO CREATE THEIR OWN FORUM LIKE BFL, AND COINTERRA, AND THEN IN TURN STOPS USERS.VISITORS/TRAFFIC FROM COMING TO THIS FORUM ALL TOGETHER FOR ANSWERS OR COMMUNICATION WITH COMPANIES IN GENERAL.

AND PHINNAEUS - ERIC,

WE WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU STOPPED THIS CRAP, OTHERWISE PEOPLE MIGHT FIND OUT WHERE YOUR BUSINESS IS LOCATED, AND WHERE YOUR HOME IS LOCATED. AND WE'LL BET THERE ARE SEVERAL PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM THAT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT INFORMATION BASED ON OTHER THREADS YOU'VE POSTED IN.

YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW THAT WE ARE NOT THE AVERAGE AMERICAN POLITICALLY CORRECT COMPANY. YOU SHOULD KNOW AND REALIZE WE HAVE RESOURCES THAT MOST DONT, AND THAT WE GO ABOVE AND BEYOND TO GET THINGS DONE.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:32:43 PM

Thank you AMT for the pictures and the responses. Though I still wish you would respond to my emails/phone calls, I understand that you are extremely busy. The only confirmation I have that you exist in material form is from that Eagle National Bank from across the street that told me you were their customer (of which put my mind a little more at ease). The coffee shop and the dental office didn't know anything about you (I called them first) however I did find a guy local that took pictures of your building but didn't take a picture of your business in the building... which would have put my mind significantly at ease... As you said you have hundreds of customers and we are just a few of them, however wouldn't it have been better to take a picture of your business months ago and post it on your website? When I open a new business I'm all about the public eye and take pictures of it for two reasons:

1. Makes it easier for a customer to find you (instead of the several customers that have gone to the adjacent buildings to find out where you are at)

2. It shows you are brick and mortar which would have put almost everyone here at more ease a long time ago (unless you are going for the neg publicity because lets be honest, publicity is publicity and some businesses have thrived on consumer turmoil and been successful but there are very few that could fall into that category).

Just some food for thought AMT. Let me know when you are sending me a check for my overpayment (I know it is a small amount but money is money). Do we have an estimated delivery date on orders 1020-1080? I may just plan a vacation around it.

Thank you.

Again - its a new location, we have not had the chance to get our teeth done at the local dentists and we usually buy our coffee from the wawa two blocks down because saxbys is twice the price and their coffee isn't that great. also in the business center we work in, there are over 65 business. its a very easy to find business center and our office is in the back of the parking lot in the last building on the first floor.

Also, we don't like getting reports from building managers and other people in the area asking why people are calling to get information about us.

We will make more pictures and try and be more accessible, after the next few weeks of shipments things should settle down a bit.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:34:44 PM

While the pictures aren't very focused, I appreciate some sort of update.

Unfortunately I think by the time these things get out the door, they will be vaporware. ISAWHIM is trying to stay positive about mining alternative coins with the miner, but for most I doubt they will see a return.

We still need users to receive them and run them successfully. We aren't out of the woods yet.

And Bulgaria is a very nice country and very beautiful country.  we enjoyed our time there, we respect the Bulgarian people and think in the technical fields, there are some absolutely brilliant individuals that are not recognized for their greatness. The only downside in your nation, and it has always been that way, is that Bulgarians do not confirm or unit as one, they don't work together well. They are brilliant, but must do everything alone if its possible.

Their lack of unification has caused them to suffer through years of bad political choices which led to a century enslavement, communism and now, well you watch the news.  Their culture almost teaches the average Bulgarian person -  to not trust anyone so quick. - and even when you've known him for years, still think twice about trusting him.

But more over, why Bulgaria wins this round. It would be the social life in Bulgaria, how people relax, sit on a table for 5 hours, drink and eat, the whole European thing, that's where they got it right.

Oh and the black sea. Anywhere along the bulgarian black sea coast is worth visiting. Sozopol/Nessebur.. its a nice one.

AMT_Miners = Joshua Zipkin.

AGAIN WE ARE AMT - THE USERNAME AMT_MINERS IS USUALLY ALYSSA OR JIM, BUT OCCASIONALLY HANNA, EMANUAL , CHRIS OR JENNA MAY WRITE FROM THIS USERNAME AS WELL.  JOSH IS OFTEN TOO DISGUSTED BY THIS THREAD TO EVEN READ IT.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:40:27 PM

Mr. Opeum2

Your call for the community to come together sounds good but then proclaiming that you are out of here as soon as you get your miner seems a little hypocritical. being from NYC maybe you don't understand the term community. I find a lot of people from the big city feel alone in a crowd.

Also remember, CLennel was once an overeager fanboy much like yourself and AMT turned on him.

nothing personal, just thought I would point out that the community will be here for you in the end if you don't trash the community in the beginning.

Well with the amount of crap being slung around and the unceasing amount of it yea. My goal actually is to start a community that is better moderated. You have a valid point. It is hypocritical of me. BUT when there is ZERO moderation of the community then yea most people including myself will walk away. Gotta pick my battles so to speak. From this particular thread I would have no motivation to stay on it once I got my miners. Point is stick to the topic which is trying to get AMT to post updates while keeping the flamer/trolls away or ignored. that will help this thread get the updates it needs. That is from my understanding the original intent of this thread for updates. Not AMT bashing. There are plenty of other threads and a scam section for that. I like numerous others just want updates. Not ceaseless conspiracies and other things that provide little information on when the miners are arriving.

Probably not a bad idea, like YourPalToots did with the "order" thread. Maybe make an AMT Users  thread for when/if people start getting their miners.

I find it disturbing that so few people (even on other fora) have confirmed getting even the bitfury units. Yeah, I know that people are not under any obligation to do so, but for just about every other mfg/brand that has shipped, there are dozens of people talking about their shiny (or not so shiny) machine. THIS is where my problme lies. The machine they gave me (for which I'm grateful) is obsolete. They should have delivered a boatload of 'em, as the price was decent for what it was and they advertised a lot. Where are the wild machines? I've seen about ten from members here, found ref to maybe ten more using google and other fora.

I would very much like to be wrong on this. I WANT AMT to be a good outfit.
As amt compared them selfs with apple   Grin and they silently admitted most of the work is subcontracted. The only hope for you is they to find right people for the job. Meanwhile time is ticktackingng away. So time will tell if they will found appropriate people at all.
I am starting to wander how they were chosen  to be bitmine partners because:
1. They sold zero coincraft chips Grin
2. They have added Zero to bitmine business in terms of engineering programing or designing terms. Famous AMT engenders are josh and his father probably well known with their engineering skills Grin
3. They have waited long enough to copy bitmine design and despite of bitmine they have not shipped a single nut  Grin
4. While all this happens china borders will flood market with miners ready to mine for 5k almost at chip price. Yeah I know the stolen/legal chip rumors but it will not stop them. Mans this will not stop customers to buy them
5. All the above will drawn their customers and probably amt also. Rio is a fiction
So who cares that reputable US company will be able to make domestic miner delivery in near feature  Grin
Conclusion  .... They a good at Bulgarian psychology and habits, parking tickets and a free stakes Grin
AMT you can make a survey asking the forum members who are most UNsatisfied ASIC customers around the forum
And winner is?Huh BFL or AMT Grin  Grin
All what is left is a good hope and a good will that something gona happen someday

1. WE'VE SOLD MANY COINCRAFT CHIPS TO AMERICAN CUSTOMERS, AND ARE STILL SHIPPING THEM ALL THE TIME. MOSTLY BUSINESSES STARTING TO OR TRYING MAKE MINERS, OR PCB HOUSE THAT ARE MAKING MINERS FOR OTHER CLIENTS. MOST QUANTITIES SOLD ARE IN THE 100-500 RANGE AND NOT LESS.

WE ARE BITMINE'S PARTNER AND THEIR US CHIP DISTRIBUTOR - THIS OUR JOB! YOU CAN BUY THESE CHIPS FROM BITMINE - AMT - AND ZEFIR. WE'RE SURE BOTH BITMINE AND ZEFIR WILL BOTH VERIFY THAT!

2. WE'VE ADDED A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF RESOURCES TO BITMINE, LISTING THEM ONE BY IN THIS THREAD IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS AND NOT APPROPRIATE IN GENERAL.

3. WE HAVE SHIPPED UNITS. WE JUST HAVE NOT SHIPPED YOU A FREE MINER. AND BECAUSE WE DID NOT SHIP YOU A FREE MINER TO REVIEW, YOU SIT ON THIS FORUM AND TALK TRASH ON THREAD. - ITS BASICALLY BLACKMAIL LOSHIA.

4. THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO COUNTERFEIT CHIPS IN CHINA, THESE ARE ONLY RUMORS AND THE PEOPLE THAT BUY INTO THEM WILL BE BADLY BURNT.  THE CHINESE DO NOT HAVE WORKING TERRAHASH MINERS - THEY SIMPLY DONT EXIST, THEY ARE ALL LIES LIKE THE SEVERAL OTHER LIES IN THE FORUM IN THE PAST - LIKE PHEONIX TECHNOLOGIES FOR EXAMPLE. IF THE CHINESE PURCHASED CHIPS FROM BITMINE, US OR ZEFIR - MAYBE THEY'VE BUILT A BOARD AND PUT IT INTO A MINER - BUT THAT HAS YET TO BE SEEN.

5. WE ARE ROUNDING UP OTHER FORUM MEMBERS, THEY WILL COME TO OUR BUILD SHOP AND HELP US ASSEMBLE FASTER - THIS WILL ENSURE THAT OUR LEGITIMACY IS FACILITATED IN STONE ON THIS THREAD. NO OTHER MANUFACTURER HAS DONE THIS BECAUSE OF SECURITY REASONS - BUT AGAIN WE'LL TAKE MORE RISKS AND SHOW THIS THREAD AND THIS COMMUNITY THAT WE HAVE BUILT, CURRENTLY BUILD, AND ARE NOW USING THE COMMUNITY MEMBERS TO BUILD - BITCOIN MINERS.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:56:11 PM

Probably not a bad idea, like YourPalToots did with the "order" thread. Maybe make an AMT Users  thread for when/if people start getting their miners.

I find it disturbing that so few people (even on other fora) have confirmed getting even the bitfury units. Yeah, I know that people are not under any obligation to do so, but for just about every other mfg/brand that has shipped, there are dozens of people talking about their shiny (or not so shiny) machine. THIS is where my problme lies. The machine they gave me (for which I'm grateful) is obsolete. They should have delivered a boatload of 'em, as the price was decent for what it was and they advertised a lot. Where are the wild machines? I've seen about ten from members here, found ref to maybe ten more using google and other fora.

I would very much like to be wrong on this. I WANT AMT to be a good outfit.

Agreed, it seems like there are only a few of those models out there and in the hands of people. I tried to ask Martin how many bitfury based boards were sold to AMT, but he said he couldn't disclose that information without AMT's approval first. My guess is that it was a very low number of miners, and primarily done to rouse up buyers for the larger upcoming models.

I am surprised that many buyers here are not HORRIFIED that AMT has come on here and asked for help assembling from the community. It just goes to show that they were completely unprepared for the task at hand, and every day that goes by equates to lost BTC. It's a shame, and enough for me to say "Stay away from AMT!"

After all of this, and with the emerging competition of other companies building Coincraft based miners: suggesting others to buy from AMT is very unlikely. I'm sure that won't matter though, people get burned and walk away, and new customers take their place. It's like a revolving door, hopefully this thread will be a lesson to those in the future.

Being horrified that a company is asking for help from any locals is not necessarily a bad thing. Guess on that YMMV in terms of how it can be viewed. If we go on the number of miners sold from first order to the last order number we know of at least 1500. Out of those maybe around 40-50 people have been responding on this thread. If there were so many problems I imagine this thread would have exploded with far more people than just the few participating. The reason I still have some hope this is getting turned around is the fact that there aren't more people in here complaining, that there are only 1 or two complaints on sites where normally you can see hundreds or dozens at the least. Simply put the numbers just don't add up. I use BFL as a comparison point. They have HUNDREDS of complaints unique users complaining their hardware (pre-monarch even) that has not arrived. Here we are looking at most 3 dozen out of a couple thousand. Granted this by itself isn't any kind of evidence or basis for anything. It just an observation based on other incidents like it.  Some pages ago there were some users who claimed they got their miners. But soon as they said that before they could go into any detail (order number and such) they were trolled on as AMT shills.

So yea with the amount of trolling going on of course people will report less. Noone wants to wade in a verbal mess like that unless they have to. I know from my first post here I was considered a shill or an alt account and I am sure those same people still think that. Maybe not. But whatever the case they use my post count or whatever other nonsense to bring down other people who are trying to report back. As has been noted by various others. This community is not very welcoming to start with.

Sadly most other vendors are pretty bad about communicating. Some are worse, and some sadly are actually scams. We have seen this in various threads. AMT as far as I can see is attempting to make it happen. Its obvious from the photos they are working on their miners. They are like pretty much all the other ASIC manufacturers, startups. This is an incredibly new field. less than a year old. Demand has been incredibly high. I don't think there is a single vendor out there getting miners out on time. And for the ones that have onhand supplies it wont take much to see they initially were late also at one point. Now its easy to see alot of used ASICs out there on the market. So the flow is happening. These are essentially 2nd generation machines as they have cleared the 1ths barrier. I figure for at least the next 2-3 years we will see the growing pains diminish. The ONLY companies that will thrive are the ones by that point delivering on hand and on time. Right now thats just starting to be the case. But its not the norm.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:00:33 PM

LOUD NOISES! Tongue

Ignore the hate... They have little to contribute to anyone's interest but their own.

On the other hand, I have given-up my vested interest, as I mentioned in the prior posts, so that others gain.

There is actually a bunch of good potential assemblers in the alt-coin forums here. Many of which have previously built many good GPU setups. They too, might be as eager as I, to give you some desired assistance.

I see that as a bonus. One of the few miner companies willing to actually include the bitcoin community directly. However, if this forum thread has shown you one thing, it is that you DO have to be careful who you invite into your home. Anyone can see that an obviously bad person is bad... it is the ones who look good, but are actually bad, that you have to be cautious of.

Don't worry, once I am there, driving around on my solowheel in the city... I will be stopping and talking to everyone. They will all know where I work, how much the thing between my legs costs (the solowheel), and also that I bought it with bitcoins. Tongue I get stopped by two-three people every day now. I tell them what I do for a job, then I tell them what I do for a living. They all think about bitcoins after that. Tongue
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:04:54 PM

Thanks AMT for the update!!  Keep up it and lets get shipping !!!!

Is the power supply going to fit?

I wonder if it is FCC regulations that require AMT to include a case?

No FCC that would take another year to approve.
No server powersupplies ? Delta makes 2000+ watt jobbers @220v (old stock are cheap)
Case to small/crowded for good heat dissipation (look to KNC) for open case standard.
Not a lot in the design makes technical sense to me, I make em butt ugly, however Function is over the top. (see antminer S1 for good design)
PCB looks nice, well spread out.

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:26:05 PM

No server powersupplies ? Delta makes 2000+ watt jobbers @220v (old stock are cheap)
Case to small/crowded for good heat dissipation (look to KNC) for open case standard.
Not a lot in the design makes technical sense to me, I make em butt ugly, however Function is over the top. (see antminer S1 for good design)

FCC is fast, like 1 month... Less if you exclude it as a proximity device, or limited operation device. (There is even a free service to apply for you, after they test it.)

But that would only be the board, not the unit. Since the PSU and other components are already FCC approved.

As for heat dissipation... You need only fast air evacuation and a slight turbulence at the cooling-fins with slight positive air-pressure for better thermal transfer. That, or an even evacuation, which requires negative pressure and guided air through shrouds.

The shorter the path, the better. (The optimal design would have been the fins going the other way. Going the length, they pull heat from the front, down to the back, which travels quickly back up to the front, through the heat-sink itself.)

The more fins or surface/area the better, on aluminum's thermal-reflective surface. (Sand-blasting the surface actually helps to increase the surface-area and create some additional turbulence for transferal-time. Rolled micro-slots would be better, like the inside of a water-block.)

With open-air design, most of the air-flow passes right over the unit. However, the thermal reflections have more space to radiate into the highly thermally resistive air. Great if you have a decent reflective design, and not a dissipation or transferal design. This design, however, seems to be a dissipation and transferal design. Indicated by the volume of aluminum used and the parallel fins. For that, you want direct flow in and out, with slight positive pressure in the case. (Not an efficient design, but one that everyone keeps using, for simplicity and cost-savings.)

KNC's secret is the heat-pipes, going to multi-finned radiators that all have independent negative-pressure fans, I believe. That is negated by trapping those individual units within an aluminum box. They are not ones to model as a "good design". That is like 90% of the crappy GPU's that just blow the heat back into the CPU case, with the hope that you have enough case-fans to pull out the power. P.S. Case fans create more heat... From the PSU and from the fan stepper-motor itself. It only pulls-in more dust and that stops the effectiveness of having all those fans in the first-place. Unless you operate in a clean-room with a hepa-filter, down to 0.00001 microns.
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:29:05 PM

FCC is fast, like 1 month... Less if you exclude it as a proximity device, or limited operation device. (There is even a free service to apply for you, after they test it.)

But that would only be the board, not the unit. Since the PSU and other components are already FCC approved.

As for heat dissipation... You need only fast air evacuation and a slight turbulence at the cooling-fins with slight positive air-pressure for better thermal transfer. That, or an even evacuation, which requires negative pressure and guided air through shrouds.

The shorter the path, the better. (The optimal design would have been the fins going the other way. Going the length, they pull heat from the front, down to the back, which travels quickly back up to the front, through the heat-sink itself.)

The more fins or surface/area the better, on aluminum's thermal-reflective surface. (Sand-blasting the surface actually helps to increase the surface-area and create some additional turbulence for transferal-time. Rolled micro-slots would be better, like the inside of a water-block.)

With open-air design, most of the air-flow passes right over the unit. However, the thermal reflections have more space to radiate into the highly thermally resistive air. Great if you have a decent reflective design, and not a dissipation or transferal design. This design, however, seems to be a dissipation and transferal design. Indicated by the volume of aluminum used and the parallel fins. For that, you want direct flow in and out, with slight positive pressure in the case. (Not an efficient design, but one that everyone keeps using, for simplicity and cost-savings.)

KNC's secret is the heat-pipes, going to multi-finned radiators that all have independent negative-pressure fans, I believe. That is negated by trapping those individual units within an aluminum box. They are not ones to model as a "good design". That is like 90% of the crappy GPU's that just blow the heat back into the CPU case, with the hope that you have enough case-fans to pull out the power. P.S. Case fans create more heat... From the PSU and from the fan stepper-motor itself. It only pulls-in more dust and that stops the effectiveness of having all those fans in the first-place. Unless you operate in a clean-room with a hepa-filter, down to 0.00001 microns.

Glad you are going to work there, I would have done same or more.

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:32:32 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 09:51:10 PM by ISAWHIM

If you got real desperate for cooling... You could cram a few thin-walled copper pipes (used for ice-makers in fridges), in-between a few slots. Pipe those to a decent water reservoir and radiator from a used dirt-bike, and you are good. (Those are cheaper than the stupid CPU radiators that are all over-priced.)

Like I said, I was going to have fun playing with my units. Tongue

P.S. Better to place the radiator outside... Even better if you put it over the AC unit air-flow... Since that pushes a decent flow of desirable air into the radiator, that would also have it's own pulling fan on it. But that is if you had more than one unit. lol. Only "I" would do that for one unit... Just because I could.

My unit would more than likely just end-up in the garage or on the porch, where it is always free natural cooling. Gotta love that humidity! It sucks-up heat from radiating aluminum like it were starving for it! (No, the humidity does not hurt the electronics. Condensation does not settle on hot surfaces, unless the humidity is hotter than the surface itself. 98F is cold to a 105F-180F GPU/CPU/ASIC. Tongue)

Also note... Dry home-air is bad for cooling electronics... Great for cooling YOU because you perspire. You have your own water reservoir and you are actually a heat-pipe losing heat through evaporative cooling as your perspiration evaporates into the cool-dry air. You need humidity in the air to help capture the thermal radiation. Water is tuned to capture it better than dry air, but not by much.

That is why we all think fans provide cooling... they cool us... (Actually they just push-away our perspired humidity. A fan in a room, without you in it, actually gets hotter, not cooler. With you in it, it gets even hotter... Ironic! But you feel cooler! Though you would eventually overheat, like being inside a convection oven. Tongue Just open a window. lol.)

P.P.S. Ceiling fans are the stupidest invention to run in summer-time... they generate heat and push all the hot air from the ceiling, onto you. Heat radiating from your 205F roof, blasting at you, through the insulation... The 250w motor pissing-out heat... Get a floor fan, where the cool air is at. Much better! Lower wattage too!

That, or soak your hands under the faucet... free cooling 65F... Well, every 50 gallons they charge you a few pennies!
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:55:20 PM

Step 1: Make it
Step 2: Make it function
Step 3: Make it function better
Step 4: Make it function better, for less
Step 5: Make it function better, for less, faster than the Chinese!

I think Americans like to stop at step 3, until a CEO decides he needs more money, then they do step 4, then the rest of the CEO's decide they want more money and let China do step 5 for them. Which is usually where they die as a company. Tongue

<-- American Tongue
buysolar

Activity: 125
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:26:48 PM

I live very close to the location that AMT posted as their office address and over the past few months, I sent them several communications volunteering to help assemble their systems. I have a lot of experience assembling computers and swapping out chips and boards. I'm also very familiar with a lot of the popular mining software options(cgminer, bfgminer etc..). In every communication I've stated very clearly that I can start immediately and that the rate of pay is completely at their discretion. So far I've had no response from them. I sent the email to their website, as well as their avatar on this forum. I'm only letting everyone know this because of their post a few pages back saying that they are looking for staff. I of course emailed that address as well to volunteer my services.
So far I've gotten no response, my offer is still on the table. I am still available to start immediately.

I sincerely wish everyone here the best and hope that you receive what you paid for.

AMT_miners if you're serious about needing staff.... PM me, I'm still happy to help.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:37:18 PM

I live very close to the location that AMT posted as their office address and over the past few months, I sent them several communications volunteering to help assemble their systems. I have a lot of experience assembling computers and swapping out chips and boards. I'm also very familiar with a lot of the popular mining software options(cgminer, bfgminer etc..). In every communication I've stated very clearly that I can start immediately and that the rate of pay is completely at their discretion. So far I've had no response from them. I sent the email to their website, as well as their avatar on this forum. I'm only letting everyone know this because of their post a few pages back saying that they are looking for staff. I of course emailed that address as well to volunteer my services.
So far I've gotten no response, my offer is still on the table. I am still available to start immediately.

I sincerely wish everyone here the best and hope that you receive what you paid for.

AMT_miners if you're serious about needing staff.... PM me, I'm still happy to help.

Please send your mail to Josh directly and he'll get back to you, some emails get lost in the sales/orders email.  Josh@advancedminers.com

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:44:45 PM

WE ARE AMT - THE USERNAME AMT_MINERS IS USUALLY ALYSSA OR JIM, BUT OCCASIONALLY HANNA, EMANUAL , CHRIS OR JENNA MAY WRITE FROM THIS USERNAME AS WELL.  

Are you new to the Internet? Please stop with the shouting. The moderators will start removing your posts if you continue.

The policy to not remove anything worked when the forum was small. Now that we have thousands of posts a day, we can't afford 50% of them being junk. The moderators are now instructed to be less tolerant of low-value posts.

Some guidelines:

1. Free speech - you can say anything as long as it is relevant and presented in a calm and polite manner. Swearing, SHOUTING etc. make your post more likely to be removed.

Buy & Hold
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:18:12 AM

LOUD NOISES! Tongue

Ignore the hate... They have little to contribute to anyone's interest but their own.

On the other hand, I have given-up my vested interest, as I mentioned in the prior posts, so that others gain.

There is actually a bunch of good potential assemblers in the alt-coin forums here. Many of which have previously built many good GPU setups. They too, might be as eager as I, to give you some desired assistance.

I see that as a bonus. One of the few miner companies willing to actually include the bitcoin community directly. However, if this forum thread has shown you one thing, it is that you DO have to be careful who you invite into your home. Anyone can see that an obviously bad person is bad... it is the ones who look good, but are actually bad, that you have to be cautious of.

Don't worry, once I am there, driving around on my solowheel in the city... I will be stopping and talking to everyone. They will all know where I work, how much the thing between my legs costs (the solowheel), and also that I bought it with bitcoins. Tongue I get stopped by two-three people every day now. I tell them what I do for a job, then I tell them what I do for a living. They all think about bitcoins after that. Tongue

Blah blah blah... lets see if you actually end up there assembling.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 12:24:59 AM

THIS FACILITY IS IN PHILADELPHIA - BY THE WAY, JOSH ZIPKIN RARELY POST ON THIS THREAD. THIS THREAD AND THE INFO YOU HAVE POSTED ABOUT HIM, HIS FAMILY MEMBERS AND OTHER PERSONAL WHICH HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR BUSINESS AT ALL DISGUSTS HIM AS IT WOULD ANYONE ELSE IN HIS POSITION. BUT HE STILL WORKS 18 HOURS A DAY TO GET THINGS DONE.

ALSO HIS FATHER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS BUSINESS! HE GAVE ME AN OFFICE TO START THIS AND TOGETHER WITH HIS SON AND A FEW OTHER OWNERS OF AMT WE BUILT THIS COMPANY.

BECAUSE THIS FORUM IS NOT MODERATED AT ALL - IT ALLOWS FOR THE KIND OF CRAP THAT HAS GONE ON TO GO ON IN THIS THREAD. POSTING MESSAGES ABOUT FAMILY MEMBERS, PERSONAL ADDRESSES, PREVIOUS BUSINESS OF A STAFF'S FAMILY MEMBER AND OTHER INFORMATION WHICH HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH BITCOIN MINING OR BITCOIN MINING HARDWARE.

ONE USERNAME - ONE COMPANY.

LAST NIGHTS POST AT 4AM WAS FROM ME JIM, WHO LEFT THE PCB HOUSE AROUND 3AM, GOT HOME, ANSWERED SOME EMAILS - AND THEN UPDATED THIS THREAD. I AM NOW BACK TO WORK ON A SUNDAY, HANDS COVERED IN HEATSINK GREASE, TYPING IN THIS FORUM. I WOULD LOVE TO SPEND THIS DAY WITH MY KIDS BUT INSTEAD IM DOING WHAT NEEDS TO GET TO SHIP MINERS.

THIS FORUM IS NOT A MEANS TO COMMUNICATE WITH AMT - CALL OR EMAIL US - WE'LL GET BACK TO YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. WE PROMISE.

WE WILL LAUNCH A SUPPORT FORUM VIA OUR SITE THIS EVENING. QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED WITHIN 24 HOURS ON THAT FORUM. IF THE QUESTION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR HARDWARE OR BUSINESS, WE'LL DELETE IT.

USERS LIKE PHINNAEUS, LOSHIA, SIRMINESALOT ARE THE TYPE OF USERS THAT HAVE TAKEN BITCOINTALK.ORG WHICH WAS ONCE A USEFUL RESOURCE OF INFORMATION, TO IT'S LOWEST LEVEL. WHAT WAS ONCE A COMMUNITY THAT PEOPLE COULD USE TO FIND USEFUL INFORMATION AND WHERE COMPANIES ENJOYED POSTING ON AND GIVING UPDATES, HAS TURNED IN PURE TRASH BECAUSE OF A LACK OF MODERATION.

THIS IN TURN DRIVES BUSINESSES TO CREATE THEIR OWN FORUM LIKE BFL, AND COINTERRA, AND THEN IN TURN STOPS USERS.VISITORS/TRAFFIC FROM COMING TO THIS FORUM ALL TOGETHER FOR ANSWERS OR COMMUNICATION WITH COMPANIES IN GENERAL.

AND PHINNAEUS - ERIC,

WE WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU STOPPED THIS CRAP, OTHERWISE PEOPLE MIGHT FIND OUT WHERE YOUR BUSINESS IS LOCATED, AND WHERE YOUR HOME IS LOCATED. AND WE'LL BET THERE ARE SEVERAL PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM THAT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT INFORMATION BASED ON OTHER THREADS YOU'VE POSTED IN.

YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW THAT WE ARE NOT THE AVERAGE AMERICAN POLITICALLY CORRECT COMPANY. YOU SHOULD KNOW AND REALIZE WE HAVE RESOURCES THAT MOST DONT, AND THAT WE GO ABOVE AND BEYOND TO GET THINGS DONE.

Please, I beg of you, don't post my address on this forum. I am so sorry, and it won't happen again. My doctor has mixed up my medication. That is the truth! These are the pills he's giving me. The guy pictured is my doctor.

I'm just a poor barn wood guy who just got his first contract to build a barn for a client and I don't want to lose that contract. Here is the pic of the barn I'm building.

So, Mr. All Caps, Jim Brown, Harrison Zachariah Zipkin, Joshua Zipkin's Daddy-O, was kind enough to give you, not JZ, an office, along with JZ and other owners, to build AMT.

Pretty amazibg motherfucking leap, considering all that would have been need stated was that AMT is/was using a small office occupied by Joshua Zipkin, one of the principles of AMT. Here is one piece of evidence, outta dozens, to support our claim.

http://www.crunchbase.com/company/the-deal-fair/revision/1

General Information
Website   thedealfair.com
Blog   thedealfair.com
Category   ecommerce
Phone   +3473210833
Email   joshua@thedealfai...
Employees   10
Founded   3/2011
Description   Inc

Offices
Headquaters <Joshua Zipkin, a Penn State graduate (2002-2008), spelt Headquarters incorrectly>
1254 West Chester Pike
Havertown, PA, 19083
USA

Tech Center
133 Nishava Str. <no such address in Pennsylvania or Sofia, Bulgaria>
Sofia, PA, 1404
USA

As far as bringing Harrison Zipkin into all this, let me remind you, dick-for-brains, it was Joshua Zipkin that first mentioned Harrison, and not a single other Bitcoiner. It was Joshua Zipkin that said that Harrison, a 6'3" 320lb gorilla (paraphrased), is just a friend of the family of the founder of the founder.

It wasn't till AMT started breaking promises that I entered into the mix and exposed you lying fucks. To this very motherfucking day, your asses are still lying.

Case in point. It was just yesterday you claimed to be overwhelmed with tasks, pleading for help from this community. Today, you inform us that a forum will be in place by tomorrow. A forum that will have to be manned to fulfil all the promises you just made as to how it will perform. I find that totally fucking amazing. You might as well claim that AMT can now shoot fireballs from their eyes, and bolts of lightning from their arse.

To reiterate, people know more about me than the guy/AMT that's taken in millions of dollars of pre-orders. According to this revision http://www.crunchbase.com/company/solstice-benefits-group/revisions depicting the IP address used, Joshy Boy was in Bulgaria at the time when he made said edit in July of last year, 2013.

Here's further proof that Joshua Zipkin used the same office that his father, Harry Zipkin (yes, he's used that name as well for a myriad other entities), was so kind to let you, Jim Brown, et al. of AMT use, when Joshua Zipkin could have done so, so motherfucking easier himself. But, I guess perpetuating a ruse is a helluva lot more fun. Laugh! Laugh!

http://web.archive.org/web/20120222162703/http://setupstarters.com/

Contact Us Today

Setupstarters Inc.
1254 West Chest Pike
Philadelphia
PA
(347)-321-8033
Info@setupstarters.com
(C) 2011 SetupStarters Inc

You are the fuckers that opened up a Pandora Box that could have easily been keep close. NOT I, or other bitcoiners. In fact, I'm just now reading shit on this very thread that exposed you fucks all the way back to November of last year, yet you opt to call me out because I just so happened to now be the loudest voice bringing your scammy asses to light.

Here's some advice. The next time you, or any other entity for that matter, opts to scam millions of dollars via bitcoins with some subsequent venture(s), please contact me so that together we'll be able to do it right.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 12:28:37 AM

BECAUSE THIS FORUM IS NOT MODERATED AT ALL - IT ALLOWS FOR THE KIND OF CRAP THAT HAS GONE ON TO GO ON IN THIS THREAD.

There you go, lying again. I can't believe that the mods on this forum are not doing any moderating. Them fucks better invite me to whatever circle jerk they're attending next or I'm going to me one fuckin' pissed off dude. And, there better be a goat.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 12:30:43 AM

To prove you your lying asses that the mods are moderating, here's a pic of a camel, whereupon once seen by the mods, this post will be deleted for posting off-topic.

"Remember me, Josh? We met in Nashville."
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 12:38:51 AM

Hey, asshole! That reads like a threat. Just in case you desire to follow through with it, you piece of shit Bulgarians, the following is my real vitals. Bring it on, tough boys! Bring it on!

Bruno Kucinskas
406 W. Center St.
Sandwich, IL  60548

815-508-1668

It's a blue house with a totem pole on its left (looking at the house from the road) depicting an image of Honest Abe.

The following is what you'll be looking for, sans the first issue of Bitcoin Magazine being propped up by a piece of barn wood. The red push lawnmower is still at the same location.

Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: